“Pretty good for Boracay standard, but...”

Henann Regency Resort & Spa
Ranked #17 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Alameda, California
“Pretty good for Boracay standard, but...”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have nothing bad to say about the hotel in general - my husband and I enjoyed our stay. Great, friendly staff. Our room was nice, clean and comfortable. The pool attendants always made sure we had fresh towels.

Here comes the but...

I know it's common in Asia, in general, for some tourists to bring a paid girlfriend to keep them company during their visit, but it is disgusting to see an older man with a pre-pubescent girl making out in the pool. Nuff said!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 3, 2013

A mixed review for a mixed bag hotel.

We stayed at this hotel for our National Conference. And while the executive secretary put me up in a bigger room (probably a premier) that was sprawling and had a large veranda, it was a dismal sore sight. You opened the veranda and you were right smack at the back of McDonald's restaurant exhaust fan. You opened the door to your room and you were right smack at the back of the kitchen of the hotel. How much suffocation can you take?

Then there's the dizzying landscape of the hotel. It was like a maze where one section of the hotel was blurringly confusing and you needed to work your way through each of the various sections of the hotel. The older wing which fronted the beachfront was aging...and it showed...really badly. The newer wing which was located at the back of the hotel looked much better...of course, I didn't get to enjoy and review that part.

What struck me most was the food. It was horrible. Even the buffet breakfast was inedible. I mean, if you're going to charge me an arm and a leg for the kind of food you serve here, I might as well get a room without breakfast. After all, McDonald's serves better food and coffee than the hotel. Enough said about food in this hotel. Steer far far away from the restaurants as the food is utterly bad and expensive!!! It's Boracay!!! Go out and enjoy the food around the hotel without having to suffer from the bad food here.

Finally is the service. I bought a bag of french fries and was eating it along the poolside and someone from the pool bar informs me that bringing of food was prohibited. So I didn't eat the french fries and just laid back to enjoy the ambience. There was a group of foreigners beside me that started bringing beer and food and bread and opened it right in front of me!!! The guy from the pool bar approached them but they just laughed at him and continued to eat and bring food and drinks to the area and no one ever bothered them again.

That's the kind of service that you don't really want to see and I wouldn't recommend a hotel that looks down upon people based on race.

With that said, I wouldn't suggest this hotel. If not for it's location along the beachfront in Station 2, it's really not a highly recommended place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Benjamin C
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Almost cancelled my christmas booking because of bad weather. I called the resort and asked if they can book me on a later date but the resort has cancellation policy so i decided to push through. Brought my family with me. As expected, The whole island was in festive mood. Boracay is the favorite family destination. We will always look forward to our next visit. Boracay Regency is perfect. My wife loves the spa! Me and my kids love the buffet and the bar by the pool! Special thanks to Fred who took care of us while at the pool bar.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank John L
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for 2 nights and took a double room.. The bed was comfortable and soft.. The amenities was great that they offer you a variety of pools, one with jacuzzi and a kiddie pool.. Good for families like us.. The breakfast buffet is delicious and they change menu everyday.. A money-worthy hotel to stay in boracay..

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank MaineTan
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Best hotel i feel in station2.... Near indian restaurant and d mall.... It has many pools and restaurant.... At night fire show and live music.... U can enjoy just by staying in the hotel.... Pool side bar is relaxing.... Mc donalds in the premises

• Stayed December 2012
Malay, Aklan, Philippines
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Is one of the best in Boracay Island! Lots of different food and waitress are very attentive and helpful. For a price of Php700++ I get to eat steak, is good meat. There are also seafood and taste fresh. Salad section is great & lots of different tropical fruits. Wonderful experience!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MASTER_PETER_TAY
sydney
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We were in Boracay in November, most amazing place to visit, the hotel is situatied just behind the beach in Station 2, a perfect position. The breakfast was very good for an island and staff very attentive. The people are so friendly and nothing is too much bother.. The rooms were spacious, clean and air con worked well. Bit of building noise early in the morning like 5am but when we complained it stopped straight away. Best location ever!

Room Tip: We had a room near the beach which was very convenient, 1st floor is best, ground floor you would be...