Henann Regency Resort & Spa
Coast(Boracay)
1,900 results
All reviewseast wingsea breeze cafedancing chefswave barbeach frontfamily roomvip loungepool accessbuffet breakfastmain poolwhite beachsuperior roomnew wingspeed boatfew stepscaticlan airporthotel guests
Reviewed August 19, 2009

I stayed at Boracay Regency Aug 8th -16th 2009 and for me the Hotel was absolutely perfect. The rooms were large, the staff were awesome...always friendly and helpful. Not one time did I pass a staff memeber and not received a 'hello and a smile'.
Location is perfect for what i was after, there werent too many people around so was good to be in the middle of everything. Their beachfront is huge and even if all the chairs were taken they would just grab another one and bring it down to the beach. No hassles at all with anything. Swimming pools were great, their beachfront is awesome and ordering drinks/food from the beach was great. The breakfast buffet pretty standard but I didn't find this a big deal at all......

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank CrgAust
Reviewed August 15, 2009

The Regency is a nice hotel but what really makes it stand out is the staff. They are friendly and accomodating. I don't think there was anything that I asked for that was not delivered with a smile. We were on a package and stayed 4 days and three nights and is cost us approximately $700.00 for our party of three, sharing a room.This includes round trip plane fare, Manila to Catiglan, Catiglan to Manila, all transfers and all meals, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Buffet!. In addition to being freindly, professional, and accomodating, the female staff are stunningly beautiful! I have never seen so many shapely legs in one place, I was so impressed that I asked on of them if they had to wear swim suits when they interviewed for their job!

Our rooms were clean and spacious. The bathrooms was also nice an clean.

There is nominal charge for internet connection in our room which we tried, but found this to be slow, when we mentioned this to the front desk they promplty refunded the charge and invited us to use their business center. There is also a small charge for using the business center, which is a bit of dissapointment, but there is staff and several computers so there is no waiting to get on line.

Food was plentiful, but to me it was a bit dissapointing, maybe it is because I worked for several 5 star restaurants and knowing that with the same basic ingridients the Chef could have really done a better job!

The hotel is just a few steps to the beach, as a matter of fact at night, they set up stage on the beach and a group plays nightly. There are 3 pools on the property the main one has a swim to wet bar.

The hotel is close to everything, the mall, and the talipapa. The center of attraction is the band playing on the Regency beach.

We had a wonderful time, and we would defintely choose Regency again.

P.S. We had the chance to visit some friends that stayed at the utra plush Shangrila, and while there is no question that it is beautiful, the staff were less friendly and were more focused in enforcing rules rather that welcoming and pleasing guests. Besides at $400.00 a night with only breakfast for two included, It is a rip off. They hotel is in a secluded spot and you have to ride a shuttle to go else where in the island. They also don't have any live entertainment, so it is boring.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank T0chi
Reviewed August 8, 2009

Foreword (has no bearing on the resort): My family and I (2 adults, 2 kids) stayed at Regency for 6 days last month. Our room was a deluxe room in the garden wing. I wanted to stay in the garden wing for fear of the loud partying at the resort's front area, but my Dad who stayed in the north wing said that the noise was not an issue. Another reason I wanted to stay in the garden wing was b/c of the beautiful adult & kiddie pools in the courtyard.

I also wanted to mention that I didn't enjoy Boracay as much as I thought I would. There are a lot of dirty streets/alleys w/ garbage and seemingly open sewage, which I'm convinced made all of us sick for 24 hrs. You'll certainly never see that on any brochure.

The solicitors are also a huge downside; those guys are relentless. I don't understand why they think that annoying me will cause me to use their services. FYI, if you want to arrange activities and don't want to deal w/ these people, you can call the front desk and they'll do it for you for a similar price.

In my opinion the diving was decent, but then again I was certified in Monterey, and all of my other dives have been in Hawaii.

All in all, I probably won't be returning to Boracay.

Pros:
1. My husband and I walked to the ends of both station 1 & 3., and in my opinion, Regency had the cleanest beachfront. They seem to really value having a clean beach. There are also plenty of lounge chairs available. In addition, Regency's central location on White Beach makes it convenient to walk anywhere (esp. D-Mall, which is worth checking out).
2. 3 adult pools to choose from (and 1 kiddie pool)--You can borrow towels at the pool.
3. well-kept grounds--Makes for great pictures.
4. The garden wing was quiet and peaceful (that's not to say the others were not as well).
5. Most employees tried hard to be pleasant. This not the case in many other places.
6. The rooms and grounds can make you feel like you're at a really posh resort. It's a good compromise between the cheap <1000 php/night resorts and a five-star place like Shangri-La.
7. You can arrange for airport pick-up. Some advise to skip this service, but I think it's worth not having to deal w/ tricycles, etc. especially if you have children. Many places offer this service though.

Cons:
1. When we arrived, our room appeared clean, but the bedding was sandy.
2. They charge 150 pesos for one hour of internet (or 500 for 24 hrs), but the worst of it is that your 1 hour automatically expires 24 hours after it's activated. Why is it necessary for there to be a time limit? It made me feel like the resort was trying to suck every dollar that it can out of me. You can argue that I should leave the laptop at home, but that's beside the point.
3. The expensive "mini store" charged 500 pesos for 8 tampons! Walk to the big grocery/drug store at D-Mall and get the same pack for 125 pesos. Again, I felt like they were trying to squeeze more $ out of me.
4. We got a package that included food. Big mistake! The Sea Breeze menu doesn't change much, and after day 2, it was sickening.
5. There were no drawers to store clothes. There's a little storage area under the TV, but it's hardly adequate.
6. Vendors/solicitors are not actively discouraged to stay off of the property. I told the security guard about a vendor who was lurking around well within the resort, and he didn't even say a word. He just kept talking to the lady standing next to him.
7. The side of the building that our room's entrance was on had a view of shack-like structures w/ corrugated roofs. There were also times during the day when it smelled really bad in that area. There's another side of the garden wing that seems to smell bad all the time.
8. Our bathroom already had mold growth, even though the wing is fairly new.
9. The shower glass was not sealed/caulked well. Water always seeped onto the bathroom floor.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank haya0927
Reviewed July 26, 2009

beautiful rooms, hotel located on beach, hotel stay include breakfast buffet and it was a great buffet, many choices.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank gracefullyhappy
Reviewed July 18, 2009

As soon as we arrived at Boracay Regency, we were blown away by how exquisite the hotel was... definitely 5 star standards in our eyes!

Upon arrival, we were pleasantly surprised to have our room upgraded for free, and the lovely hospitality of the friendly staff continued throughout our stay.
Our room was large, modern and clean, although at first it took us a little while to navigate around this large resort (with 3 swimming pools to choose from).
The beachfront location was perfect and also convenient to walk along the boardwalk to access the bars, restaurants and D-Mall. There was a large variety at the buffet breakfast, however we chose to eat our other meals outside the hotel for cheaper prices.

The only downside would be the street vendors that linger outside the hotel grounds, however we found them to be friendly and will leave you alone if you tell them "no thanks". Although there are other more affordable resorts in the area, Boracay Regency is definitely a luxury in the heart of a paradise... we look forward to returning again.

TIP: Prior to travel, make sure to arrange airport pick-up - this will save LOTS of hassle once arriving as the hotels aren't easy to get to!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple