All reviewspremier suiterobinson crusoewhite beachtraditional filipinoshell necklacediscovery shoresother resortsgeneral managerpowdery sandclear waterbreakfast was includedhappy hour isgreat resortlow seasonwelcome drinkmangobeach chairs
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Four days and three nights of sheer bliss. Great food. Memorable resort. Friday night buffet was sensational. The staff were extremely helpful. Will definitely go back again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank CleverTrev0r
Reviewed March 11, 2010

Absolutely the best resort I've ever stayed in. Exceeded all my expectations. I'm so glad we chose Fridays for our long awaited romantic gateway without the kids. Impeccable service, beautiful food, breathtaking beach and that divine Go Coconut drink which taste I'll never forget. We stayed in a premium room just above the pool. I wish we could stay longer, but my husband was on a business trip in Manila and we only had two nights/three days to spend there (Friday - Sunday). Transfers were very smooth. The staff welcomed us with nice cold drinks and shell necklaces. Top service, - even better than i've ever experienced in Australia. Same applies to the beach. In Australia we are spoiled with beautiful beaches, but this one was literary a paradise beach, one you see in romantic movies and think this can’t be true! We had cocktails at the beach, swam in emerald-green water, done all sorts of water activities we've always dreamed to try: parasailing, jet skiing, snorkelling, etc. Snorkelling near Crocodile Island is great! This statement is coming from someone who's done snorkelling before - in Australia's Great Barrier Reef. Friday night buffet was very special. We enjoyed exceptional food and life performance. Actually, we didn't go to any other restaurants - so much we enjoyed the food at Fridays restaurant! The lobster was especially good. The chef himself came out to ask how we wanted it – crispy or juicy. Breakfasts are also yummy. You get a choice of American, Filipino, Korean and Japanese breakfast. Freshly squizzed juice is great. Unlimited water and coffee is served as well.

The pool is sparkling clean - I saw the hotel staff daily cleaning routine and it's impressive!)

There is something else I feel I need to mention here. Before coming to Fridays Boracay I was somewhat worried about local vendors and overall security of the resort. I was pleasantly surprised with the efficiency of the resort's security guards. They do not let vendors to trade at the resort's beach. They are always there to bring you a towel, they watch your belongings and you do feel very secure in Fridays.

One more thing that gave me piece of mind during our stay at Fridays, is that you know what you are being charged for. If you ask for some extras (extra drinks, massage, etc) they will give you a paper to sign to make sure you agree how much and what you are being charged for. This way you don’t have any unpleasant surprises when you check-out.

I felt so sad we had to leave Fridays, but the experience will be part of our life and the memories will last forever. If I'm ever back (and I so hope I will be!) I will have no doubt to stay at Fridays again!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank gymjun
Reviewed March 4, 2010

I'm one of the biggest fans of Fridays. I think its the best property to stay at in all of Boracay. I've even recommended them to my entire family who has gone there staying at the most expensive rooms - and loved every bit of it! This last trip in Feb 2010, I didn't help but notice some slippage in the extraordinary service they use to provide... I also couldn't help but feel some tension in the staff... Maybe it was just because it was Chinese New Year and everyone has been running ragged for the past week, or maybe because they've been booked solid since December. Maybe it could also be because they just lost/gained another General Manager (3 since the last time I stayed), and they are still trying to connect and find their rhythm.

It was nice to see the regular wait staff that I've adored over the years - Jojo! It was also nice to see the people that truly run the property, and has been the constant of Fridays even in the changing environment. Maybe I'm it's just imagination, but it may be time for Fridays to pick itself up and dust itself off, find its uniqueness, and once again become the shining example for all other properties in Boracay. Let's not go the way of most hotels where too much success comes at the expense of its loyal patrons.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank WTravelerSeattle
Reviewed February 21, 2010

We stayed here for my partners 30th birthday. I was told of the beach before I arrived but didnt give too much notice - hey, we're Australian and used to fine beaches. How wrong I was; walking on Boracay is like walking on baby powder and staying at Fridays away from the madding crowd made it even better.

Fridays collected us from the airport and accomodated our flight changes - three times! They lifted, carried, primped and preened us the whole time we were there. Philippine service is legendary, and this is further backed up by the service at Fridays. Nothing was too much effort for them and they looked after us like royalty.

I was hestitant to publish a review as I dont want Fridays or Station 1 being over run with the tourist crowds further down the beach, but I couldnt resist. If you want a secluded yet handy resort in the truest sense of the word, make sure you try Fridays before anything else.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ande69
Reviewed February 1, 2010

I read extensive reviews on Fridays and other competitors. I wanted to make the best decision for what I was seeking: peace, relaxation, luxury, charm, convenience, excellent customer service, proximity to the powder-white sandy beach, accessibility to day time activities and night life, a scenic room view, and affordability. I felt you could not achieve the luxury and scenic room view without paying more than the bargain resorts. Basically, you get what you pay for so I splurged on the Premium Suite at Fridays and got exactly what I was seeking.

I had been to Boracay with my parents and sister 13 yrs prior when it was less developed. Despite all of the new construction, Fridays maintained the island hideaway ambiance as it is located in Station 1, but was easily accessible to the busy Station 2 area. I brought my partner with me. We stayed in the Premium Suite. I put my parents and my sister along with her partner in two of the standard Deluxe Rooms. Everyone raved about their stay particularly because of Fridays. You can enjoy everything in the Deluxe Room minus the scenic view and luxury of the Premium Suite.

If you can afford the Premium Suite, it is worth it. Some of the suites require a hike up three flights of stairs. If you have physical limitations, this is not the room for you. If not, the view from the balcony is breath-taking. The bedroom is spacious with high ceilings. The bathroom is amazing consisting of an open shower overlooking a wide concealed glass panel in addition to a jacuzzi large enough for two. We found excuses to take multiple showers throughout the day.

Customer service is top-notch. Their employees appear happy to be there. We are constantly greeted throughout the day. Their transport service is a huge asset. Our plane was diverted to Kalibo from Caticlan because of strong winds. A 2-hr bus ride was required, but once we arrived at Caticlan we were met by Fridays staff to help transfer us directly to the resort. Fridays also coordinated our transfer back to the airport after checkout. People have commented how they were annoyed by bag carriers asking for a tip. It's part of the service industry. We tip porters in NYC, throughout the U.S., and the world. If you can't afford to tip approximately US$1 per bag perhaps you shouldn't be vacationing. They handled all the bags with care and carried perhaps 1/2 of their own body weight for long distances without dropping them.

The restaurant prepared delicious meals and drinks. We had the option of going elsewhere for our meals, but it was too convenient for us to stay. Of course there are cheaper restaurants around but we still paid less than our usual NYC entrees. Their Filipino meals were authentic. Their American-European meals were fine. Even though my sister's partner ordered the wrong meal, they replaced it with the correct meal without any fuss or additional charge. I recommend the Go Coconut drink. It was delicious and plentiful. After finishing one, I enjoyed a drunken stupor on their beach chair for a good hour or so. The following night we decided to split one.

In conclusion, Fridays is not cheap nor too pricey. If your budget allows, take a Premium Suite. Despite accommodations, we all had a great time. It was a romantic island hideaway that met all of our expectations. It was a great introduction to the Philippines and Boracay for my partner and my sister's. Now we are left with the dilemma or either planning trips to other parts of the Philippines (e.g. Palawan or Bohol) or staying at Fridays once more. I wouldn't mind repeating at the sake of missing other tourist hot spots though.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple