“Wake up to the sun, sand and sea”
Review of Nami Resort

Nami Resort
Ranked #37 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed December 1, 2009

Our first impression of Nami resort began when they sent a really pimped up open-air van to pick us up. Barry from Nami picked us up, and greeted us with the warmest of smiles the moment we met. 5 minutes into the journey, my partner and him were dancing to the blasting music like they were long lost pals! and that's how personable their service is.

Getting off the van, we walked along the beautifully serene Diniwid beach and saw Nami up on the cliff. Like all the other reviews, the elevator at Nami is truly an experience on its own. Each time you get into it, their staff will give you a grin and ask "Ready??", and that's when the elevator starts rumbling its way up to the reception area :) living in the city, i missed the sound of this old fashioned elevator as soon as i got back.

after a very quick check in, we were shown to our room by our personal butler Joseph. we stayed at the Ocean View suite and the room had the most amazing view. we literally woke up facing the sun, sand and sea. we definitely made use of the balcony and could spend a long time there just staring out into the sea.

while the room was not the cleanest, i guess in a resort surrounded by natural greenary - you had to expect some insects and lizards would trespass every once in awhile. nonetheless, they did their best in keeping the rooms clean and turndown service was prompt every day in the 5 days we stayed there :)

Joseph our personal butler was super efficient, and was happy to help in any way. he would serve you your breakfast, arrange a shuttle bus whenever you need, prepare a bag of towels and ice water when you leave for the beach, and was more than happy to get the kitchen to prepare a cake for my partner's birthday. on our last night, he also surprised us by putting on the jacuzzi - and he prepared this himself!

having passed several hotels along station 1, we were even more convinced that we would not have stayed any where else in Boracay. station 1 had everything you need from watersports, drinking holes and restaurants - but every few steps you took, someone would after you asking if you wanted a massage/island hop/henna..

if you're looking for a quiet getaway not far away from station 1, then Nami would have to be the one. in any case, a free shuttle is available for you any time and civilisation is just less than 10 minutes away :)

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Nami Resort

Reviewed November 12, 2009

We stayed at Nami for two nights in one of the suites.
This was a wonderful, big and nicely decorated room with a superb view.
The service was great (everyday fresh beachtowels were handed out in a cute Nami bag with bottles of cold water). I highly recommend the massages in their nice salon overlooking the sea.

There are a lot of stairs to be climbed so don't go there if that's a problem for your.
Dó go there if you like James Bond. Their elevator must be a 007 prop, cool!!!

For us the small Diniwid beach was perfect. White beach is really crowded.

The only down side was the fact that upon arrival it was unclear how many nights we could stay. And the answer to that question changed 4 times in 5 minutes.
Eventually we had to change accomodation for the last 2 days, but Nami arranged it for us and still offered us the shuttle to the airport eventhough we didn't stay at their hotel anymore.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2009

Nami Resort has had wonderful reviews of late as compared to earlier years. I ve been trying to see why negative reviews were written for this resort but I simply cant .

Nami Resort was a joy to be at right from the first minute we arrived. Truth be told, Nami Resort isn't very accessible as it is located at a very private beach in Diniwid instead of the more crowded areas in white beach. However, with the availability of the hotel shuttle taking you to anywhere you want , its no problem at all moving around in Boracay.

Our nami, Joseph, greeted us with a straw hat and a necklace and immediately you could sense the genuineness of the welcome. He was fantastic throughout the whole trip - preparing our towels and iced mineral water whenever we go down to the beach, welcoming us with cold drinks when we came back after a long day out and most importantly , he helped prepare a surprise romantic dinner for my girlfirend who is now my fiancee(after the trip)! Yes, she said yes when i proposed during the dinner.

All in all , my stay in Nami resort has been fantastic and we will definitely come back again. And just a point to note, the pictures in the Nami Album dont do justice to the place.

The camera can't capture what the eyes can see.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Nami Beach Resort, A 5-10 minute (P80 - 100) tricycle ride away from White Beach.

I was traveling around the Philippines with a few friends in Late September of 2009, Prior to the trip i had researched and secured a booking for this resort "Nami". With a combination of their [visually] fantastic website and the 5 star reviews I was locked in and my expectations were completely met.

A cool refreshing mocktail on arrival, a minute quick confirmation of booking and inc. travel for departure of the island, my friends and I were escorted to the One Bedroom Suite.
My Nami's name was Jospeh and he was the best guy you could ask for.

I might also point out that the day spa in this resort is absolutely the best on offer for Boracay. The serenity of the ocean outside the room blended perfectly with the senses, smells and skills of the hands above you.
As with the breakfast and Nami affiliated amenities.

Nami was worth every penny in my books.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2009

Traveling with a small baby abroad is no small task. In fact by the time we got to our destination, my husband and I were completely exhausted and questioning our decision to vacation with our daughter. But the second we caught a glimpse of Nami Resort we were smiling from ear to ear. This gorgeous resort consisting of 12 suites is built on a lush, rugged cliff with spectacular panoramic views of the crystal clear blue ocean, a pristine white sand beach/cove, bankas (local boats) and hilly neighboring island making it a truly authentic, rustic, luxurious and intimate place. But that's just the beginning of our amazing stay. Each suite comes with your own personal butler (Nami), that's right, a personal butler. This is the part of the experience that blew us away. Our nami was so attentive, courteous, super sweet and went above and beyond the call of duty that we've been spoiled for life. We didn't leave Nami for the first three days because we so desperately wanted to decompress. You really don't need to leave - the suite is charming and cozy, the food delicious, the cocktails crafted to perfection and the daily massages we got at the spa a real treat.

August is low season (rainy) but we were blessed with perfect weather - sunshine and blue skies during the day and an occasional thunderstorm at night. The great benefit of going during low season is the lack of crowds. But I suspect that even if you go during high season, Nami will be the perfect quiet getaway.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank hungryforadventure
Reviewed August 18, 2009

My family arrived at Nami last Aug.11,2009 we stayed there for 3 days and 2 nights.My family had this great time after all this tiring flights it was all erased after we see this lovely hotel . Staff whom pick-up our luggage are so nice with this welcome necklace as well as the welcome drink just fill out our throat from thirst deliciously made.
before I choose Nami I did several research thanks to this trip advisor.Until , I and my hubby choose Nami. And it was a perfect choice.I never thought that it will be good as perfect as what i saw in picture.We were glad seeing our room beautifully arranged ,clean toilets ,the aircon works well,the modern wall t.v. ceilling fan looks so expenssive ,Jacuzzi of course,the last but the very important view as i've seen at Nami's homepage the amazing Veranda with corner table and chair,full cushion coach over looking the Diniwid Beach from above exclussively from our own room. Worth for every penny.I wish i had this enough time to extend our stay but sad to say, we can't since our flight going back to Japan is on Aug.14.early at 6 am.Wheww!
We enjoyed the stay....the rides...tour at Mt.Luho..Crystal Cove a little creepy place! Dinner at Friday's .Food is so Goooood!!!! ambiance humm! Very Nice! the next day, set a setcamp under this cute cove at Friday's white beach.Our butler Joseph from Nami's provide us towel and Nami's Exclussive dringking water ,..that was nice!That kind of service from Nami is deffinitely unbeatable absolutely a plus.We had this lunch at Nami our choice,my choice food is so Goooood!!! I loved this Calamares Mango Salad particularly,Salpicao one of a kind.truly yummy! We will certainly comeback and stay at Nami the privacy the service,the food the amazing view, the spa ...heaven this place is really a heaven.People here are so nice well trained.well managed!We and our Family had no Regret's at all! We stay and enjoy every minute at Boracay's two Premier Resort Friday's and the king of all Resort Nami everything is good..now i believe and experienced that. thank you!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Justy_scTMH
Reviewed April 29, 2009

I stayed here last august and I have to echo pretty much what everybody else had to say here. This place was really terrific, very comfortable and unpretentious.
We were pretty sure that we don't want to be crowded around the main area and so we chose Nami.
Though some may say it's a little out of the way on diniwid beach, it's actually much more convenient than we expected because of the private shuttle service that never failed to pick us up and were always on time. I don't think the location is an issue at all.
Will post pictures here soon to share the wonderful experience!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank auroracorals
NamiResort, Reservation Manager at Nami Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2009

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your kind words! We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Nami and it was our pleasure to serve you.

We hope you'll come back again soon!

Warmest Regards,