“Great location, great hotel.”

Henann Regency Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Hotel is perfectly placed on the beach, really close to the bars and restaurants. Although you are right in the middle of everything the rooms are set back so you are not disturbed by the nightlife noise.

We had a deluxe room, which had a whirlpool over looking the balcony. The balcony itself was small with a high wall so you didn't really have a view, there was no out door furniture so you couldn't really sit out there. This didn't bother us at all as we spent all our time on the beach. The room was decorated well and had a great feel to it, welcoming and relaxing.

Friendly staff, helpful and polite. Good breakfast offered and the dinner menu looked good. Pool was great and had a jacuzzi in the middle of it, good to use after a day on the beach.

The beach was busy outside the hotel and with quite a bit of seaweed washed up. However, all you have to do is take a walk along the beach, the crowds get thinner and the seaweed disappears. The white sand was clean and the sea clear blue. It is one of the best beaches i've been to, very impressed and cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel360
There are newer reviews for Henann Regency Resort & Spa

Reviewed April 15, 2011

e stayed at Boracay Regency in the 1st week of March 2011. We are a family of 4 (two little girls). The hotel access/entrance is via a narrow road, not the most impressive of settings but the hotel itself is very nice (I would rate it as a good 4 star hotel). The room was small for our purpose, we had a deluxe, and the 2 beds werent large enough to sleep all 4 so we ordered a baby cot for P350/night. Location of the hotel is probably its most attractive feature, its right off the beach, and in a very clean part of the beach too. The room is generaly quite clean although a bit cramped for us. the bathroom was small too, but clean, although did see a couple of insects. The pressure in the shower was pathetic.. i like to take showers esp after being at the beach so this wasnt enjoyable at all. The breakfast was nice too, all types of eggs, good bread counter, good salad bar, ok fruit bar, 2 types of cereals, no low fat milk, no honey, no hash browns or sausages, some filipino cuisine etc. All in all, we liked it as it had most of what we take for breakfast. The hotel is on the public part of the beach (i think station 1 thru 3 is all public) and the sand/water here was generally without pebbles and the shallow water continues about 150 feet into the sea. Fantastic! Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to people as well as stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank S K
Reviewed April 8, 2011

There was a minor problem between the agency's booking and Boracay Regency. I booked a Family Room and unfortunately it's unavailable, and the frontdesk suggested that we transfer to 2 Superior Rooms. Additional costs were shouldered by the agency. I immediately settled the balance through cash so as to avoid the 5% card charge.

The staff were friendly and accommodating about our concerns. I have not experienced any discriminations from them. The lady in the frontdesk who assisted us even checked in us an hour early. They were prompt to assist us to our needs even when the Resort is clearly jampacked with tourists. I'm also glad that they were able to arrange my Mabuhay Miles Account.

Generally, the Resort is beachfront, clean, the ammenities are superb and the service is recommended. The room is comfy, quiet and child friendly. I slept like a child. Food is yum!

If you are a traveller who prioritizes comfort or who spends vacation with little kids, then I recommend to you this resort. Boracay Regency delivers.

Room Tip: Book rooms directly to the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank misisbuccat
Reviewed April 6, 2011

We stayed there for 2Nights together w/ my officemates. The room was very quite, though thier room pattern was like maze but its easy to find because there are room numbers to guide you. Very nice amenities specially the beachfront w/ lounge chairs and umbrellas. Love it!

Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank MyleneJaromay
Reviewed April 6, 2011

We stayed here in March 2011 and could not fault the place. 2 Adults and 3 children under 10 yrs shared a family room that was in the wing closest to the beach. Certainly ideal as we didn't have to trudge back and forth covered in sand through the whole resort and it is a big resort !

Rooms were clean and spacious - the family room had 2 singles in one room and a single and queen in the other, also an aircon in both room. Only suggestion to management is to clean up the bathrooms a bit more - possibly replace the mouldy silicon that is in the shower area and to leave a small broom so guests can sweep out any sand they bring in from beach. I'm very picky when it comes to hotels and I can honestly say that being a mum I want a good, clean, comfortable hotel. This place qualified in everyway. The pool, just outside our door even had a small slide in it for the kiddies to enjoy. There is another pool on otherside of hotel that has swim up bar.

Although our room (120) was only metres from the main walking strip that runs the length of the island we didn't hear any noise at night and there was security posted at the entrance to ease any security fears we might have had.

We opted in include the buffet breakfast in our room rate and we were overwhelmed with choices. Eggs (whatever way you want), pastries, Flippa food, juices, fruit, etc. was ideal and most days we went without lunch because we were still full from our morning gorge. One of the hotel's restaurants is Christinas. Overlooks the beach and serves up delicious food and steaks (highly recommend the Fillet Mignon with Pepper Sauce). We also ate at the buffet one evening and again were spoilt for choice (food was lovely). Get there early though as seems to be popular!

Make sure you ask the hotel to include your transfers from either Caticlan or Kalibo as it works out very seamless. We had Southwest Tours waiting for us at the airport and took us all the way to the hotel and also on return leg. Just give the guys a tip for carrying bags etc. PH20 - PH40 each will do.

If you need a good travel agent (Australian Guy) speak to Tuggy's Travel www.tuggystravel.com who can organise for you. He's located in Manila.

Room Tip: Get a local Travel Agent to book for you.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank ViciousRumours
Reviewed April 5, 2011

I will definitely stay in this hotel again. Great for relaxation and the restaurant was great.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2011

Whoever owns this hotel created a decent hotel at a prime location and have decided to run it like a prison. I stay at 3 to 5 star hotels all over asia so I'm familiar with the basic standard that a hotel of this type should behave toward the client (based on just amenities this is more 3 star). I was recommended the hotel from a filipina colleague although she had never been there. For Filipinos is has a high end reputation according to her. But honestly from the moment of trying to book the room (no online room reservation system) to the constant reminders in the hotel that guests were considered thieves and vandals first before being considered paying guests; I tell you you're much better off getting what you pay for at a more down market hotel that you can trust how you'll be treated.

But if you do decide to try it out, don't pay by wire transfer. I paid the exact fare as quoted to me (and paid the $20 wire fee for my bank) and then once they confirmed they said I still owed them more money on check in of 850 PHP (approx. $20). When I showed them that I actually paid them the exact amount they said I also owed them for the incoming wire xfer for their bank. I asked them to show me somewhere where in the booking that I owed them this and they just said that's what WE rec'd. Which is actually not true, they received the full amount and then their bank deducted from the receipt. Anyway, it just means you'll be out another $40 if you wire, so avoid it. And I had to laugh when on check-in the clerk said I owed 865 PHP, so I showed him the email sent to me by their inhouse booking person stating 850 PHP, he thought, said it was unusual and asked me to pay 865 PHP "cuz the system says so". Thus I had to laugh since I saw the fear in his eyes of having to override the system which would obviously get him in trouble for giving a customer the equivalent of 30 cents.

You've now been warned.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Almanorkid
DindoSalazar, Manager at Henann Regency Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
We maintain the standard of cleanliness especially with the duvet covers that every guest enjoys whenever they stay with us. Getting a temporary henna tattoo is a trend in the island, however, it stains our linens and thus we have to discard it and charge a very minimal amount.
We are currently making efforts in having a real-time online booking system and will most probably be up and running on your next visit. We sincerely apologize for all the hassle in our payment procedure. There is another option available though and is much easier. We have the manual credit card approval which should have been suggested by our Reservation Associate. Kindly PM me so I could personally investigate on this matter.
I await in welcoming you again to our Island Paradise.