“The Best Hotel In Boracay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Henann Regency Resort & Spa

Henann Regency Resort & Spa
Ranked #20 of 150 Hotels in Boracay
Singapore
“The Best Hotel In Boracay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2006

I have been going to Boracay almost every year since the early 90's and i must say that Boracay Regency is the best in Boracay. The place looks fantastic from the outside to the interior. The rooms are very clean and well kept with a very efficient housekeeping staff.

The food here is great with a wide variety to choose from (korean, chinese, continental, etc.) and their breakfast buffet in particular is very good.

The hotel also has 2 beautiful pools which are great alternatives if you dont want to go swimming at the beach (which is right in front of the hotel) for whatever reason. By the way, their beach is the widest in the island and its very well kept. Its very peaceful and you can just sit there all day!

On the complaints regarding the hotel staff and the noise: during my stay i can honestly say that the hotel staff were nothing but friendly and accomodating. I also think that there was hardly any noise around the hotel as this is not where the bars and such are concentrated upon. Either way, boracay is known to be sort of a party place so dont come expecting a desert island.

I would HIGHLY recommend this place. it is a bit more expensive than the other hotels, but its worth the price. Very good overall.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled with friends
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank manalac_mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2006

First off, I would like to stay that overall, I had a wonderful stay at Boracay Regency. Walking around in the island, I felt validated that I chose this hotel. The outside exterior is wonderful - two clean and clear pools, a great bar, a nice sitting lounge, and a beautiful, dramatic staircase entrance. It is important to note though that there are two wings - a newer one (which I recommend) and the older one (which I stayed at and it is alright). And since it located in Boat Station 2, it is in the middle of things which was good since we were able to go everywhere pretty conveniently but was also somewhat inconvenient since the walkway infront of the building could sometimes be busy and full of everyday people. It had the widdest beach front in the island, making sun bathing easy. The only complain i had was the security guard who was supposed to stop vendors from approaching hotel guest in their lounges didn't do his job as well as he could have.

The transfers from the airport was okay except for the fact we came in from Aklan (2 hour drive) and not from Calibo (<1 hour transfer). Suggestion in general if you are going to Boracay, pick Calibo and NOT Alkan. Other pluses in the transfers were: Boracay Regency had its own private boat, the waiting areas were beautiful, and the staff made sure we were taken cared of.

The rooms were clean and neat. But I do agree with the other posters that it was somewhat annoying to see the sign "please do not stain the bedsheets / towels with henna...blah blah.. you will be charged accordingly if you do". The signs doesn't scream "welcome" to me.

My package included buffet meals which were great! Alot to choose from and pretty good.

Front staff was accomodating and was able to recommend to us a great deal on the sighseeing tours. I got my island hoping tour for VERY CHEAP and it was the best experiences I had in my life. Great value!

If you are into the nightlife, don't stay here. Its pretty much all in Boat Station 1. During the night, its pretty quite in the immediate hotel area.

Overall, I would recommend this place and would stay here again. When I tell others that I stayed at the Regency, everyone's eye lit up and had generally good things to say. Reading from previous comments re: the staff, I could assure you that it has greatly improved. To get the most out of your money, make sure to get the packed tours which includes airticket, transfer, accomodation, welcome drink, and buffet. It was a great value.

• Stayed June 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2006

The island of Boracay is beautiful - it's one of the most beautiful beaches in Asia - and the water is so crystal clear and warm. However...

Rating/Service:
I don't quite know how The Boracay Regency has received a 5 star/ AAA rating...The service was spotty - it really depended on the waitstaff that attended you. Most of the time the attitude of the staff (esp. the "management" ladies at the Breakfast buffet) was rather arrogant. You often had to ask several times for something so simple as coffee or a high chair. Also, after our 3 year old daughter broke a small glass, we were given a bill to pay for the glass which we refused to pay (since we were spending 10 days in the hotel). The housekeeping was generally efficient and flexible but in the 10 days we were there, they never mopped our floor - they just "pushed" the dust around....With a one year-old baby, we didn't feel quite comfortable having her crawl around.

Food:
For a hotel that positions itself as family-friendly, I was disappointed that there wasn't a child's menu. It was impossible to order small portions for our 3 year-old. Also, in one of the restaurants, they only had 2 high chairs - which often were not available esp. during busy breakfast times. The breakfast buffet was very mediocre - most of the food was not warm and didn't change often enough (esp. when you spend a week there). Also, the first couple of days they told us that we were NOT allowed to order food on the beach, only drinks. Suddenly, we saw some people eating on the beach....well, apparently, you WERE allowed to eat pizza or sandwiches on the beach. Anyway, sometimes we got lucky and (after extensive effort) we got a waiter to come bring us a menu and take our order for lunch. Also, following our meal - they NEVER came to pick up the glasses/cups/plates, etc. unless you begged to come clear your table. Really disgusting when it's 35 degree weather...The only really good restaurant was the Korean restaurant - esp. at nighttime when you could sit on the beach and enjoy a Korean barbecue...

Location:
The hotel is very centrally located near D-mall close to many restaurants, etc. - but that means that every "walk of life" walks through the hotel area. There's very little privacy and several times during our stay, while we were on the beach there was suddenly a posse of "locals" hanging around talking to the security guards, masseuses, etc. At nighttime it was very loud due to the music playing in the bars/restaurants nearby.

I found the value for money very mediocre. Besides the beautiful beach, water, and fantastic masseuses, the Korean restaurant (Regency Food Plaza) was the only highlight.

• Stayed April 2006
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2006

An American point of view. (On Honeymoon)

I followed a friends advice to spend our honeymoon at Boracay. We started the Boracay 3 night trip at another hotel but found it to be too loud next to an all night band shell by the beach. The Regency was regarded to be the best on the island so we inquired for a room. Being a holiday time the vacancy rate was next to nil. They found a suite for us but we had to change rooms each night. We also were asked to pay 100% before check in. Upon checking in, the suite was no longer available. I spent hours working with the management to figure out a solution. They provided a standard room the first night then an overpriced suite the next with a 15% discount due to the check in issue. Getting the discount was like a trip to the dentist.

I also thought that there was extra value having an internet connection which was WIFI in the standard room and broadband in the suite. I wasted another 1.5 hours trying to get connected to the wifi; ended up they gave me the wrong password. I had to inform the front desk of the real password. The hole internet experience became more of a hassle than anything else. I should of left the laptop home.

The management is lacking professionalism, the staff is friendly but victim to the young enterprise procedures.

Food is great, Location is best, Quite at night, Safe, Clean, Comfortable, Nice pool, No decent bar scene but that is right next door. Did not care for the breakfast buffet that was included. Preferred the $2.50 breakfast plates from the small local greasy spoons on the main drag.

Overall, I think we found a string of bad luck at this hotel which was unfortunate being our Honeymoon, which the hotel seemed not to care about or maybe believe, however I would try again after checking out the Mandala.

This 4 star hotel thinks they are a six...

• Stayed April 2006