“Excellent rooms, service and location!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Henann Regency Resort & Spa

Henann Regency Resort & Spa
Ranked #20 of 150 Hotels in Boracay
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Excellent rooms, service and location!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

Stayed at Boracay Regency twice courtesy of my mother. She always booked us in a poolside room on the newest wing of the hotel. The newer wing is further away from White Beach but the Boracay Regency experience was truly exceptional.

Pros
1. I love the notion of waking up and you just need to open the sliding door of your room and you already have a pool entry. My 1-year old daughter loved it!!!
2. There is a really good hotel spa where I made sure I pampered myself.
3. Very courteous staff
4. Several choices of restaurants within the hotel
5. Breakfast is plenty
6. Lots of space for lounging and bathing on the sea side
7. I love the welcome drink!

Cons
1. I was very against large-scale developments in Boracay. Always frowned upon such establishments in Boracay. (However, after staying in Friday's which had huts and rooms made from native materials BUT felt more exclusive and elitist... I'd rather stay in Boracay Regency again!)
2. Nothing else!

My last visit was August 2010.

Room Tip: Ask for poolside in the newest wing!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Sinag

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Highland Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

I have never visited Boracay Island until our stay in April of 2011. I did not know where to stay, so I started researching & reading information on-line about the Island. MyBoracayGuide.Com was very informative, and convinced me that Boat Station #1 is the best place to stay. Boat Station #1 consists of many resorts, so I listed them all and headed over here to TripAdvisor.com. I know that for starters, we wanted a resort on the beach with a pool, and Boracay Regency appeared to have everything we wanted in a resort.

Transfers: we flew into Caticlan Airport on Cebu-Air, it was a great flight to a great airport. After departing the airport we were meet by Boracay Regency staff who directed us right across a small street to their waiting area. We waited only 15 minutes and their private transfer van arrived to take us to the ferry port. We were the only passengers and the van was clean and cool. The ride to the port was a short-one. The Boracay Regency transfer boat was there waiting on us. Our driver handled our luggage transfer and earned his tip. The boatmen were friendly and welcoming. Upon our arrival to Boracay, luggage handlers were waiting on the beach to carry our luggage to the Boracay Regency transfer van also there waiting for us. 50 pesos tip to each handler made them smile. B.R. Van#2 was also clean and cool. The ride to the resort was short, and upon our arrival the cleanliness of the entrance was impressive. So far, I was very happy selecting this resort. The check-in process was speedy and the front desk staff was great & friendly. We arrived earlier than the check-in time so we had to wait about 30 minutes for our room assignment. The lobby was very comfortable and cool.

Rooms: I booked a Pool-Access room, however, I could only have the room for 2 of our 4 nights. For the remaining 2 nights we had to switch to a regular deluxe room as I was told that the other room was not available for all 4 nights. This was not a problem at all, and I was informed of this when I booked it. The deluxe room that we transfered to was exactly like our pool-access room. The only difference is that we could not exit through the sliding doors of our room and jump into the pool. But we still really liked our deluxe room, it had a balcony and a nice view. To get to the pool, we just had to walk down a short flight of stairs; and had we been on the first floor, we would just have to exit our room and walk across an 8 ft. walk way. Basically, the pool-access is really not a plus. We could have totally done without this feature and saved a few bucks. Check out my photos of the pool and you will see the difference. Both rooms interiors were great. Everything was clean, there were only a few signs of wear’n’tear here and there. Beds were comfortable, TV reception was great, everything worked, and we were both very happy with our resort choice of Boracay Regency. To compare this hotel to the bigger chain hotels, I would say that the rooms here are equally as nice as any Marriott Hotel room.

Internet: We did not attempt Wi-Fi use, but used the internet at their business center for a small fee. The office was clean, and very professional.

Room Service: Although room service is available, we did not use it. We dined at the on-site restaurants and other restaurants along the beach-front.
Breakfast Buffet: Wow !!!! very excellent food, we have no complaints.
Dinner Buffet: Wow!!! Great food, you will not be disappointed.

Beach: The beach is breath taking. You will see it in my photos. The sand is excellent, the water is very clear, and all the resorts have attendants cleaning the beach every morning. There are beach chairs available for use in front of the resort. They are free to use if you are staying at the resort.

Pool: The pools are very clean, and never over crowded. The pools are serviced and cleaned every morning. Also there are foot bath faucets outside of the ground floor rooms for guests to use when returning from the beach.

Cleanliness: The resort is very clean, and we always observed B.R. staff around the property cleaning and maintaining the grounds. Everything is very tidy and well maintained. This really is the perfect place to stay.

Trike-Service: we walked out to the road-way entrance of the outdoor mall area and hired a trike-driver to take us on a tour of the island. I highly recommend this adventure. We saw the bat-cave and toured the windy side of the island.

Pros: Yes, this resort is more expensive than other resorts at Station #1. But we were comfortable with this amount. And we will gladly stay at this resort next time. We liked everything about this resort. Everything !
The transfer from the airport to the resort is not free, but can be arranged at time of booking for a very reasonable fee.
There is a cheap laundry service within a short walking distance of the resort on the main street.
Cons: I accidently dropped and broke a glass in our room. I called the front desk, and housekeeping arrived immediately, however, I was later charged 50 pesos for the glass. I found this kind of comical and started laughing when I reviewed my bill, hehehe…I was being penalized for my mistake. Although surprised, I was really not offended by the charge, but I really think the resort should have forgiven me on this. In my opinion, a small meaningless charge like this could cause a bad rapport with loyal guests and is not worth the risk.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Room Tip: The Pool Access rooms are nice but, opt for a regular room and save a few bucks.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Flynster
oakland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this property back in mid January, during peak tourist season, Chinese New Year. Located in Station 2, it's feels like it's right smack in the middle along Boracay's boardwalk. There are 3 great pools to choose from and if you're lucky, and don't mind the noise, there are rooms where the patio opens right up to the pool. I also love that they have a drying rack located outside on the balconies instead of having to hang your wet swimwear on a chair (where it can easily fly off). We stayed in their junior suite and the bathroom is LARGE. The shower alone has plenty of room. Our view of their rooftop terrace wasn't great, but we could see the pool to our right and the pathway that leads right to the beach. Since we got a package deal, we had access to their VIP lounge which served a limited selection of snacks and wine/cocktail drinks from 5-7 p.m.

It's about a 15 minute walk to the shopping area called "d'mall." But there's a bounty of food options (not just limited to the hotel's) just a stone's throw away. The Seabreeze Cafe offers a decent selection of traditional/popular Filipino breakfast foods as well as American foods. Service is excellent. I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank better3rd
Manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

Very good place. Buffet breakfast was good, location is convenient. Rooms are comfortable and service is good as well. ALthough, since the resort is big, it gets confusing at the start. We were lucky to be given a room near the beach entrance. Pool is available and big enough for guests.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Everydaye
New Hope, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the Boracay Regency. When we first arrived, we were assigned to a room that didn't have a working lock on the sliding glass door that led out to the pool, but it was absolutely no problem to get us in another room. We ended up in one of the ground level rooms where we could walk out our back porch and jump in the pool - just a couple strokes from the swim up bar. Great location! I was surprised that the in the room blocked out a lot of the noise from outside too. Our room was very clean and nice with 2 queen beds and a big bathroom. We didn't utilize room service so I can't speak to that, but all of the staff we interacted with were very friendly (including the bartenders). Sometimes the drinks were a little inconsistent (there was one guy bartender that made the best :)), but overall good. We also ate breakfast at Christina's (which was complimentary)...we really enjoyed that as well. Lots of choices on the buffet and you also get a hot breakfast entree to choose from. Great location too!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

We enjoyed our stay in Regency Hotel in Boracay. We booked for a standard room and luckily we were upgraded to a de luxe room. We checked in at 12noon, left our baggage at the concierge since our room was not ready yet. Usual check in is at 2pm, we got our room at 2:30pm. We went for a swim while waiting so it's really not a bother. Our room was spacious and cozy. Set up of room was simple in white decor, lighting's warm. Both standard and de luxe room has no bathtub but its ok. Bathroom's big and clean complete with toiletries. Towel and bathrobe available but no slippers. A lot of cable channels to choose from. Fridge was empty but food is available at their store which is open from 6am to 12mn. We loved the pool with the jacuzzi in the middle. Stayed most of the morning there since its high tide at the beach. Nice to go swimming late at night too since the water's warm. Love the bar in the pool too, great to eat while swimming. It was very relaxing. You can ask for a beach towel in the pool area which you can bring to your room. (but not to take home). If you got more money to spare it is really nice to get a room with pool access. You have your balcony right beside the pool. . Breakfast buffet was good. Got lots of selections. Definitely with just a little more money to spare we'll definitely stay here at Hotel Regency Boracay again. Cons - No Free Wifi, no bathtub for de luxe room. Although it is a beachfront hotel since it is big you might get a room a little far from the beach since it is a big place.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Busan, South Korea
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stay there one of the most peak season, initially we reserved delux room, but they overbooked
,so we suggested room upgrade to presential sweet room.
The room was excellent but service was not good,
Breakfast was normal,
The location was the best, our room was just center of boracay beach, it's best for enjoy boracay, it's near the d mall,... But except that just normal.

• Stayed January 2012