$35
Casa Venicia(Caticlan)(Great Value!)
$28
$59
Agoda.com
HangOut Beach & Resort(Malay)(Great Value!)
$13
$10
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
$28
TripAdvisor
All reviewspremier suiterobinson crusoewhite beachtraditional filipinoshell necklacediscovery shoresother resortscaticlan airportpowdery sandgeneral managerbreakfast was includedclear waterhappy hour iswalk along the beachgreat resortlow seasonwelcome drink
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at Fridays. We had one of the rooms just off the beach which was perfect. The beach was beautiful and we spent most our time there. The service was a bit slow at breakfast, but the waiters and manager did what they could to keep things going. Food was good and hot when it was served and we had a great view so I can't really complain. The buffet dinners were priced too high so we chose to eat out each night, the food did look good though. Would have been nice if we were given the option to order off the menu if we wanted. Overall a great vacation and I would recommend Fridays to others.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Beachlover1219
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been to Boracay Island several times and each time, I always try a new hotel. So 2 months ago, it's Friday's, and yes, this is, I think, the best spot in the long stretch of white beach. Wide powdery sand in front of the resort, with many beach benches to relax on.....just your perfect holiday.

The rooms are very nice as well, the concept is a traditional Filipino dwelling, but with a modern touch. We stayed in a deluxe room and it is just perfect, very near the beach and the resort restaurant and front-desk. The more expensive rooms are on top level of the resort, which, they say, have the best view of the white beach. But personally, I prefer our room because I'm not so fond of climbing the stairs going to the elevated level of the resort. It is closer to the main road, 'though. I only wish the staff were more accommodating. I mean, they were helpful enough, it's just that you have to call their attention first before they respond. (I guess I am just used to hotel staff who are sensitive to their guests needs, but not intrusive).

Breakfast is a set menu. For 2 mornings we were there, I ordered the typical Filipino breakfast, which (sorry, but being a kitchen person myself, I have to write this) needs a lot of improvement. Anyway, you haven't heard me complain, because the staff in the restaurant were friendly enough. But I think it's only the Filipino set, because the other sets look yummy.

Overall, the experience was very good and definitely worth going back to.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank SunshineYell0w
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful beaches with caring and service minded people.
We received one of their best rooms - top class nothing to complain about. The cleaning lady was very nice and brilliant in here work. As I understood there is rooms which need rebuilt. The food and executive chef together which the management people and staff was very nice and helpful. We likened Fridays very much!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Anso61
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed at Friday's Boracay for 5 nights with a group of friends over NYE 12/13. We paid approx. $600pn and were obviously expecting a wonderful experience given the cost of the accommodation. Unfortunately we were all bitterly disappointed:

1. The Rooms - needed to be updated about 10yrs ago - they are dated, the beds are either rock hard or lumpy and soft, the pressure in the shower is the same as a baby dribbling on your head and the water is either scalding hot or freezing cold. The hair dryers may or may not work and when our air conditioning started to leak onto the television cords, maintenance simply covered the cords with a towel... very safe.
2. Reception - When we originally booked we were staying 2 people to a room. Unfortunately a couple of friends were unable to come and the configuration changed and we had 3 people stay in 1 room and 1 person in the other (there were 3 beds in 1 room so this was achievable without the need for a roll away). When we asked reception for an additional key (a request that they refused - you only get 1 key per room) they said tht they would need to charge us extra for the 2nd room (even though it had 3 beds in it and were already charging us $600per night!). in the end we were not charged the extra amount but that was because we protested loudly. It certainly left a bad taste in our mouths for the rest of the trip.
3. Don't expect anything to work - from the DVD player to the phones to the hair dryers to the TV's - if it works then feel privileged because it is an exception and not the rule at Friday's.
4. When ordering food or drink from the bar/restaurant, 9 times out of 10 the staff did not have us sign receipts confirming which room the beverage/food was to be charged to. As a result, there were items charged to our room that were not consumed by people staying in that room.
5. Room Service - don't expect your food to come in a hurry. One evening, we ordered a pizza from room service; 30 mins later there was a knock at our door which we expected it to be our food. Our expectations were clearly too high as the person at the door was simply delivering a message - the kitchen had no pizza dough...
6. Beach towels - are as rare as hens teeth - there are 2 deliveries of clean beach towels each day - I recommend you stock up in the morning as you won't get any until the 4pm delivery... even though the resort is a beach resort.
7. We booked our accommodation at Friday's months in advance because we were told that there was a waiting list, which is why we were willing to pay such high prices (thinking that it was a 5-star resort). When we arrived there were vacant rooms that a couple of friends (who decided to come at the last minute) stayed in for $300per night less than what we had paid!

A couple of positive comments - Jojo and the activities team were an absolute pleasure to deal with. The location of the resort is really good and the beach is lovely. We had a very fun new years eve dinner even if the majority of the food was cold.

It would have cost us an additional $100 per night to stay at the Shangri la (which is heaven on earth) - pay the extra money and stay there. Otherwise go for a cheaper option - at least you won't be bitterly disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay at the Shangri La
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank SEK_1010
FridaysBoracay, General Manager at Fridays Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear SEK_1010,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Whilst you were obviously disappointed and unhappy with certain aspects of your stay, I am happy to hear you did have some positive experiences. We have taken note of your comments and will work to improve on your points of concern.. We do apologize for not meeting your expectations. And certainly paying $600.00 per night our guests have certain expectations of Fridays Boracay, we can only but strive to meet these in the future, again thank you for your time and feedback.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

After booking and being completely screwed around by the Pearl of the Pacific we transferred here, after 2 days out of a 7 day stay I am already compelled to review this place. I just can't fault it, the room was magnificent, the food superb, the service outstanding. It's at the best end of station 1, quiet and a short walk down to the mall & station 2 activities. With three visits to Boracay under my belt we could not get into our regular hotel so we chose Pearl of the Pacific (huge mistake). thankfully they gave our booking there to someone else and we were left hotel'less...it was an omen...Fridays will now be the new hotel of choice in Boracay.

Room Tip: If you want space go for the premium suites, they are up a few steps from the beach but well worth the climb.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family