All reviewspremier suiterobinson crusoewhite beachtraditional filipinoshell necklacediscovery shoresother resortsgeneral managerpowdery sandclear waterbreakfast was includedhappy hour isgreat resortlow seasonwelcome drinkmangobeach chairs
Reviewed September 27, 2008

Was vacationing with my girlfirend a couple of days in September over in Boracay and figure I would give this place a try given the rave reviews I had about it since i was looking for a place to spend in Boracay.

I will be very truthful with you since I have traveled alot in Asia and in the Carribean and stayed at 3 star local hotels all the way to the 5 star international hotels.

If you hate ants, PLEASE stay away from this place. I am giving you this warning up front.

We stayed one night in the premier room and had ants. We then upgraded to the Premier Suite figuring that since it was located in the hillside, it would be better.. not!.. we got ants in the suite as well. This was not the fault of the Hotel. They send the housekeeper to spray the room but in a few hours, the buggers were back in the room again.

The service was very good. Pretty much the people at the resort was at beck and call if you needed them so I really can't knock that aspect of the hotel. (example, if you want the room made up, it was done within 30 minutes... i was pretty shocked myself)
Jojo and his team made our stay at the beach very relaxful (love those beachbeds)

Since it was a small property, the hotel only had one dining area which sat right next to the beach. The food was pretty good compared to the other areas we ate at between station 1 and station 2. ( we ate at a few places in D' mall and at the Boracay Regency which was quite nice to my surprise.). We weren't able to sample the fable Friday's Buffet since it was only offered on Friday (We only were only there from Sunday to Thursday). Price wise, it wasn't too bad compared to NYC prices but you can definitely save some money if you eat off the hotel premise (assuming you are willing to sacrifice some quality) since the places we ate from in Station 1 and Station 2 were just okay (with exception of the Boracay Recency but again that was hotel food again.. lol)

The weather was pretty nice given it was rainy season (pretty much only rained very early morning - 6AMish or late night 10-11 PM) so we got alot of rays duriing the daytime sunbathing at the beach. When we came back, we found out that we just missed a typhoon hitting the phillipines so timing worked on our side from a weather standpoint.

The beach review was spot on from the other reviews. Friday does has the best spot. it was clean and no vendors bothers you which was not the case once you leave the Friday's premise. It's pretty sad how much junk and garbage washes up every day onto the beach, people can be are such a litterbug and it does, in my opinion, hurt the island's image as a tropical paradise.

Another warning to people traveling from the states over to Boracay: the travel time is very very crueling since we had to take 3 flight legs + 1 boat leg over to Boracay. (We took the route from NY to Vancover then from Vancover to HK - 1st leg, then we took HK to Manila - 2nd Leg, and then from Manila to Catalin - 3rd Leg, At Cathalin, Friday picks you up and you drive to the jetty where a speedboat takes you over from Catalin to Boracay ~ a bout a 10 min boat ride and it beachs onto station 3 where you then take another 20 min car ride into the hotel. Due to the new restrictions placed in Boracay, the boat does not drop you off on the beach anymore at Fridays.

Total travel time was like 26-27 hours between the legs + layover so a round trip to and from will cost you almost 3 days. I think due to the travel time, I will probably take my next vacaton in the Carribean. (My main reason to traveling to boracay was to say I been there which I finally did this year)

The rooms reviews are pretty much spot as well. the deluxe rooms and the premier rooms are a little outdated and is a bit dark. Again, I am assuming that Friday's is trying to display a more "rustic / island-look "design but seriously, it would be nice if they updated this style a bit to met people's expectation especially if you're paying $250 USD a night.

When we upgraded to the Premier suite, it cost an addition $ 30-$35 a night which was worth it given how much more you're getting for the money and it was worth it in my opinion.

As of right now, they are competing against Discovery which is right next doors and Shangra-Lai which will open in October. However, given Shangra-Lai's high pricing ($ 500 USD a night for a deluxe room), the cliente will be very different in my opinion.

Well I hope this review helps and please feel free to drop me a message since I am a member on the site if you need more information.

P.S. I haven't had a chance to upload any pictures yet but will do once I get some more free time.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
6  Thank bigdaddyNewYork
Reviewed September 19, 2008

Best hotel in Boracay!! great staff too!

Stayed: September 2008
2  Thank enbamba
Reviewed August 26, 2008

Just returned from the most fantastic holiday at Fridays, Boracay.

We were a bit nervous about heading to Boracay in August, but we were in luck and the weather was great for our entire 6 day stay. The island is so much fun, lots to do, eat and drink and White Beach is truly beautiful.

But the real highlight was Fridays. The resort is so beautiful. I enjoyed so much staying in a very local, intimate and well run resort. Yes, the rooms are a little old and very dark, but at a place like Boracay there is no need to spend any time in your room! The food is outstanding (best steak sandwich I have ever tasted), the sun lounges the best, and the staff were just so lovely, they really made our stay that much more enjoyable. Special mention to Jojo our beach attendant, who couldn't do enough for us, and made me feel like a queen whilst lying on the beach! And the staff beach Olympics on the Saturday we were there was so much fun and great entertainment - so great to see the staff enjoying themselves so much at work!

I highly recommend Fridays for an unforgettable holiday.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AEB72
Reviewed July 28, 2008

I decided to give Friday’s 3 stars.
My main reason for rating it lower than 4 was that I was disappointed with the room. I had booked a Premier room and we were put in an older room which was not what I was expecting.
The room is large but in general looked tired. And because the room are mainly made of wood, and built in 1982, there was crack all over. And that is I guess is the reason we had cockroach, centipede, ants, larva and maggots inside at all time.
Every morning we had lots of larva in our bed. My wife didn’t like that!
The new premier suites on the top was much better, but didn’t help us much. And, consider the price we paid for the room, that is the standard all room should have on Friday’s.
You get room standard like this (Premier room) for $50 in Thailand.....

That said, Fridays is a beautiful resort, but just not worth the price they charge. You can stay at Regency for less than half price. You get a better room, and they have four swimmingpools too. (But you lose some of the charm you get at Friday’s)
The staff are extremely courteous and go out of the way to make you feel at home.

The biggest disappointment was the beach! In our nine days at Friday’s we had two days, where the beach was really beautiful. The rest of our stay, the beach was really bad..... There was so much trash and drift-wood on the beach every morning, that it took hotel personnel three/four hours to clean it everyday. And most of the other hotels didn’t clean the beach, so it wasn’t very nice. I guess that means you shouldn’t go to Boracay in July if you expect a nice beach.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank Sondregutt
Reviewed July 2, 2008

We returned from Fridays a month ago after spending nine nights there. We spent our first week in the Philippinees travelling around on various islands and then finally stopped for some luxury in our final week. We were not disappointed!
When we arrived we were taken straight to our room to do the check-in procedure there and were welcomed with drinks and a shall necklace. We had booked a premier suite and it was well worth the money - the room was by far one of the best I have ever stayed in and I have been lucky enought to stay in five star resorts across the world.
The room was huge with everything we could ever want in it and the bathroom was almost as big with a full length glass wall, shower, separate jacuzzi bath, dressing area and more......
The room was so big that we hardly even ventured over to one side of it during our whole stay there and considering the other places we visited during our time away were dated and lacked in new technology, this was the opposite.
We went down to the beach immediately and both me and my partner were amazed at the powder-like sheer white sand at the front - Fridays is built on by far the best stretch of beach and located at one end of it so you get less passer-bys than other resorts along the same stretch. Its one of the best beaches I have ever been to by far.
And the sunbeds - more like beds on the beach with two massive towels for bed - pure luxury!
The whole experience was brilliant – the hotel staff couldn’t do enough for us – we had to call a doctor out during our stay there because of a particularly bad cut – the doctor was there within the hour, administered stitches an medication there and then and came back twice during the rest of the stay to check everything was healing as it should be – all for £100. It’s a pleasant walk to the other stations where lots of bars and restaurants are but extremely cheap to get there by the local taxi service – which is nothing more than a bike with a sidecar but a great experience all the same.
Every night they left us homemade truffles and wrote our names and a good night message on a leaf that was left on our pillow, the weather was great, the food was good and the Fridays barbecue was fantastic – the only problem we found was that it all quietened down a bit early but there was plenty nightlife further down the coast. The food was more expensive than most places on the island but far cheaper than any other 5* hotel I have been to.
While we were there, there were two weddings on the beach with couples from the resorts – both very different but both very beautiful – the efforts the staff went to were wonderful. I would have no hesitation in going back – its just a bit far from the UK – but completely worth it! I have read reviews on this site comparing it to Discovery Shores next door and fair enogh, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But for me, a 28 year old English girl who likes a bit of luxury on holiday and something a bit different from a package deal to Europe, it was everything I wanted and more.
If anyone would like to ask questions or get any further please feel free to get in touch and I'll be happy to help.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple