WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Sea Wind Boracay Island

Sea Wind Boracay Island
Ranked #31 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
manila
“Excellent Service! Perfect Boracay Beach front location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

Staying in Seawind made our vacation extra special. I would like to commend everyone starting to Elma (booking uncharged), to Judith, to Anthony, all the front desk staff, your guard along the beach and all the staff of seawind. It was an excellent and very accommodating service! Our aircon at room 18 was not functioning well, they transferred us to room 32 that quick the moment I reported the problem at the front desk. I requested for a late check out at 1pm and again front desk beautiful lady give in to my request. All staff would greet us good morning / afternoon / evening! The resort is clean. The buffet breakfast specially their beef tapa is to die for! The beach front location is perfect. Seawind is awesome! I will surely recommend your resort to friends, family and office mates. On our next visit, SEAWIND will still be my choice. you made my birthday vacation memorable.
 THANK YOU SEAWIND! till our next vacay!

• Stayed November 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Golden, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

I've known of the resorts' existence for a while but have never stayed there. We wanted to go to Boracay and during that weekend, Sea Wind was one of the slightly reasonably priced resorts (at that time) on Agoda.com. We arranged for airport pick-up which was pretty straightforward and they were waiting for us in Kalibo. After arriving at the resort, we did the check-in formalities but we had to wait for our room for a little bit. The room was on the third floor and clean, with air conditioning full blast to my fiance's delight. The resort is built well away from the shore which is really good because you have the wide beach front. There are bamboo beach beds exclusively for resort guests to lounge in catch some rays. We dined at the resort as well but I think F&B is not their strongest suit. There was a wedding at the resort when we were there and that was good timing because we were looking for venues also. The set-up was nice but the downside of having a white beach reception is that people are curious and take pictures and look on feeling like there's a carnival. Anyway, the best part of the resort are the staff, they were very nice from the start and will be happy to help with any request. With the help of Front Desk staff, we arranged for a surprise birthday cake for my fiancé, which they ordered and picked-up from d'Mall.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ex-globetrottingbabe
Beijing, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

Our 2-year-old boy nearly lost his life. He was playing on the playground for small children. 1 minute later he was on the ground of the pool, which was only 10 metres away. It was a lucky circumstance that I saw and rescued him.
The 8 employees of the hotel had a lot of fun at the poolbar. Nobody of them was watching the pool. A few minutes before some of them played with our boy, but let him alone after a while.

In the following days we went to Fridays and enjoyed the time there. The stuff payed much more attention for all guests.

Lessons learned: However, YOU have to take care for your kids !!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Beijingnese
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

I highly recommend Sea Wind resort to anyone is after an authentic natural tropical experience. The perfect tropical island experience. I was fed up with staying at a few other resorts that were over populated, build up with concrete and marketing everywhere ( 95 % of all other resorts/establishments ) It was the only place that embraced local tradition with natural soundings with, postcard perfect. It had the widest stretch of beach kissing the beautiful turquoise water. I did no go to a tropical island to stay in a concrete prison, I was lucky to find Sea Wind. No other place compared !
Regards
Wendy

Room Tip: Ocean front
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank KristianHernandez
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

I stayed at Sea Wind during the marriage ceremony to my wife as did as most of my family and entourage. Now my wife and I are planning on going back for this upcoming New Year's festivities.

I must say the staff is amazing, extremely helpful and full of the hospitality that the Philippines is known for. All of the staff seems to have this ability to immediately remember your names and it was nice being greeted with a "Sir Will" every time I walked past one of the staff.

The rooms are spacious and clean, with a nice tropical feel. Bathrooms are also clean with good water pressure. And the pool is right next to a cabana bar which has the BEST watermelon shakes.

It's a little bit of a trek to get to the clubs and bars but for a great tropical island experience, then Sea Wind is the place to be. It is far enough away from the crowds where you can still enjoy the island as it was meant to be. I can't wait to go back for New Year's.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Will Y
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

I love this resort. Its in the best location on the island. By far the nicest part of the white beach. The people are super nice and the rooms super comfy. Loved the food! A real family vibe. Amazing property and exactly what Boracay is all about!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Miro G
Manila, Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

I've lived in the Philippines almost all my life and my favorite vacation spot is Boracay. My family and I try to make it there 3-4 times a year, and every time we do go, we stay at Sea Wind. The rooms are clean, comfortable and well designed. The staff make sure you have everything you need and are always smiling. There are days where we don't even need to leave the resort. It feels like a home away from home. We wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. PLUS their amazing beach front- definitely the best spot for swimming and catching the sunset.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family