“Has What You Need”

Ranked #17 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Bacoor, Philippines
“Has What You Need”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The hotel is well known in the island, and a landmark most tourists stop to have their photos taken. It is strategically located in station 2 which is a good start-off point since you will mostly walk (roughly 3-4 km) along the shores of the island. Most of the guests in the hotel are foreign tourists, comprising mostly of asian descent. It looked like they have two lobbies, the "unoccupied lobby" is probaly the old one before the hotel added additional rooms. The Grand Lobby is smaller than I expected from a 5 star hotel, considering the bulk of guests they get daily, even on lean seasons. They have 3 moderately-sized swimming pools, with a jacuzzi in the center of the pool next to the Grand Lobby. The latter pool also has a circular bar, with half of the circle situated in the pool itself and the other half at the side of the pool. They have a gym that is open until late in the evening, a conference hall, a spa, and a VIP lounge.

Our room was a family room with pool access and a beachfront. It is also a only few steps from Sea Breeze Cafe which serve the complimentary buffet breakfast (or lunch and dinner if included in your package). The room has 1 double/queen size bed and 3 single beds (the 2 of which are located in the adjoining room, and the other 1 beside the queen bed), and 1 toilet/shower room. It has all the things you'll need (towels, toiletries, hair dryer, refrigerator, 2 cable TV, hot&cold shower and sink, 2 phones and another in the toilet, complimentary water, 2 airconditioners, a rack for your wet clothes, small circular dining table with 2 chairs (and another set on the balcony overlooking the pool), coffee- & tea-making facility, umbrellas, 5 non-removable clothes hangers, in-room safe, and laundry service. The family room doesn't have toilet bidet, bathrobes and slippers, but since you know that you're going to the beach, you'll probably have your own slippers with you. The smaller room doesn't have a clock though, and a very small area of the wall has chipped paint. Some of the wooden fixtures look old and need either new varnish or replacement. They have a central "mini shop" in place of a mini-bar that is open all day and night, where you may visit and choose your snacks or what-have-you's, or you may call room service bring you what you need. Wi-fi is only free in the lobby.

Their prices are a bit steep, but I heard that they offer packages. The staff are non-intrusive, very friendly and accommodating, and they always greet you with a smile. You may ask pool attendants for towels that you may bring out to the beach. The food (buffet breakfast) is alright, with little variety for vegeterians, and little variety on a daily basis. They don't have soup in their buffet. At night, their beachfront has a bar (Mo2) where you may listen to live music and watch fire dancers. Other food establishements in the hotel are Mesa (Filipino cuisine), Hap-Chang (Chinese cuisine), A-Rang (Korean cuisine), and Chistina's (fine dining).

All in all, I was able to sleep comfortably, have my warm shower, and a pampered stay in Boracay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank isthy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Moline, Illinois, USA
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I visited Boracay in 2011 and had a whirlwind experience. I recommend staying for more than a few days if you will be traveling far (like I did, from the states). The island is beautiful. I was a little disappointed with the beach, because there was not a lot of room where I was to lounge with privacy. Also, it was very windy (no fault of the resort). What was great, was that since I just came from a very rainy and cloudy Manila, the island seemed to always be sunny.

I tend to be a picky eater. I found the breakfast just "ok" and nothing special at all. Room service was nice. We ordered some good ice cream. I also loved the pool and ordered pizza there, which was fine. Again, the food was not special.. but I said I am a picky eater.

The pool was my favorite part of this hotel and I wish I could have spent more time there relaxing.

I did encounter a rude woman in the gift shop who made fun of the way I talked. After a very exhausting trip, the last thing I wanted to hear was someone be rude...

This place didn't make a huge impression. Boracay in general just probably isn't for me.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank HappyTraveler8282
Subic, Philippines
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Second time on Boracay, and this an other hotel instead of Microtel, as we will never use this again. Receive a room with balcony and that was nice, even the rooms is a little bit old. Service all over was okay, and as European find the breakfast ok. It is near the beach but it can be a little difficult to find out how those 3 hotels are thought er. At last I suggest that when then hotel write that the pool is open from 0800 it is open so the guest didn't have to wait 35 min.

1 Thank kmittag
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Took a family room recently and there was only one toilet for the entire family which makes it a hassle when we wanted to go out.
The rooms are big but the facilities given was very poor, such as room service was only til 10pm. which was inconvenient when travelling with an infant.
The location of the hotel is great, but i wouldn't recommend it for the price.

2 Thank Sandhya T
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Great resort style hotel right on the beach. Our room was in the older wing but all the facilities were still good. Nice spacious room with balcony overlooking the pool. The main benefit of the older wing is that you are closest to the beach and the buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily in seabreeze cafe. Lots of pools to choose from, esp for kids. Would diff reccommend and would go back. One of the nicest/largest beach front hotels in Boracay at a very reasonable price. Airport transfers arranged by hotel are handy but pricey.

2 Thank lisamm83
Paranaque
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I've stayed here twice already. The first was in 2010, with a big group, peak season.

Facilities are nice, food is great, customer service is great! Rates are however a little on the high side but... you get what you pay for. Even the standard room is ok. No view but better than the standard room of other hotels in the area. The pools are also great!

On my 2nd stay in 2011, I was with my family. Same great place and facilities. The only problem we encountered was the reception lady informing us too late that we had to check out earlier than usual because of our transfer to Kalibo. Our flight home was around 3 pm and check out time is 11am. I thought the 4 hours was enough for us to get from the resort to Kalibo airport. However, this lady in the reception said that we need to check-out at 10am to give them enough time to get us to the airport.

All this was relayed to us only at around 5pm a day before our flight. This was contrary to what was relayed to me when we first checked in. I inquired what time would we have to leave the resort if our flight home was 3pm. Another lady in the reception said that the 11am check out would be sufficient. The 1 hour difference caused a bit of commotion to my family as we had to scramble to get our things packed. Another problem we had was that, our vacation package included buffet meals. Our supposed last meal in the resort should be the lunch on the day of our flight. And lunch was served starting 11am... but they wanted us to leave at 10?! So how about our already paid buffet lunch?

Their solution: pre-packed lunch made of sandwiches. Other than that... everything went fine.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are ok but no view of the beach or pool.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jonathan A
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Stayed here with my partner for 4 days at the newest wing that has easy access to the pool bar and jacuzzi. I'm giving the junior suite a 10 thumbs up! Guests service staff are very friendly! The receptionist was very eager to help us with our outdoor activities. The breakfast buffet is superb but extremely busy though regardless if it's 6am or 10am. Expensive hotel but definitely worth it but wishing that the hotel manager would give us a discount since we stayed for 4 days next time.

Wish it wasn't raining when we went there so we could enjoy more of Boracay. The hotel itself got easy access to everything (mall, restaurants, pharmacies).

The only issues is that we had to call twice for housekeeping to come and clean the room and other hotel guests are hanging out exactly in front of balcony as if it's their own during the day which is very annoying.

Room Tip: I haven't tried the spa but would love to once we get back!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple