“In the Heart of all the Action!”

Henann Regency Resort & Spa
Ranked #20 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed December 19, 2010

Prime location, convenient amenities, upscale spa, and the all-too important swim up bar….these were the criteria my husband and I were looking for in a hotel on the Philippine island of Boracay, and found it all at the Boracay Regency Beach Resort.

The hotel was conveniently located at Station 2, where the majority of the popular restaurants, clubs, beach massages, and shopping were. Anywhere we wanted to go to was a short, convenient walk (ie, it passed my high-heels test…I could walk anywhere in heels without my feet getting sore!) The hotel’s amenities were great too. Our M.O. at Boracay was to PARTY, so we wanted a modern hotel with air conditioning and plumbing, so we could recover in comfort LOL (AC and decent toilets are a standard offering at most hotels we’ve been to around the world, but from what we’ve been hearing, not a “given” in the Philippines!)

I personally looked for a hotel with a nice spa as well – not for a massage (which we could get for only $5 US right on the beach), but to rejuvenate after days of being in the sun. The Thai-inspired Kai Spa was beautifully decorated, and the staff was very accommodating. On a wet, rainy morning, my sister-in-law and I enjoyed pampering ourselves at the spa’s whirlpool and sauna, and experienced the most intensive yet relaxing facial (try the Diamond Facial – 90 minutes for only $55 US.)

My husband and I were thrilled when we found out the hotel also had a swim up bar – the only one we found in the area! The bartenders were friendly, changing the background music and making our drinks stiffer when we asked ☺ Also, they served a full menu at the swim up bar as well (we couldn’t get enough of their french fries, fried in coconut oil!) Another perk that we discovered later was the breakfast buffet every morning was included in the resort fee. Every morning after the gym, our group of four enjoyed dining at the restaurant with a beautiful view of the beach (get a seat at the outdoor patio if you can!). They offered something for everyone - Filipino favorites (we all loved their eggs and garlic fried rice) as well as traditional American fare.

With all the advantages of the hotel, there were only a few downers. The staff was friendly, except for those at the Front Desk. They seemed a bit rude and uppity, especially when we tried to get a room with a balcony (that we paid for.) I suggest that before committing to a room, you walk to the room and take a look at it first. We were first placed in a room on the ground floor with no balcony, and had to wait until the next day to move. When we were moved, we did get a balcony, but we also got a view of this dirty, algae-infested pond. Also, before you check out, make sure you don’t take any little thing. The front desk made us wait until we could be officially checked out because they wanted to see if we “stole” anything. They charged us 50 pesos for a facecloth that I wrapped my hot flat iron in!

All-in-all, the Boracay Regency Beach Resort is the only hotel in the area that had it ALL. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lala and Jules C

Reviewed December 12, 2010

Do stay in a Premier Room (direct swim access to pool) East Wing.
Use Hotel for some meals but also try the local fare. A must is a visit to the Fish Market to buy your fresh seafood and then have it cooked at a cafe close bye.
Use the Hotel Lounges on the Beach.
Make use of the many water activities.

2  Thank Gordon C
Reviewed December 8, 2010

I travelled with a group of friends and we have now stayed at the Regency on 3 different occasions. The Regency worked very well for us....we wanted a central location, a good infrastructure, a nice spa (massages were fantastic) and modern rooms. We generally did not spend much time in the hotel itself since after all, we were on Boracay, the world's greatest island. I would stay somewhere else on the island if on a more quiet, romantic holiday, but for a group or a solo traveler, this is perfect. Right near all the action and with the same white beach at your doorstep. Service was perfectly fine as well.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank BomBom033
Reviewed December 6, 2010

Boracay Regency's employee dishonest! Their employees are not trustworthy. Lack of security they don't even have CCTV camera given that they are one of the best hotel in Boracay.

Dec. 5 at Boracay Regency I left my cigarette case at the Main Pool side near Beach Towel Station and, with money inside the case and went outside to buy something, after 15mins, I came back to ask the attendant, Who cleaned our side table? he answered, I only found the ashtray. Meaning he took it. Why? I did not ask what he cleaned, I only ask WHO Cleaned the area?

• Stayed: December 2010
4  Thank JiffCab
Reviewed November 3, 2010

We chose a delouxe room package. That included all meals, transportation bus and boat. We were able to buy this direct from the manila office. We chose to do a money transfer straight to their account because it was complicated to use a credit card online. And only the main office can give you the whole package deal.

We stayed at the Regency for 5 days and 4 nights. The room was clean and comfy with a king size bed that we asked for. We were close to the beach where at night there would be a band playing, but we didn't mind it at all. The band ended by mid night and several times we went out there to enjoy the music even if we had our toddler with us. The meal buffets were excellent with plenty of food choices. Were glad we took the meal package because foods can get costly in a tourist area. Overall our experience was great and would visit Regency again. But next time we will choose to go to Boracay in the off-season. The flights to boracay cost almost as much as the hotel.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Toriworld
Reviewed October 28, 2010

My wife's family (parents, brother and sister) and us stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. This hotel advertises that they are the premiere hotel in Boracay - dont believe them.

Location: The Hotel is located in "Station 2" right in the middle of Boracay White Beach.
The target market of Station 2 are middle class travelers and is usually is the most
alive and active part of Boracay.

Hotel: The hotel is the biggest hotel in boracay in terms of number of rooms. It has 2
sister hotels right at the back of Boracay Regency. Hallways leading to the rooms are in
low ceiling and its like a maze. It has 3 wings - The main wing (the oldest one), the north wing and the garden wing which is the newest wing of the hotel.

Room: We stayed in the North Wing since the rooms here are newer than in the north wing and is near the beach. The rooms in the garden wing are smaller. Our room - the de luxe room has 1 double and 1 single bed. This room can accomodate up to 3 persons. Noise from bars can be heard in rooms located near the beach. If you are a light sleeper - don't get rooms near the beach.

Restaurants: The hotel has numerous restaurants - but why will you eat in the hotel's restaurants wherein there are plenty of restaurants in boracay.

The BAD: First, the service of this hotel is terrible. If you request something from the housekeeping - you need to follow it up before your request can be delivered. Our toilet was not working properly and I requested many many times - the problem still keeps on coming back until we checked - out. My wife passed by one of their automatic doors in the lobby and while passing by - the door suddenly shut. Due to this, her feet was wounded and her arms bruised. Luckily, my daughter passed by the door ahead of her.
My sister in law's room were wet one night due to heavy rain. The drain pipes which are hidden in the ceiling burst. We requested for the same type of room for them to tranfer -which they could not do. What they were offering was for them to transfer to a smaller room. Staff in this hotel needs more training since they don't know how to please their customers.

Conclusion: If you want to stay in one of the worst hotel you stayed in your whole life - choose this hotel.

1  Thank PhilippineTraveler
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Rented couple of family rooms and although the hotel itself is not new in Station 2, rooms are sanitized and clean. We got continuous supply of clean towels and bottled water - excellent. Free buffet breakfast is absolutely good with long range of food to choose from. Welcome drinks are provided on our arrival.
We would suggest for visitors who will choose to be in Boracay Regency Accomodation to include the transfers from the airport to the hotel. No hassles. This includes use of their vans and ferry for the point to point transfer. Overall - impressive. by Artie

1  Thank Holidaymakers23