“BORACAY REGENCY NIGHTMARE!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Los Angeles, California
“BORACAY REGENCY NIGHTMARE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I strongly urge ALL NOT to ever stay at Boracay Regency or any of the Regency hotel chains! What a NIGHTMARE my Feb 2013 stay was! Frontdesk staff were horrible (talk about service without a smile!), Izzi blatantly lied, took 3.5 hrs to check in and we ended up with the last & worst room (dungeon!)! Rob & I were very jetlagged/tired and expected the usual warm Filipino welcome & hospitality -- NOT @ Boracay Regency! When we booked our room 4 mos ahead, I thought we would have a great vaca -- BR room was filthy, smelled like mildew and smelly laundry, furnitures were scratched, old & ugly! Bath tile grout was black with aged dirt! Website pictures looked heavenly & peaceful --NOT!! Breakfast buffet was recklessly cooked and display was messy! Boracay Regency did not care to give service -- entire staff was all about getting your dollars! I urge you NOT to stay there...I regret booking there, they have no integrity...and do not ruin your stay! I will NEVER EVER stay with any of the REGENCY HOTEL chains again!

• 3 of 5 stars
5 Thank Rob K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Shanghai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We have just come back from our third holiday on beautiful Boracay Island in the Phillipines. As ususal, we stayed at Boracay Regency. The reasons that we always go back to the same hotel are:
- very good Family Rooms, 5 meters from the pool, and 25 meters from the beach.
- the hotel is right on the middle of the beach, so only 10-15 minutes walk away from everything,
- friendly and attentative staff, who do their best to take care of us.

This year, the rooms had been through a minor refreshening, some new paint on the walls, etc. The rooms are not top notch, but since we normally have our eyes closed when we sleep, who cares?

We took the sunset sailing trip, rented Skijets, and had a 90 minute foot treatment - all well appreciated by the various family members.

Even though we were saying that it might be time to go somewhere else next year, I wouldn't be surprised if you find us on Boracay next February aswell.

4 Thank Daniel B
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

It was a family tour comprising of 10 people with kids. Our trip was handled by Boris Travel which makes it easier as this is the second time I coursed thru them in my trips during my vacation.

Boracay Regency from what I learned is among the top 3 hotels in Boracay. All transfers were being handled by Soutwest which is the largest in their field in Aklan. Upon arriving at Caticlan, you'll be dropped to the Welcome center of the hotel group. They are for exclusive use of the hotel's guest so they are not overcrowded. Travel to Boracay is thru a speed boat owned by the hotel itself. All guest area are well handled by friendly and uniformed hotel staff. Be sure to have some small bills for tipping for the porters and staff who gave you good service.

Upon arriving at the hotel, we have to wait for an available room as we are still early for the check-in time. But the good thing is they can prioritize room allocation depending on the guests arrival. We got a family room and a superior room which are both spacious and well maintained.

They have the widest beachfront and they provide excellent service. There are staff that will gladly watch over your things while you enjoy swimming at the beach. From the rooms, buffet service, spa services and the staff it was a worthwhile stay. A bit expensive but with the price comes an excellent service and relaxing experience. Why settle for cheap places if you want a memorable and worry-free stay?

There would be no more searching for any hotels in my next trip to Boracay. There is only one place to stay and that is Boracay Regency.

Room Tip: if possible, choose the ground floor rooms near the pool or better near the Seabreeze cafe. the beac...
2 Thank bok_1981
Al Hofuf, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The hotel located at station 2. it has a a selection of 3 pools. I like the middle one cause it has the bar and the Jacuzzi in it. I booked 2 rooms both have pool access. one room is a twin bed room it has a queen bed and single bed, the other room have a king size bed. The service is excellent at the hotel. The stuff were friendly. The breakfast was good. It was really enjoyable and relax able to stay there I enjoy it. This my second time to stay there and I hope go back there soon.

Room Tip: Pool access room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Hemo K
Austin TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Beautiful place, great location, and the people are terrific and very service oriented. Direct access to the beach-won't even need flip-flops if you want to walk across the dirt 'main street' and go straight into the water. Any staff member you pass in the hall will say "Morning, sir/ma'am" in that lyrical Filipino sing-song voice. The food at the various restaurants is very good-not great-but diverse and well prepared. Cristina's is especially good. Rooms are good-basic, nice solid bed, quaint shuttered windows. Some minor negatives: the internet access is aggravating-whether wired or wireless.So be prepared for that. There are some crappy empty lots and/or construction on some sides that are not very visually appealing. I would definitley stay here again, and bring a business meeting here again as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Dclairmoff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our flight from Manila was delayed and our suitcases did not arrive until 11 pm !! but once your in Boracay there is no worries. The beach and sea our so beautiful it is worth every minute of travel. Our resort Boracay Regency resort and spa was just great. My wife and i traveled with our 3 kids and my parents. I had the family room and a junior suite. The family room had 1 queen bed and 3 single beds. The suite had a pool access which was beautiful. The resort was very clean, the 4 pools were great an the kid love swimming in all of them. 2 min walk to the beach and crystal clear water and sunshine. Resort staff were very helpful, they helped us even track down our luggage when it was the airline's problem. The resort's restaurants were very good. the sea breeze which had the buffet breakfast could have more fresh fruit. This was 2nd trip,to Boracay and hope to get there again. I would recommend his resort it was a little expensive but when you have kids you want to make sure your somewhere clean and safe.

Room Tip: Stay in back section where main pool and pool bar to avoid noise from beach at night. On resort webs...
4 Thank Bob F
Taguig City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Boracay Regency is one of the big players in Boracay. And big means the place is really big! It can accommodate big groups for conventions, meetings etc.

My friends and I got the family room. Upon entering you will be faced with 1 queen and 1 double sized bed. Inside the family room is another room where 2 single beds can be found. This is just so perfect for a group of 4 to 6 I would say. In general, I was really not that super impressed with the room. I tend to compare it with the very modern design Two Seasons offers. One can't help but notice that the place shows many signs of wear and tear. Though, in our 5 days of stay there, I would say that the management is doing many renovations across the resort. I guess many of the rooms will have its face lift just in time for the summer season.

What I like the best in staying in Boracay Regency are the following:
1. Great food selection. The buffet breakfast we've had is heaven. So many to choose from!
2. Superb air conditioning units inside the bedroom.
3. Very comfortable beds and comforters.
4. Good service. Staff are nice and accommodating.
5. A very safe place.

What I didn't like much:
1. No free wifi. Was expecting that for a pricey hotels/resorts like these, free wifi should come as a perk nowadays. Their free wifi in the lobby area is very slow.
2. Needs to renovate the whole place. Again, the place is okay. But for a bit steep price one has to pay, I expect a beaming tip top resort.

After our 5 day stay, i can say that we truly enjoyed our stay at Boracay Regency. It's a place where one can feel refreshed and rejuvenated after his vacation.

Stayed September 2012