“Family holiday”

Ranked #19 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Manila, Philippines
“Family holiday”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

On the whole, our family trip here to Boracay Regency was very good. A group of 9 people, we were roomed apart initially (even though with online booking rooms together were requested), then moved closer together to pool side rooms on day 2 when a premier room became vacant. Rooms were clean and comfortable and tended to when needed promptly and efficiently. The pool side rooms were great, however the rooms close to wave bar (where we had one room initially) was loud and not good for families. No problem if you are our partying all night and headed home in the early hours.

The pools were the highlight and also the pool bar. Perfect for everyone in the family. The gym was small and claustrophobic but adequate for a quick workout. Breakfast was average, although better than most hotels in station 2 that I have stayed at. After the first morning we opted to skip breakfast and head to Lemon Cafe for delicious brunch instead. Location is good, close enough to Dmall and far enough away to avoid the crowds and noise in the evening.

Room Tip: Premier room is poolside with a big bathroom. Worth spending the extra money!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Jemnz12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Geoje, Gyeongsangnam-do, South Korea
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This hotel is situated right in the middle of the beach close to D-mall and the restaurants, shopping and clubs. After reading the other reviews I e-mailed and asked for a pool view room which we got. We had a partial view of the beach as well. The room itself was great with a balcony and side table and chairs. A big roomy shower and comfy beds. The air con wasn't top of the line but it did the job. It helped drown out some of the noise from the clubs at night.
The hotel arranged for the transfer from the airport to the hotel which we paid at the end of our trip. It was nice because the hotel has their own private boat. We did wish we had more small bills for tip money as the guys carried our luggage on their heads off and onto the boat. I had to give them US dollars.

The breakfast buffet was amazing! We also had the choice of eating at another restaurant(Christina's) and ordering whatever we wanted as well. It was nicer and cooler at Christina's and both restaurants are facing the beach.
The 3 pools were great. We liked the bar pool the best and were able to order some snacks and drinks there as well. There are shaded areas which helped as that sun is hot! The pool by us usually had a lot of kids in it as it has a slide. It would be nice if the hotel had an adults only area.

Wifi is a little pricey ... there is free wifi in the lobby only. This would be my main complaint about this hotel. Lots of restaurants had free wifi if you ask.
The other complaint is drop off at the airport was way too early! Our flight left at 2:30 and we arrived at 11:15! It is a small airport too. We flew out of Kalibo which was a little farther (almost a 2 hour bus ride from the hotel) We left the hotel at 8:30 in the morning. Too early.

The hotel has its own private beach chairs and umbrellas and security guards will chase away people trying to sell things or trying to use the chairs and they aren't staying at the hotel.

I would say that this hotel was the best on the beach and I would stay there again! The staff were helpful and friendly. We enjoyed our stay and the beach was only steps from our room.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet night ... stay on the south side 2nd floor rooms overlooking the pool are nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer M
Clovis, California
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My daughters and I spent four days of bonding time at Boracay Regency (April 1-4, 2014). I was confident that this will be a great place to spend quality time with them. And the resort did not disappoint.

I booked my stay when I was halfway around the world. Within an hour, I had my completed my reservations. When we finally arrived (after a gruesome 5-hour flight delay) check-in was breeze. The room we had was immaculate with a great overlooking view of the resort.

The buffet meals were great. The dancing cooks made dinner more enjoyable.

The service provided by most of the staff members in the resort made you feel special and important. They were courteous, respectful, and fast. I could not say the same for the people who brought us to the terminal ports and the airport.

Overall, it was a great vacation. The resort is an ideal place to rest, recharge or to bond. The proximity of shopping areas made shopping a breeze.

Room Tip: The top floor provides a great vista of the resort.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
USA
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My last review of this property was from my stay last December / January. At that time I was impressed by the courteous staff and the overall feeling that I was a valued guest.

I returned the beginning of April 2014 for another visit. Somehow several staff members remembered me and again, made me feel welcome throughout the entire trip! I cannot begin to explain how wonderful it is when the staff at a large property treats you as if you are a VIP.

At the front desk, Diana was a standout. Last time I didn't catch her name but, this time I made it a point. She seemed genuinely interested in the quality of my stay whenever I needed something from the front desk and she was there. In a property that seems to do everything right, its the little things that standout!

Some of the hostesses and hosts at the morning buffet were amazing. How they recognize their guests and their preferred seating, etc. is beyond me.

I applaud upper management for empowering their supervisors who in turn, empower their staff. It is a very well run organization and it shows all the way down to the entry level positions.

This hotel is very reasonably priced if you book ahead during peak times. They have a wonderfully diverse offering of places to eat and are right in the middle of everything.

The room options are great. Even the least expensive room with a window but, no view is incredibly comfortable. The mid level rooms are beautiful and the pool access suites are priceless if you plan to use the features. I know they have some high end apartment like suites that are right on the beach but, I have not been in them. Location location location!

I cannot wait to go back and I would not stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: It just depends on what you are looking for. Ask the front desk to advise you
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank stuart310
Au, Austria
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed here for 4 days with my friends. The room that i got is really amazing, it is big and super clean. we loves the pool sooooooo much. we really enjoyed watching TV as well. it is such a nice experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I took a trip to the Philippines with my husband to visit family and last minute decided to take a little away trip while visiting all family from both sides. Boracay Regency is a beautiful hotel. As for the room it made me feel like I was still at home (U.S), but better. Everything else (the facilities, restaurant, service, cleanliness, the view, location) was like paradise.

The onsite hotel restaurant Sea Breeze is absolutely wonderful and delicious. My husband and I loved everything we ate. We had a package that included buffet for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Their mango smoothie is absolutely my favorite I had one for almost every meal. During dinner they have live entertainment.

The only thing that kept me from giving an excellent rating was the internet. Visiting a country where I cannot use my own cell phone because of overage charges internet is very hard to find. Though I had free internet access, it could only be in the lobby area and I had to pay when I was in my room or anywhere else in the hotel premises. It was kind of inconvenient when I had to do some work related things.

Other than that it was a great way to be away while being away.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Greenville, California
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The Boracay Regency is a 5 star hotel at a reasonable price. We had one of the junior suite rooms overlooking the pool. These rooms are set up really nice, with a large bathroon, a tub big enough for two, a glass encased large shower, and a toilet with a bidet. The room also had a nice flat screen TV with DVD player, a refrigerator, and a great balcony overlooking the pool and swim up bar. All the employees at the Regency are very helpful and friendly. The location is perfect, with a beautiful white sandy beach right out front. The buffet is amazing. We ate most of our meals right there, because it was hard to beat. The room also had a good strong safe, where we felt comfortable leaving our valuables. We looked at many other hotels on Boracay, and went away knowing we had made the right choice. Thank you Boracay Regency!

Room Tip: The junior suites were a little more expensive, but I think well worth the upgrade. Our room which...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple