“Nice Staff & Beautiful Rustic Ambiance”

Sea Wind Boracay Island
Ranked #34 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed May 4, 2009

My family and i had a really nice time at the Sea Wind. Very nice rustic ambiance. Beautiful, wide beach front location. Bar & pool close to the sea. Very friendly and accommodating staff. The food & drinks are priced just right so if you don't feel like going out, eating in the hotel won't ruin your budget really. Try their kare-kare (very generous serving).

Since it is located at Station 1, it's a great place to stay if you prefer a very private and quiet stay. There's WiFi so my teenage kids didn't miss out on their internet. The place and people doesn't make you feel like it's a monotonous hotel stay.

Very nice place for honeymooners, the not so young and for those with "Privacy" on their list in hunting for a vacation place in the island.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank raiman777
There are newer reviews for Sea Wind Boracay Island

Reviewed March 25, 2009

After going back and forth between the much higher priced resorts along Station 1, I'm so glad we decided to go with Sea Winds! As soon as my husband and I arrived at the front lobby of the resort, you could see not just blue, but turquoise water! We couldn't wait to check into our room and lay right there beachront outside our room. However, the beachfront rooms weren't what we expected. So, the staff let us pick which room we wanted and we ended up staying in one of their newer "super-deluxe" rooms across the street. Kind of a hassle to walk across the main resort to your room, but a very tropical and native experience, despite seeing geckos and all the island bugs you would expect. Staff was friendly and attentive, so attentive that they watch you while you're eating (not sure if they mean to be accomodating your every need or just curious to see tourists). They booked tours for us and called us directly to remind us of our departure times and when I had trouble making phone calls, they would continue to try until i got connected. Breakfast buffet was to die for every morning, but dinner buffet on the beach was just average. Best part of this resort, was the privacy on the beach for they have their own security. They even have their own massage and mani/pedi services, which you can get whilst lounging on the beach, 1 hour massage + mani&pedi =$20! Don't recommend getting the mani's/pedi's, for my hubby got a toe infection! The price was just too good for us to pass up that we didn't think about how sterile their equipment would be. Still we enjoyed our stay in Boracay and would definitely go back someday!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lookin4bluewaters
Reviewed February 21, 2009

Clean, upgraded bathrooms, great staff, perfectly positioned on the beach, superb breakfasts (best poached eggs I've ever had in a hotel) and good if not gourmet restaurant. Nice swimmming pool and great bar. Wifi etc. Everything worked.

Parties on the beach at night can be noisy. If on the annex to the hotel I think that could be noisy too - road noise. We were in no 9 on the ground floor - and that was fine.

There are a lot of more "aspirational" hotels in Boracay but the package that Joebert and his team put together is very good indeed.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank yachtjudge
Reviewed February 4, 2009

Staying in a satisfied hotel with nice view is the most necessity in every my trip.Seawind is a nice choice I made after hundred hotels reviewed on internet.
SeaWind Location in boracy: I have to say if your want to spend time with family, or your beloved one, you have to stay in Station 1 in boracay. Station 1 has so great powder sand,you dont want to walk with your shoes.I looked trough station 2 and bulabog beach for its famous wind surfing, which disappointed me a little bit. Station 2 is nice for night life, you can get everything you want. Bulabog, I didnt see actual relax beach except huge waves beating the shore,then I ran away back to Staion 1 ,well it was a cloudy day I been there.
SeaWind Rooms, there are rooms front and back off the road. You must chose the rooms front of the road, the traffic road occupied with jeepneys or tutus is loud.I stayed in Dulexe room, its quite nice.If the AC can be quieter would be nicer.Dont expect it to be a five star management, you will disappointed.
SeaWind Food, better request include breakfast into room rate, you can not find easy cafes nereby in 5 minutes if your getting up hungry. The food quite okay. They offer famous BBQ buffe every evening on the beach, would be a nice choice if you dont have budget. There's a wedding party orgnized by seawind the first night I stayed there. Looks pretty romatic, but I guess every wedding at the beach can not be bad.
SeaWind enviornment, they have own garden around the swimming pool everything,so the tree leaves, branches all mixed in the sand.I strongly recommend if they can clean the sand biweekly or monthly.I prefer step on pure white sand even inside of the resort. They dont have beach umbrellas and its quite tough if stay under sunshine all day long. Luckily they have quite a few palms for shadow.One thing annoying me is that last day there, they start to arrange beach 6PM BBQ at 11AM..... They moved all beach beds from one side to another,and you have to follow the movements, otherwise only chairs and tables direct in front of you but not the ocean.
I met the owner of seawind the last monrning before leaving, quite decent old philippine man. They have nice stuffs , they all kind and polite, very glad to give help whenever you need. And another perfect thing they dont ask for tips or even looks like they are waiting for tips. But I saw too much somewhere else they are doing this even airport.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank yee_shen
Reviewed December 31, 2008

The Sea Wind resort in Boracay is one of the best resorts I have ever stayed in. Every single staff member you meet is courteous, professional and always helpful. They go above and beyond to accomodate the guests' requests. The resort is a beachfront property and it's beautifully decorated in Filipiniana theme. Not only is the property aesthetically pleasing on the outside but it is also bursting with character on the inside. The food is superb, they provide a buffet breakfast which varies daily and a nightly dinner buffet on the beach which is always delicious!
If you are planning a romantic getaway or a surprise for the one you love, do ask help from the front desk, they will be more than happy to help. They certainly did not disappoint us! We were there to celebrate an anniversary and the set up they provided for our dinner was beyond my imagination. our stay was always one to be remembered and we look forward to coming back to stay at Sea Wind Boracay Island Resort!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sunshine_n_SD
Reviewed December 23, 2008

I went with my extended family (who are Filipino Natives), and had a blast. 24 people all together including 5 children aged 1 to 12. The rooms were "basic", but for me it was a place to lay my head at night with so much to do during the day. I would recomend it more as a couples getaway as apposed to a family place. More relaxing than exciting.
Best part was the $5 massage on the beach. Worth the entire trip there.
Food and drinks were cheap enough, and I thought the food was great. The services offered on the beach were good. Not too pushy or insistant.
The beach is nice too, but shallow for a loooong ways out. 20 yards or so and still in standing depth (no need to tread water).

almost forgot, tthey have hammocks, where I spent most afternoons.

• Stayed: February 2005, traveled with family
1  Thank InkedLoner
Reviewed June 27, 2008

After my endless research online of resorts we can stay in on our first Boracay trip, I ended up with my first choice. Seawind.
I’ve heard of the place through my friend from San Jose who went the prev. year and when I saw their pictures, I immediately fell in love with it.
I still did more research though as I wanted to make sure the place we’re going to stay in will be the one that I really want.
My main priorities in picking a resort were first, I want to see the beach right away the moment I step out of my room.
I wanted a nice open space.. a real quiet Island feel.
I was glad I ended up staying at SEAWIND cuz I sure got everything I wanted.
I thought the spot couldn’t be any more perfect.
The room is nice and pretty spacious. We stayed at ‘Bohol Suite’
Its got nice comfortable bedding. Their duvets are 4* hotel quality and not just some cheap comforter you’ll often find in hotels. Aside from the King size bed, there’s another twin size bed on the side as well.
I love the traditional Filipino/Spanish décor.
Its got almost everything u need… They do not have a blow dryer though…but u can always request it.
But it’s not like you’ll really need it…I didn’t. Just bring your anti-humid serum for your hair and that should do…
Their bathroom is really clean and very nice.
It's very contemporary but I liked how they incorporated the coconut made ‘Tabo’ and soap dish to it. They even put flowers everywhere…It’s pretty neat.
They do have a fridge packed with sodas, water, beers..
OF course that ain’t for free. You’d have to pay it when u check out.
You can always buy your own supplies at the lil sari-sari store just behind seawind. It’s cheaper.
The ‘mini bar’ they have…ahhmmm…it could use some upgrade.
But at the same time.. I have no complaints. it’s all good. Most hotels, even the nice ones in Vegas pretty much have the same kind of lil corner for coffee and Tea.
At least they provide you with more than 2!

Service was pretty good.
From the moment we stepped in the resort, they all greeted us and gave us our welcome drinks. (their welcome drink sure ain't good though..)
The whole time we were there, everyone, even their personnel sweeping the grounds, greets with a smile.
Just like any other hotel, they clean your room everyday and they clean it well. They even organized my earrings scattered all over the dresser.
They replace all your towels and speaking of towels..the rug towels they use are the exact same ones as the one they use in Ceasars Palace Hotel (Vegas)
I know…I notice even lil details like thatl
Anyway..I am very happy with the service. I was a bit worried at first cuz I read a couple of negative reviews about their customer service….I was glad we were treated very well.
But then I could also imagine a not so good of a service during peak seasons such as summer.
They do have their own security up front so you do not need to worry leaving your bag on the beach chairs if you want to go for a swim.
Even if those guys offering all sorts of activities are there hangin out, it’s safe. They won’t touch your stuff. They are affiliated with Seawind and the only ones allowed to hang out at their resort.
Other vendors and what not, they kick them out. Of course not unless one of their guests is interested in buying stuff their offering.
BUT of course, it is always good to still be careful and still keep an eye on everything and everyone..just to be on the safe side.
The free breakfast buffet was okay…breakfast is breakfast. Can’t go wrong with the meal.
That breakfast lasts us for a day.
We didn’t even eat lunch when we were there. WE just had Turon we bought from this lady that passed by our resort in afternoon.
That thing was good…
Turon and Beers.. that was pretty much our lunch. lol

Anyway, overall, we had an excellent stay at Seawind. One thing though, if you want to book with them, I suggest picking a spot right in front. I could imagine staying in the back part and getting bothered with all the tricycle noise cuz there is a road back there….

If you're not feeling seawind, there's couple others I saw that are nice along boatstation 1. Fridays Resort if you really want to splurge. This one is just even more further down to the end though. There's Waling Waling and Discovery Shores.

I'll probably post some pix later.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple