“Pearl of the Pacific”

Pearl of the Pacific Boracay Resort & Spa
Ranked #139 of 148 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This year in Jan my Dad and Stepmom took me and my brother to Boracay. It was our first time but their third. We booked to stay at the Pearl of the Pacific. My Dad and Stepmom made a booking 2 months before we left Adelaide & rang them before we arrived to confirm our booking for our beach front room. They told us on arrival our room wasn't available, that in fact one of their staff members moved their friends into our room a day earlier. they offered us a down grade to a less interesting room but we weren't impressed, we booked a beach front room and thats what we wanted. we sat alongside another four couples who were being messed around as well and waited for 4hours in the lobby after traveling by plane, boat and car to get there. After being messed around we were finally given the option to move hotels at their expense so we moved however
we still ended up paying. the only room at this other hotel was more expensive then our original room and we thought Pearl of the Pacific paid the difference, they didn't. This hotel didn't care about their guests or they would of done more to help.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Stacey C

Reviewed June 12, 2013

i've been to Pearl of the Pacific Boracay during Peak Season last April, the location of the Hotel is very nice, they have the best beach front in Boracay, even though that our room is located at Hillside Residences, they have this Golf Car to fetch us when we want to go the room/beach., our room was big with veranda for 3 persons, everyday they change our towels and clean our room.for their food, they have everyday buffet breakfast, with different varieties like Filipino Food, American and Italian..

Room Tip: Pearl Residences are the best rooms @Pearl of the Pacific
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank dhen1925
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We ( 4 person) stayed in this hotel Pearl of the Pacific, via travel agency. The building was falling apart.
Pay premium for beach front. I wish I did not stay in this hotel.It was dirty. The bathroom was full of ants.All I can say. Do Not Stay in this Hotel.
The food was horrible. The staff are not friendly.Rude! OMG the reception was disgusting dirty.

Room Tip: Do not stay!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank princemark
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Me and my friend stayed her for a weekend and we got a book and buy deal from travel tour expo last February.
Here's my pros and cons

PROS:
- Staff is quite accommodating especially the guards and the activity coordinator which is "Kuya Jun" he gave us a good deal with the activity.
-Good Flatscreen TV and aircon.
-BEST Beachfront because their beach front is very wide.
-Nice relaxing massage at Neo Spa (part of the package)
-30 mins before the check-in time, they allowed to go to our room. thank you for that.
-enough supply of beach towels
-very relaxing beach bed.
--They have a great beach front since their property is wide. Also, the beach front is not that crowded compare to others.

CONS:
-I told their reservation/sales staff from Manila to book us in the deluxe poolside so that we're just near at the beach, but when I received the confirmation letter the room stated there was a Hillside. So I needed to clarify things out with them.
-Upon arrival, the reservation staff told me that we might be billeted at the apartment room type wherein we need to ride a golf cart just to reach it, but i really insisted to put us in the deluxe poolside since it was the agreement before. Good thing they provided the deluxe poolside.
-Their pool is just a pool. nothing special. Hopefully, they would be able to place a pool near the beach.
- Few choices from the breakfast buffet and flies are everywhere.
-there's a crack in the toilet seat and no bidet.

To summarize, there's no problem with the operational service, they just need to be consistent with what they tell to the guests. Thank you for giving us the poolside room.
Don't expect much from the rooms and food but their beach front is really great! and also the Neo day spa.

Room Tip: Book the beachfront room to appreciate pearl of the pacific.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ac m
Reviewed May 7, 2013

very poor customer service. Supervisor is unfriendly and needs training in handling customer complaints. Boracay and Manila Office should coordinate more properly. Relationship between Manila and Boracay offices is transparent to the customers. That is internal to the hotel. A simple apology would have made a big difference.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cake m
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The rooms are terrible and outdated. Bed sheets and pillow cases even have holes in them. Buffet breakfast line up is recycled every 2 days. I wld know cause I stayed here for 9 days. Staff at reception area so unfriendly. Told me I'll be charged corkage fee even for left over food that I bring back to my room. I don't think she understands the basic concept of corkage. That's a special shout out to you Jennifer tablanza, I think you need to undergo training. The only redeeming factor is the beach front.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Laladl
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This hotel is perfectly situated on the beach amongst some of the best restaurants and resorts of Station 3. I loved the calmness of the area, the emptiness (it was low season) and the beach cabanas. The guards at the beach are really nice and they were able to hold our spot for us all day. They also watched our bags, took pictures for our group and made sure the waiters provided us with cold water all day.

We booked the hilltop room though and please take this literally. HILLTOP = walking up a lot of stairs in the dark up a hill to an old room with an old TV, lots of mosquitoes, a broken aircon (in our first room), but a great view! It was so far, you didn't want to go to your room from the beach unless you absolutely had to.

Another disappointing thing is that you are promised a free breakfast buffet. One of the days (Saturday), we didn't get a buffet because there wasn't enough occupancy in the hotel. Kind of ghetto. For the price too, this place is severely overrated.

5 for location. 2 for rooms. 4 for service. 1 for food. This place gets a 3.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends