“A wonderful stay at the hotel”

Henann Regency Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The hotel located at station 2. it has a a selection of 3 pools. I like the middle one cause it has the bar and the Jacuzzi in it. I booked 2 rooms both have pool access. one room is a twin bed room it has a queen bed and single bed, the other room have a king size bed. The service is excellent at the hotel. The stuff were friendly. The breakfast was good. It was really enjoyable and relax able to stay there I enjoy it. This my second time to stay there and I hope go back there soon.

Room Tip: Pool access room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Hemo K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,853)

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Beautiful place, great location, and the people are terrific and very service oriented. Direct access to the beach-won't even need flip-flops if you want to walk across the dirt 'main street' and go straight into the water. Any staff member you pass in the hall will say "Morning, sir/ma'am" in that lyrical Filipino sing-song voice. The food at the various restaurants is very good-not great-but diverse and well prepared. Cristina's is especially good. Rooms are good-basic, nice solid bed, quaint shuttered windows. Some minor negatives: the internet access is aggravating-whether wired or wireless.So be prepared for that. There are some crappy empty lots and/or construction on some sides that are not very visually appealing. I would definitley stay here again, and bring a business meeting here again as well.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Dclairmoff
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our flight from Manila was delayed and our suitcases did not arrive until 11 pm !! but once your in Boracay there is no worries. The beach and sea our so beautiful it is worth every minute of travel. Our resort Boracay Regency resort and spa was just great. My wife and i traveled with our 3 kids and my parents. I had the family room and a junior suite. The family room had 1 queen bed and 3 single beds. The suite had a pool access which was beautiful. The resort was very clean, the 4 pools were great an the kid love swimming in all of them. 2 min walk to the beach and crystal clear water and sunshine. Resort staff were very helpful, they helped us even track down our luggage when it was the airline's problem. The resort's restaurants were very good. the sea breeze which had the buffet breakfast could have more fresh fruit. This was 2nd trip,to Boracay and hope to get there again. I would recommend his resort it was a little expensive but when you have kids you want to make sure your somewhere clean and safe.

Room Tip: Stay in back section where main pool and pool bar to avoid noise from beach at night. On resort webs...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Bob F
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Boracay Regency is one of the big players in Boracay. And big means the place is really big! It can accommodate big groups for conventions, meetings etc.

My friends and I got the family room. Upon entering you will be faced with 1 queen and 1 double sized bed. Inside the family room is another room where 2 single beds can be found. This is just so perfect for a group of 4 to 6 I would say. In general, I was really not that super impressed with the room. I tend to compare it with the very modern design Two Seasons offers. One can't help but notice that the place shows many signs of wear and tear. Though, in our 5 days of stay there, I would say that the management is doing many renovations across the resort. I guess many of the rooms will have its face lift just in time for the summer season.

What I like the best in staying in Boracay Regency are the following:
1. Great food selection. The buffet breakfast we've had is heaven. So many to choose from!
2. Superb air conditioning units inside the bedroom.
3. Very comfortable beds and comforters.
4. Good service. Staff are nice and accommodating.
5. A very safe place.

What I didn't like much:
1. No free wifi. Was expecting that for a pricey hotels/resorts like these, free wifi should come as a perk nowadays. Their free wifi in the lobby area is very slow.
2. Needs to renovate the whole place. Again, the place is okay. But for a bit steep price one has to pay, I expect a beaming tip top resort.

After our 5 day stay, i can say that we truly enjoyed our stay at Boracay Regency. It's a place where one can feel refreshed and rejuvenated after his vacation.

Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank walrooz
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The location couldn't be better for a resort hotel. Throughout the hotel we found the staff helpful and courteous. Facilities were great with a selection of three pools to choose from and towels were plentiful for either beach or pool use. Buffet breakfast just a short walk from the main part of the hotel was good and plentiful. The beach just a few paces away with plenty of loungers available. Our only grievance was with our room which was clean and quite adequate for our use with all the necessary amenities but the view was directly onto another room just a few yards away and at no time of the day was there any sun. This in itself wouldn't have been a problem other than the fact it was described as a 'Superior room' which would indicate to me that it was better than standard. When I confronted the reception staff I was informed quite politely that the 'Superior room' was in fact a standard room. Just be aware when booking otherwise no complaints.

Room Tip: Be aware that a superior room is in fact their standard room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My experience with this hotel was a DISASTER! Originally booked our reservation online, it was a breeze. But when we decided to upgrade our reservation to Regency Delight package, operational lapses within this 5-star hotel unraveled. I inquired through the website's email address regarding the quotation for packages, they promptly reply the following day. On the same day, I called their landline (Manila line) to book the package. I was dumbfounded when the booking agent confidently declared that the quotation sent to me was INCORRECT. She further stated that the quote came from their Iloilo office and not from them (Manila Office). I couldn't believe what I was hearing, DIFFERENT RATES FOR THE SAME PACKAGE WITHIN THE HOTEL?! I raised that their website reflects that room accommodation for a kid 9 years old and below is free of charge (2 kids will be counted as 1 adult). According to her, the hotel charges 1/2 of an adult rate (room accommodation) for a kid 9 years old and below. She further said that If I booked the erroneous quotation, additional charge would still be collected in the hotel's front desk. If this is not HIDDEN CHARGES, what is it then? And clients are entitled to truthful information on their website. The booking agent was also not very polite during our conversation, she even said that I should be thankful because she was helping me (as far as I know it's her job!). I then sent a message to the hotel's website and FB account regarding the confusion.The following day the booking officer sent an email still stating that the rates she quoted is the OFFICIAL ONE but she had discussed the issue with Iloilo Office and had obtained SPECIAL APPROVAL to give me the lower quotation (Iloilo Office's quotation). They said that they would just send me an email regarding the re-computation so I could pay (via hotel's bank account) immediately for them to hold the reservation. I waited and waited and waited. After hours of waiting and 30 minutes before close of banking hours, I followed them up regarding the re-computation and later found out that the email was SENT TO A DIFFERENT EMAIL ADDRESS. A 5-STAR HOTEL WITH SO MANY ERRORS?! To think that we were still in the Reservation Stage. I was so disappointed and irritated for such MARKETING FAILURES that I asked (via email) for Mr. Karl Chusuey's (Marketing Manager of the hotel) or anybody that I could elevate my complaints to (although I'm not even sure if he/they would even pay attention or even notice my email). No response to my email or any action to address my complaints. Bottomline: they decided to IGNORE A CLIENT'S COMPLAINTS. POOR COMPLAINT HANDLING MANAGEMENT. Getting tired of the hotel's ineffective service, I decided to CANCEL my room reservation. They then charged my credit card for the amount of P6,347 (Yes, Six Thousand Three Hundred & Forty Seven Pesos!) for ENJOYING NOTHING AND ENDURING THEIR GLITCHES. Talking about value for hard-earned money.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
25  Thank AymiAlts
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My family and I have be visiting this resort annually since it's early development, 2004-present. Even though we just returned recently from the Philippines, having toured Northern Luzon, we were unable to spend time in Boracay. We stayed at a number of luxury hotels, but they did not compare to the Boracay Regency and it's beaches. We are planning another trip to the Philippines next year (2014), and a 7 day stay at the Regency. We often visit between January-March because is usually cooler. We came in February one year and there was this moss that washed up onto the shore every morning...staff told us that this was an annual event. Our 2012 visit was the most memorable and we're looking forward to our next visit in 2014.
Pros:
-Centrally located right in the middle of all the action (If you're not into the party scene, might not be the place for you.)
-Large beachfront for guests
-Very attentive staff
-Food, especially breakfast buffet, is excellent
-Rooms are clean and spacious

Cons:
-The island has become overcrowded...less beach space
-Disrespectful guests, especially Koreans
-Can get noisy at times, especially late in the evening

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Evan Z