“Best beach ever”

Sea Wind Boracay Island
Ranked #31 of 152 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Sea Wind resort is located on powdery White Sands beach.It took us nearly 2 days to get there from Boston, MA, USA but it was well worth it! My daughter & I went for my brothers wedding, she's from Illio illio.

Room:
We had a room with 2 twin beds located on the 2nd floor above reception. No view really but we didn't spend a lot of time inside. It was large and clean & the beds were comfortable.. The bathroom had a large walk in shower and we had a small fridge.
Food:
Breakfast and one dinner were included in our room price. Breakfast was ok, they had fruits, and made to order omeletes,. Mangoes are the best in the world and the little banana's were yummy. They also had a different type of little hot dog everyday. Different for us American's but isn't that why we travel.
Dinner is where they really shine. It's a buffet that costs around $10 US-different stations are set up on the beach and you select your meats/seafood/chicken & veggies and depending on the station they'll grill it or stirfry it. The shrimp & oysters were amazing I find myself want to go back just for them. You sit at tables set up on the beach and watch the sun set as you eat. We had dinner and lunch at 3 other places and Sea Wind was the best!
Pools:
They had 3 pools. One is in the main area and was fine but if you really want to relax head across the street & up the stairs to discover the 2 hillside pools. We were always the only people there.
Location:
Walk to the left a mile or so down the beach to D'Mall you'll find lots of shops, bars & restaurants. Need a massage? Look for D'Spa in D'mall for the most delightful massage for only $15 US! I went twice.

• Stayed: April 2010
1  Thank magmid

Reviewed September 16, 2010

This time we want to give our review of a resort because people should be aware of what they get.

It is not value for money at all, staff seems like they dont care if you are there or not, and they were not busy while we were there. Breakfast was the same every day and if you are not keen on asian breakfast, it is difficult.

They have a BBQ on the beach most of the week, not recommandable.

The location is very good if you want to relax and enjoy the beach as it is at the nice end of the beach where it is not too busy.

You should consider arranging your own pick up from airport since they are almost twice as expensive as other resorts on this service.

We mooved to Ambassador in Paradise the last night there and for the same price we got all that we had expected from Sea Wind. Great service, good food, new big rooms and a place we defenitely are going back to.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kat0007
Reviewed August 24, 2010

It's my nth time in Boracay and I have had may fair share of bad and good accommodations. Staying at the Sea Wind has been by far the best! The buffet breakfast they have is heaps better than the ones I've had in other places. The room that we got (3 adults + 1 child) was very spacious. (If you must know, it's the Aklan room #10). Although the signal of the wi-fi is not as strong inside the room as it is outside the room, their dining area is a good place to sit down and plug your laptop at and surf the net/check your emails. We were in Boracay for 4 days and on my 3rd day nearing our departure, I already miss Sea Wind. Our stay came with 1 free buffet dinner for 2. Dinner was great - eat all you can grilled anything (seafood, pork, chicken) and eat-all-you-can Mongolian BBQ!!!!! I love the fact that it's past the grotto - that means the water in front of the resort is nice. I can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank sonielle
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed at this resort on Boracay and we couldn't have been happier! The location was perfect, in Station 1, which is much less busy and has a much nicer and wider beach than stations 2 & 3. It was a quiet location where you could relax and enjoy the surroundings and beach. It was an easy 15 minute walk down the beach to the busier Station 2 & 3, where all of the shopping, bars and restaurants are located.
We stayed in the Bamboo House and the room was very nicely decorated. We were about 30 steps to the beach from our room. The room was clean and we even had a little porch area outside with a wooden bed that we could lay on and nap (which we did).
The staff was very friendly (but so are most Filipinos), always smiling (again, so are most Filipinos) and they were very helpful. The resort grounds were very clean, the sand was raked every morning and we didn't see any trash on the ground. The breakfast buffet was excellent every morning, although I'll admit the Western food didn't look too good. The Filipino cuisine was great! And the best part was they set up a dinner buffet/grill on the beach every night. The food there was excellent too, you would walk up to the big refrigerated case, tell them which pieces of fish, chicken, pork, beef, etc you wnated, they would grill it for you right there in the beach and then serve it with rice. We ate there two nights and the 3rd night, we walked down to Friday's for their dinner and Filipino Folk Dancing, which was fantastic!
The last thing I need to comment on was the massages! They were wonderful, my girlfriend and I got one every afternoon on the beach! So relaxing.

Overall, this was a wonderful place to stay and we can't wait to go back and stay at Seawind again!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eholo5yx
Reviewed August 4, 2010

We recently travelled to Boracay and stayed at the Sea Wind resort, we initially booked 5 nights only to see if we like the area and resort and we did and ended up booking another 5 nights at the Sea Wind, the rooms are spotless and staff are very friendly and welcoming especially the bar staff look out for Madz, Marvin, Daryl, Eeejie, Xander and Marlon who were all great. Once our first 5 nights were over we had to move to the other section of the sea wind that wasnt on the beach it was situated over the road from the front desk and in jungle surroundings and has two beautiful private pools again with stunning surroundings and waterfall. The only slight downside on this is they hens at the back of the room we were in (303) they were so noisy and no good for a lie in. The breath taking views from the main section of sea wind were amazing and well worth the long flight getting there for. The main pool is also great. The staff from the airport to boat station to the front desk to the cleaning staff and the bar staff and bell boys were all very polite and helpful and could not do enough for us. There was only one front desk member of staff who checked us out that annoyed me we had settled the final bill and checked out on our last day and had gone to breakfast before our departure and came and intererupted our breakfast accusing us of drinking 6 bottles of local water from the mini bar and not paying for them, we hadnt as whilst we were there I bought evian as wasnt keen on the local bottled water, he wasnt giving up on it until I insisted we hadnt drank it anyway after refusing to give into him and he decided to blame housekeeping anyway 99.9% were amazing so one person wouldnt put me off I would definately love to go to Boracay again in the near future as its very reasonable and lovely people not to mention the fatastic settings and beaches. The hotel does have free wifi, however, isnt the fastest but does the job.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank karenball
Reviewed July 31, 2010

this is my 10th trip to bora and finally i found the perfect place to stay and it's SEA WIND, nothing fancy abount seawind , i just love where the resort is located and the villas are so homey......feels like home away from home, rooms are spacious, clean, no insects, towels are changed everyday and staff are very helpul and polite

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2010

We picked this hotel because of two reason, the price and the location. Station 1 is the cleanest and not so populated beach front out of the 3 stations where most of the nicest resorts are. All out all the resorts on station one, I think Sea Wind gave the best bang for your buck. its nice, clean, and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Our room had sort of a view of the beach and since it was close to the main street, some of the culinary smell nearby would seep into our room but that wasn't a big deal, we got use to it after the first day, beside we spend 90% of the trip outside in the sun. Their buffets are pretty good and priced nicely for what they offer but you should definitely try to eat at different places while you're there. I would have given this review 5 points if it had not been for the bed. My bed was quite hard and the guest bed they had setup for my brother was a lot softer. The most important factor in a hotel is to provide a comfortable bed for the guest, in my opinion. Overall I had a great time, I would definitely come back here in the future.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family