Tonglen Beach Resort
  • Breakfast included
Seabird International Resort(Boracay)(Great Value!)
$54
TravelBook.ph
  • Beachfront
The Boracay Crown Beach Hotel(Boracay)(Great Value!)
$38
  • Pool
All reviewsswimming poolcleaned dailytowels providedrestaurant food isbig tvlovely poolenjoyed our staybit datedair conditioningpeace and quietpolice stationspacious roomplace to stayminute walkhot and cold showerboracay tripnoise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I have been to different places in the South of the Philippines, but our stay in Tonglen Beach Resort is really brilliant. My family and I had a wonderful time...having peace and quiet when we retreat to our room, yet enjoyed the night life along the beachfront, as Tonglen is just 5-10 minutes walking distance. The place is very clean and secured, staff very courteous and even has amenities for barbecues and outdoor sports. Well done, John and family and staff.. I will definitely book in this place again when we go back to Boracay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Irene C
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Located about five minutes from White Beach's Station 3, Tonglen Beach Resort maybe a little far off from the glitzy and gaudy Boracay scenery. However, this is also its strongest point. Tucked away in lush gardens and trees, the hotel offers complete serenity and privacy from the noise of restaurants and bars along the White beach strip.

The courtyard and room balcony are nice places to unwind and have a beer in after a relaxing swim at the hotel pool. The restaurant features a wide array of food choices, with prices being fair for their quality and servings.

Family rooms are clean, spacious enough and have complete amenities. The staff are courteous and attentive. All in all, our stay in Tonglen have been amazing, and I'd definitely recommend it for those who want a quiet respite during their stay in Boracay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank FilipinaExplorer
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stayed in Tonglen for the weekend of March 17-19 2012. Our standard room was not available so they upgraded us to the deluxe room. Very very clean and spacious. Shower had hot water and cold. The staff was very atttentive and kept the place in tiptop shape. I didn't know it at the time but when we checked in I met the owner John. He looked like a very relaxed man who was obviously that way as his staff does a great job and his worries seem minimal. Also his son Jason is there and when the staff was not readily available the very charming 9 year old would ask if there was something that we needed! He even played a game of soccer with me in their spacious recreation area. We got breakfast in the morning and my wife would not stop raving about the great meal she had all day! Pool was relaxing. Though not a beachfront property it only takes a couple of minutes to get to the White Beach in Station 2. Thanks again Tonglen for a great get away.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank JuanAndres1969
Reviewed March 14, 2012

This place has a very comfortable feel to it. It's about a 5 minute walk to the beach from the resort.
It's not flashy, not loud. It's a nice quiet place to relax. The Trees and shaded areas in the courtyard have a kind of relaxing effect from the chaos of the beach front. If you want that loud party atmosphere book at the resorts along Station 2.
Wifi is in common areas only, meaning the courtyard, reception, and restaurant...which if you think about it is actually a good thing, it forces you get out of the room. I think being able to access from the balconys just outside the rooms would have been nice.
The food is good particularly the Filipino Breakfasts. Only Criticism about the restaurant is that the owner being British, didn't have any Comfort food from England like Bangers and Mash, Steak and Kindey pie or even some Fish and Chips!!!! hehehe...

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Magdalo1
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I recently spent over 2 weeks at this resort on Boracay. I would like to share my views about this resort. I found it superb, as I say a home from home. I found the staff to be excellent, welcoming and helpful in all aspects. I was very happy with the room and room service. The pool is excellent and I found the food in the restaurant to be really good, we ate there on a number of occasions.The setting is wonderful, just off Main Street but the garden shelters you from the traffic outside. The resort is within walking distance from the beach and D Mall.
I shall certainly be returning here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple