“Totally awesome stay!”

Ranked #10 of 222 Boracay B&B and Inns
Washington DC
“Totally awesome stay!”
Reviewed March 8, 2009

We stayed at the Nigi Nigi Too over at Station 1 due to the ocean views the rooms provided. I must say that the rooms are quite modern yet the decor has an asian, polynesian feel to it It is beautiful and relaxing. The hotel is right in front of Willy's Rock. I could not say enough kudos for the helpful staff -- from the reception, cleaning crews to the bar staff. They were all professional and very warm. We love the bar, we have breakfast there everyday and happy hours in the afternoons. Let me also say that Nigi Nigi Too has masseuses that are the best.

If I have to say one negative it is the lack of phones in the rooms and ready access to the Internet. However, I do consider this very minor. After all, you come there to relax and not think of work. There are plenty of Internet cafes in the D'mall where you could get in touch with people from home. Get your cousin or friend hook you up with a phone and sim card and you will be fine.

Enjoy...enjoy....enjoy is all I can say.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank ladichaterie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Derry
Reviewed February 27, 2009

I stayed In Nigi Nigis for 2 all to short nights. I found it to be a very friendly and clean place. I loved the jungle feel about the place. Unfortunatley I was in Manilla to work so we didn't have a lot of time to explore. Our time consisted of beach bumming and Partying. We had dinner on the beach and watched the sunset, I just wish I had longer to stay.
I have to say though I would only recomment Nigi Nigi for a short stay as the rooms were very basic and I don't think I could have managed a whole week. ( def not 2 weeks )

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GracieDerry
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 2, 2009

I certainly had a great time in Boracay. What an amazing place.

We stayed at Niginigi and for the most part enjoyed our stay. The location is great, being not far from the action, but still enjoying the serenity of Nigi's garden.

My only complaint is that the cottage that we got was a bit musty and seemed to have some termite problems which left termite dust on everything.

Due to this termite situation I'm not sure I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Spot_On42
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 30, 2008

We are repeat customers at Nigi Nigi and generally enjoy our stays there. We've actually spent three of our past Christmases at the resort. The resort is located on a busy part of the beach where the action is and the bar/restaurant serves good quality food and drink. However, we recently visited with our newborn baby and found one part of our stay disappointing and unsafe - the transfer to/from the resort.

Upon arrival to Boracay Pier, we were greeted by the transport coordinators at Island Star Express who expected us to take a tricycle to the resort, even though it was very clear to Nigi Nigi in our booking of the hotel and transfer that we were travelling with an infant of 2 months old and this form of transportation was highly unsafe for three adults and a newborn baby in one tricycle (with all of our luggage).

When we asked for a van, we were quoted 150 Pesos, which we said would be fine but then when the driver dropped us off, he told us that the trip would cost 350 Pesos. We paid this amount because he wouldn't give us our luggage without paying him. We were eventually reimbursed by the resort because 1) We were paying over 80 USD for the transfers and were appalled that we were expected to put our baby's safety in jeopardy and 2) were clearly being ripped off by the driver.

Because of this ordeal, a day prior to our departure, we asked the staff to order a van with seatbelts, windows, and doors to take us back. Twice they told us this had been ordered and sorted out. Upon walking down the alley with all of our luggage, an open aired truck was waiting for us with no seatbelts, no doors, and no windows. We told the transportation coordinator that this was not what we had asked for and asked for a bus with seatbelts. We waited for about ten minutes and a van arrived, which had NO SEATBELTS and was merely the same van we had just had with windows. Since our flight was leaving in about an hour, we had no choice but to take this van.

When I spoke to Nigi Nigi staff, they blamed the transport company, yet the transport company told us Nigi Nigi never told them we had special requests. I am not sure who is being dishonest, but it is very clear to me that either the Nigi Nigi staff is not communicating to the transport company or the company Nigi Nigi uses is taking the money for the transfers and using the absolute bare minimum to transport people to and from the resort. In either case, I am not impressed.

We very much like Nigi Nigis and the warm hospitality. However, we are not happy with the treatment we received on this visit. For future visitors, please ensure if you have special requests to repeat your requests at least three times because clearly my repeating the request twice had no impact.

• Disliked — See review, management is loose
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank dmschaus
Tustin ca
Reviewed November 24, 2008

We stayed at Nigi Nigi Too in station 1. They have 2 Nigi nigis. The main Nigi is in station 2. The Nigi nigi too is infront of Willy's rock.

It was drizzling upon our arrival. After checking in and putting away our luggage, we went to the bar for our welcome drinks. The bartender, name is "Nestor" made awesome cocktails! He was very entertaining and even arranged for our island hopping trip. He even offered to go to the market to buy our food and drinks! We felt very welcome and the service was superb!

As for the room, we stayed in a garden view native cottage. It was nice and very clean. Restroom was clean, toiletries and fresh towels were provided everyday. The downside is that the water pressure was not very strong but I could live with that. Service and friendliness of staff made up for it. Breakfast was inclusive in our package. It was a very good deal, i contacted the resort directly. I was only charged $182.00 for a 5 day stay.

As for the Isand hopping, a lot of boatmen will be approaching you to offer services. Its up to you to haggle to be able to get a good deal. Try the "Red Pirates", the have good deals for island hopping. Nigi nigi's seafood dishes are very good and tasty. Menu pricelist was average. Service was superb! I will definitely come back to Nigi nigi resort!

• Liked — Location and service of staff, cleanliness of room and restroom, food and drinks.
  • Disliked — There is only 1 computer available for use and it needs an upgrade. Very slow internet service and the wifi is only good for 24 hours. You have to pay per day. No free wi-fi in this resort.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank snappyrivera2
NYC
Reviewed November 13, 2008

Since we booked our accommodations in Boracay too late, we didn't have a lot of choices in terms of places to stay. Luckily, there was an availability at Nigi Nigi, which we immediately jumped on (despite it being more expensive than some of the other resorts nearby). Overall, I was pleased with our stay.

We were only in Boracay for a few short days (which is too bad, since it's such a beautiful place) but we made the most of our visit. Our room, which was on the second floor of the resort, was large although it was very dark inside. The decor was not entirely to my liking (sort of a Polynesian theme with the masks and rattan all over the place), and if you're tall I wouldn't recommend sleeping in the lofted area as I must have hit my head half a dozen times on the wooden beams. I did appreciate the semi-private deck though. It was nice to just sit out there and read a book for a few hours.

The bathroom, although large, was a little run-down. Also, our shower had a major ant problem although I suppose that's to be expected in a beach resort of this kind.

Location-wise, Nigi Nigi couldn't be more centrally located. The resort is right on the beach. Make sure you reserve chairs the night before you want to sit out there as they run out quickly. Or you could just lay on a towel as we did. D'Mall and its various shops are about a 10 minute walk away.

I also appreciated the free breakfast daily. You have your choice of a Filipino breakfast (e.g., rice, eggs and longanisa) or something a little more American/Continental, and coffee is also included.

All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Jennifer (I think was her name) was especially helpful and nice to us. She was so helpful with all the transfers, meeting us at Caticlan on the first day and bringing us back on the last day.

Don't expect anything luxurious by any means. However it's a perfectly decent resort with friendly staff and good amenities, and a great beachfront location.

• Liked — Location right on the beach, friendly staff
  • Disliked — Weird decor, dark rooms
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
3 Thank roygbiv81
Australia
Reviewed November 9, 2008

I was at Boracay a few weeks ago with my fiancee, 2yr old daughter, mother and brother and we had the best time there. The hospitality is one we will never forget and was part of the experience we loved from out trip. If you have any children i def recommend this place, they are absolutely child friendly and the best thing is you can still have drinks at the bar with your baby, as the staff are always happy to entertain or accommodate to your child's needs. The room was massive and was was extremely comfortable. The location couldn't get any better, right in the centre of both the great night life and restaurants and your front yard is the amazing white sand and water. Make sure you also try their local fish (red fish) forget its name but Nigi Nigi does it well. We had the pleasure to meet Benjie (the manager of Nigi Nigi Nu Noos). Benjie was always happy to extend his hospitality to make our stay most enjoyable and to experience as much as we can in the island. I highly recommend this place and cant wait to return there again in the near future. Thanks to all the staff for always being friendly.

Sheila

• Liked — friendly staff
  • Disliked — was pleased with it all!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family