“Terrible experience!”

Ranked #19 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Manila
“Terrible experience!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My experience with this hotel was a DISASTER! Originally booked our reservation online, it was a breeze. But when we decided to upgrade our reservation to Regency Delight package, operational lapses within this 5-star hotel unraveled. I inquired through the website's email address regarding the quotation for packages, they promptly reply the following day. On the same day, I called their landline (Manila line) to book the package. I was dumbfounded when the booking agent confidently declared that the quotation sent to me was INCORRECT. She further stated that the quote came from their Iloilo office and not from them (Manila Office). I couldn't believe what I was hearing, DIFFERENT RATES FOR THE SAME PACKAGE WITHIN THE HOTEL?! I raised that their website reflects that room accommodation for a kid 9 years old and below is free of charge (2 kids will be counted as 1 adult). According to her, the hotel charges 1/2 of an adult rate (room accommodation) for a kid 9 years old and below. She further said that If I booked the erroneous quotation, additional charge would still be collected in the hotel's front desk. If this is not HIDDEN CHARGES, what is it then? And clients are entitled to truthful information on their website. The booking agent was also not very polite during our conversation, she even said that I should be thankful because she was helping me (as far as I know it's her job!). I then sent a message to the hotel's website and FB account regarding the confusion.The following day the booking officer sent an email still stating that the rates she quoted is the OFFICIAL ONE but she had discussed the issue with Iloilo Office and had obtained SPECIAL APPROVAL to give me the lower quotation (Iloilo Office's quotation). They said that they would just send me an email regarding the re-computation so I could pay (via hotel's bank account) immediately for them to hold the reservation. I waited and waited and waited. After hours of waiting and 30 minutes before close of banking hours, I followed them up regarding the re-computation and later found out that the email was SENT TO A DIFFERENT EMAIL ADDRESS. A 5-STAR HOTEL WITH SO MANY ERRORS?! To think that we were still in the Reservation Stage. I was so disappointed and irritated for such MARKETING FAILURES that I asked (via email) for Mr. Karl Chusuey's (Marketing Manager of the hotel) or anybody that I could elevate my complaints to (although I'm not even sure if he/they would even pay attention or even notice my email). No response to my email or any action to address my complaints. Bottomline: they decided to IGNORE A CLIENT'S COMPLAINTS. POOR COMPLAINT HANDLING MANAGEMENT. Getting tired of the hotel's ineffective service, I decided to CANCEL my room reservation. They then charged my credit card for the amount of P6,347 (Yes, Six Thousand Three Hundred & Forty Seven Pesos!) for ENJOYING NOTHING AND ENDURING THEIR GLITCHES. Talking about value for hard-earned money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
25 Thank AymiAlts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My family and I have be visiting this resort annually since it's early development, 2004-present. Even though we just returned recently from the Philippines, having toured Northern Luzon, we were unable to spend time in Boracay. We stayed at a number of luxury hotels, but they did not compare to the Boracay Regency and it's beaches. We are planning another trip to the Philippines next year (2014), and a 7 day stay at the Regency. We often visit between January-March because is usually cooler. We came in February one year and there was this moss that washed up onto the shore every morning...staff told us that this was an annual event. Our 2012 visit was the most memorable and we're looking forward to our next visit in 2014.
Pros:
-Centrally located right in the middle of all the action (If you're not into the party scene, might not be the place for you.)
-Large beachfront for guests
-Very attentive staff
-Food, especially breakfast buffet, is excellent
-Rooms are clean and spacious

Cons:
-The island has become overcrowded...less beach space
-Disrespectful guests, especially Koreans
-Can get noisy at times, especially late in the evening

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Evan Z
Alameda, California
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have nothing bad to say about the hotel in general - my husband and I enjoyed our stay. Great, friendly staff. Our room was nice, clean and comfortable. The pool attendants always made sure we had fresh towels.

Here comes the but...

I know it's common in Asia, in general, for some tourists to bring a paid girlfriend to keep them company during their visit, but it is disgusting to see an older man with a pre-pubescent girl making out in the pool. Nuff said!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 3, 2013

A mixed review for a mixed bag hotel.

We stayed at this hotel for our National Conference. And while the executive secretary put me up in a bigger room (probably a premier) that was sprawling and had a large veranda, it was a dismal sore sight. You opened the veranda and you were right smack at the back of McDonald's restaurant exhaust fan. You opened the door to your room and you were right smack at the back of the kitchen of the hotel. How much suffocation can you take?

Then there's the dizzying landscape of the hotel. It was like a maze where one section of the hotel was blurringly confusing and you needed to work your way through each of the various sections of the hotel. The older wing which fronted the beachfront was aging...and it showed...really badly. The newer wing which was located at the back of the hotel looked much better...of course, I didn't get to enjoy and review that part.

What struck me most was the food. It was horrible. Even the buffet breakfast was inedible. I mean, if you're going to charge me an arm and a leg for the kind of food you serve here, I might as well get a room without breakfast. After all, McDonald's serves better food and coffee than the hotel. Enough said about food in this hotel. Steer far far away from the restaurants as the food is utterly bad and expensive!!! It's Boracay!!! Go out and enjoy the food around the hotel without having to suffer from the bad food here.

Finally is the service. I bought a bag of french fries and was eating it along the poolside and someone from the pool bar informs me that bringing of food was prohibited. So I didn't eat the french fries and just laid back to enjoy the ambience. There was a group of foreigners beside me that started bringing beer and food and bread and opened it right in front of me!!! The guy from the pool bar approached them but they just laughed at him and continued to eat and bring food and drinks to the area and no one ever bothered them again.

That's the kind of service that you don't really want to see and I wouldn't recommend a hotel that looks down upon people based on race.

With that said, I wouldn't suggest this hotel. If not for it's location along the beachfront in Station 2, it's really not a highly recommended place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Benjamin C
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Almost cancelled my christmas booking because of bad weather. I called the resort and asked if they can book me on a later date but the resort has cancellation policy so i decided to push through. Brought my family with me. As expected, The whole island was in festive mood. Boracay is the favorite family destination. We will always look forward to our next visit. Boracay Regency is perfect. My wife loves the spa! Me and my kids love the buffet and the bar by the pool! Special thanks to Fred who took care of us while at the pool bar.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank John L
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for 2 nights and took a double room.. The bed was comfortable and soft.. The amenities was great that they offer you a variety of pools, one with jacuzzi and a kiddie pool.. Good for families like us.. The breakfast buffet is delicious and they change menu everyday.. A money-worthy hotel to stay in boracay..

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank MaineTan
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Best hotel i feel in station2.... Near indian restaurant and d mall.... It has many pools and restaurant.... At night fire show and live music.... U can enjoy just by staying in the hotel.... Pool side bar is relaxing.... Mc donalds in the premises

• Stayed December 2012