“Right on the beach”

Ranked #41 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Singapore, Singapore
“Right on the beach”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Great location but housekeeping not too great. Food and cocktails were good. The pool was not inviting and can get very crowded.
The good thing about staying here is that you can just step out into the beach.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We have spent there 1 week as family with 2 kids (3 years and 6 month old) and were happy with the hotel selection.Best things to mention about the hotel:
-very close to sand beach (even 3 year kid can walk from the room to the beach on his own), we had premier beach view room, which I certainly recommend. One of best word beaches and the best beach for kids - very low water level and no waves, kids love it!
-large and comfortable rooms, nice food
-very kids friendly staff

Minuses I would mention to other guests:
-no pool and there would not be any as new hotel is under construction on its place (hotel provides sweet truffles as compensation for this but I personally think price should be reduced)
-personally I do not like their breakfast as you have to choose set from the menu and it is rather simple (you can also choose one dish but that was not enough for me) - no buffet
-just note that parties are distant but can be very loud in the evening, may be look into hotels on the 3rd station if you like piece and quiet
-just about the beach- it can be covered with algae, but hotel staff clears it in the evening so no smell

Room Tip: if you travel with small kids premier beach view are the best
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Nadezhda_1906
Reviewed May 8, 2014

FRIDAY'S has always been our first choice whenever we travel to Boracay. Aside of course from it's best location which is really a paradise for everyone, the staff of Fridays and the higher management, are so awesome!!! They are so nice and friendly!. What an excellent service they have!!!! food, rooms and other amenities , almost everything is excellent!!. This is why my husband and I chose FRIDAY'S BORACAY as our dream wedding destination where we can celebrate with our family from Philippines, Japan and U.S.A
My husband and I booked the wedding package a year ahead of the wedding date.
Year 2013, it was a busy crazy year for me and my husband. At first,Ms Cristina Mabasco was the one who coordinated with us for few months about wedding details and other services FRIDAYS offer for the wedding. But later on , she resigned at FRIDAYS and Ms Erika Faustino replaced her and started to work with us. Erika has always been friendly and creative. I am amaze by how she handles lots of wedding @ Fridays successfully. We started to talk thru skype and email. There were a lot of challenges with the schedules between me and erika because of time difference between the U.S where I am at and PH and also I understand that she is doing a lot of weddings and the season we picked is a very high season for weddings at FRIDAYS.But Erika make us feel really important and she was making a lot of suggestions to make my wedding more personalized which I really appreciate.I felt like FRIDAYS need two wedding coordinator especially on peak season. Thank you so much to Erika Faustino!!!! So even I still have to prepare a lot of stuff by myself, communicate to a lot of people from ph pertaining to other wedding details , my burden from wedding preparation was lessen because of Erika=).The wedding venue is an experience itself!!! it is so wonderful.the sand castle, japanese lanterns, the whole set up.... so breathtaking!!! The staff who worked @ the wedding reception are so excellent!!! so friendly!! The food are so delicious!thanks to the whole staff of FRIDAYS especially to Ms Erika Faustino!!Every guests and family on my wedding had a blast!!!! And we all enjoyed this special moment in my life.
There are small details that were missed on my wedding: such as my guestbook w/c was unsigned and left at FRIDAYS, the designs of flowers set in the table and cake which are not the designs that I wanted (but still the flowers are beautiful), the operator from FRIDAYS who played the songs from our music playlist didn't play all the songs we want (we didn't hire a dj, coz we thought the payment was so pricey), we stayed in a suite which is really spacious and good but wi-fi signal was so weak, still , overall experience was good! The level of service was just as good on our 2nd visit. I would also like to thank Elma, the receptionist on that day who helped us. She's one of the person who helped my parents-in-law to make it on the day of my wedding!!!
My husband and I got married recently, 25th of April 2014. And FRIDAYS never disappoint us=)
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

Room Tip: The suites are nicer. so spacious. and it's more quite .
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Loida D
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 7, 2014

After our engagement, looked at various resorts for the beach wedding and plumped for Friday's. The initial planning was a bit rough as went through a new wedding planner halfway through the year but luckily I don't live that far from the Philippines. It was relatively smooth to connect and plan via calls and email despite working with a different culture. Just ensure you are very specific in what you want and are persistent with your follow through. Also prepare to have some flex on your schedule.

Saying that Erika Faustino worked really hard to meet our requirements for food, the setup and the layouts. Upon arrival, we found the setting great with a nice ambience and a beach hut feel. The rooms themselves were spacious and pleasant to stay in especially after a long day at the beach. The resort is also not too far from the bar hubs at station 2, which can make for a pleasant 15m amble along the beach. Staff were really nice and attentive trying to make our stay as hassle free as possible. Food at the local restaurant was fresh and relatively inexpensive.

I also recommend Christian & Kokoy from Bordoy Viterbo photography, they had reasonable rates and very professional during the shoot. Don't forget to prep the guys before the big day on your ideas, as once the day hits you'll be busy all day..

A final recommendation would be to book in advance the island hop for your entourage from Caticlan to your hotel; I found Southwest Tours in Boracay very reasonable. This saves the hassle at the port which can be very busy and fairly confusing..

It was a great day, and everything eventually came together with the help from the above people. Enjoy your stay in beautiful Boracay..

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HK_Chill
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We had our dream wedding at Fridays at the end of March 2014. Since we are living in Switzerland and we are our own wedding planner, we had to organize everything remotely in advance by E-mail and phone/Skype. After a rough start (we had three different managers working with us during the first four months), we finally found the best way to communicate with Erika Faustino, Sales Executive for Weddings and Corporates, from the Manila office and she was very helpful in offering as much help as possible, including going the extra mile by putting together some specific decorations which we have requested. We finally met her in Boracay three days before the wedding and it was great to see that everything fell into place.

Erika was also our wedding coordinator during the actual day and we want to thank her very much for making this day so special, i.e. unforgettable! THANKS!!! You did a great job!

We like the resort very much as it gives you the beach hut feeling and not the modern chic layout. It does equip itself with all amenities you want to see – well, except for an iron and its board… The food is very good and there is the need to mention the beachfront: It is pure paradise! Although Boracay got more crowded over the years, the beach at Fridays is still rather isolated – due to the fact that it is at the end of Station 1. Nevertheless, if you want to experience the more lively part of the beach, it’s only a 15 minute walk down the beach.

We saw some comments on the land dispute that was going on during our stay. We weren’t really bothered about it. Honestly, who needs a pool if you have the big one just in front of you… The dispute also has some effect on the size of the beach front. However, during our wedding dinner at the beach, the “ugly” part was nicely covered by a nice white linen. If you didn’t know it, you wouldn’t have seen it!

We had the perfect wedding – from start till end (except for the checkout day whereby the service by the receptionists were really bad). The staff was very helpful in fulfilling our wishes during the wedding day. We kicked off early in the morning with Gate Crashing. The ceremony in the afternoon was impeccable and our 50 + guests from all over the world were stunned by the scenery and setup. The dinner reception had a great buffet food and a perfect tone. You couldn’t ask for more! The tip of the iceberg was the ending of our reception with a same-day video edit made by Mayad (www.mayadstudios.com) and the fireworks organized by Fridays at a timely manner thereafter. We can definitely recommend Fridays for having your dream wedding. Thanks again Friday's and Erika in specific!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JoSh L
Bohol Island, Philippines
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We are a couple from New Zealand who have been living and working in the Philippines. We chose to have our wedding at Fridays boracay on the 21st of April. It was hard negotiating over email and this caused a few headaches BUT on the day/night everything went really well. The main reason I wanted to write this review was that it ended up costing us the same amount to fly down KSM (Keeping soulful music) - Jean and Joey, a band from Manila. They really made the event amazing and I would encourage you to use them for your future Boracay weddings. They have an amazing range of music, they're able to do slow music over dinner, but also get the dance floor cranking as well. We had 60 fly over from New Zealand and quite a few said it was the best wedding band they'd ever heard. Best way to start the discussions is to talk to their manager Solomon Cu, solomonmarcuscu [at] yahoo [dot] com. Fridays also has their number now. Thanks to KSM and to fridays for a great event in a superb location.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Buderim, Australia
Reviewed April 29, 2014

A relaxing beach style ambiance, that will help anyone who needs a good break away.

The beach area in front is amazing, you will see this each afternoon you go for a walk and see the green weed others further towards town have to deal with when they go for a swim. There was always a few free kababa's in front for us each day, even on weekends in Summer holidays.

It's thankfully a quiet part of the beach, but a short 15 min walk to restaurant's and nightlife, which we did a few times, to later stumble home along the well lit and safe beach.

Staff are exceptional, did everything they could to make sure we had a great stay. Extra marks to the events guys, who recommended some great stuff for us to do during the day.

Restaurant when we were there had some of the best food on the island. We ate out at other places suggested here on trip advisor a couple of nights, but the best meals (and cocktails) were right in the resort. Full cudo's to the chef.

It's not a huge resort, so you can get a bit of privacy, unlike modern the concrete jungle next door.

Some might say it is a bit expensive and the beach front room we stayed is getting a bit old and has seen better days, but it did not matter, location, food and staff made up for any shortcomings. I would happily pay the price for the experience of staying there again.

Room Tip: Any of the beach bungalows are great, don't go for the big rooms at the back of the property, un...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple