“Amazing..We LOVE nigis :)”

Nigi Nigi Nu Noos E Nu Nu Noos
Ranked #9 of 226 Boracay B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We booked nigis after looking at trip advisors and seeing lots of positive comments. From the moment we arrived we knew it was the right choice. The accommodation itself is lovely. It's set in jungle type surroundings and the huts/cottages have a really personal and private feel. It's right beside the beach although when we were there the weather was very wet but that didn't spoil anything. The location of the accommodation is perfect. It's beside the beach, shops, bars and restaurants. You feel right in the middle of it but when you go back to your room it's very peaceful and quiet.
The staff could not do enough for us. It feels like they've known you for ever. It was my boyfriends birthday and they organised a table at the restaurant and the co-owner (Bollie) gave us a free bottle of wine and made us feel very special. There was also a personalised birthday card on the table.  Really nice touches like this make it a great place. Food at the restaurant is fabulous and it's always busy with a good vibe. All you can eat ribs and beer certainly recommended!!
It is such an amazing place that my boyfriend proposed to me here!The staff made sure it was a moment we would never forget and it was incredible! It's just that kind of place. You never want to leave. We only left there a few days ago and we're missing it already. I've never written a review on here but it had to be done this time as Nigi's has it all. If you stay here you won't regret it.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer M
There are newer reviews for Nigi Nigi Nu Noos E Nu Nu Noos

Reviewed July 31, 2011

I moved here after after being disappointed with another hotel. The rooms are beautiful tiki hut style with necessary amenities. All rooms are very private, ground level, engulfed by a lush tropical garden. The service was great, as any need was promptly tended to. The bar service and the quality of the drinks was wonderful (Hey Nolly). When I go back, there will be no wondering where to stay or party. Thanks Nigi Nigi.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bigalsnow
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Marvellous, the cottages and garden. Top quiet position at the beach, great breakfast.
Friendly staff. Could only be improved by better mattresses and a quiet split cycle air con.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I just checked out of Nigi Nigi Nu Noos today and moved on to another property, as they are full due to wedding function at the Resort.

I would like to keep my review brief for those of you who do not want to go the tedious, long reviews.

Accommodation:
Natural style all in bamboo, wood and palm leaves. Mattresses are worn and could need replacement. Rooms are functional, even though on the smaller side ( I had booked a standard bungalow. There are duplex as well, that might be different). Beside the mattress, the rest of the room is maintain very well, particularly considering that the hotel is 21 years old. NO SAFES IN THE ROOM!!!!!! Very unpleasant and tiresome of you need to buy ($ 10) a padlock at the reception to use a wooden box there, which could be opened with a simple screw driver.

Service:
On a scale from 1- 5, whereby 5 is top, I would rate it with a 3. Most of the team is greeting you politely, however only when you make the first step and give them a smile....(guess should be rather the other way around). They know their product, let it be drinks or food, however lake the basics that would make the experience a memorable one, e.g. suggestive selling, upselling, follow up on finished drinks or food, etc..... I guess you know what I am referring to. You order- they deliver. Don't expect more! I would however like to mention my room attendant, who went out of her way and showed not only care, but passion for her job and lots of attention to details. I really appreciate this. Thanks Flur (or Flor), well done and keep the good job up

Food and Beverage:
Great flexibility for those who want to sleep in and do not feel like putting an alarm during your vacation. Breakfast can be ordered all day long...... :-)
Menu is enticing and the quality is very good. Whether it is the fresh fish, which you should order for lunch rather then dinner, as there is only limited amount available as freshly bought every day, curry dishes, traditional Filipino food or their really unique burger (super size me style...) All spot on. Well done Nigi Nigi
Minibar could use some hard liqueurs additionally to the soft drinks, water and beer and snack items. Who would be able to resist peanuts or crisps when having a cold beer....?

Management:
Staying a lot in hotels through out my professional life, I need to say that the basic system are in place at Nigi Nigi, which ensure an overall enjoyable stay for any guest. I am sure about this. (afternoon meeting with the team, employee of the month recognition, which should help to boost motivation, room attendant welcome cards upon check in, etc). The General Manager (and believe as well partial owner) is very present in the operation (only 20 rooms) and converses a lot with his guests. Possibly the one or other question on "what should be do different, to improve your experience with us" and collecting the same either in person by him or in writing via a brief questionnaire upon check out, would help to get a better view of the areas that DO need attention.

Overall:
I stayed during off season and therefore the value for money was good and yes, I would return most likely.
Pros: good location, natural style of the resort, good F&B
Cons: unfortunately SERVICE

I heard as well that they will shot down the resort any time soon for an extension with close to 100 rooms, which apparently should take place mid next year. This is not confirmed, but in case you would like to experience this resort still as is in it's natural ambiance, make sure you do it soon.

Read my next review in a weeks time when I will check out from my current accommodation, which is so far a very positive surprise......... Station 2 as well.

Room Tip: all rooms have more or less the same location and therefore it does not really matter to inidcate (q...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank JohnA1970
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Nigi's is in the middle of boat station 2 and right on White Beach. There is the Nigi's bar right at the front which is a fantastic place to meet, greet and eat and watch the world go by. Happy hour runs from 5-7pm with beer P45 and cocktails 2 for 1. The dining area is directly behind the bar and offers ordinary food with good portion sizes, I say ordinary because it was good ( at times very good) but nothing spectacular, standard fare I would say. The breakfast pancake with fruit was amazing though. It is more a crepe with beautiful fresh fruit in the middle, moorish and a wonderful way to start the day. The piri piri chicken night was also very good. The staff were very good and quite personable, taking the time to get to know you, I have no complaints whatsoever regarding the staff.
Facing Nigi's, on the right is the massage hut. I had a number of massages here to treat a severe shoulder knot. I was very impressed and for P300 for half an hour, more than the beach, it was totally worth it.
Facing Nigi's to the left and next to the dining area is the reception with Internet, although they do have free WiFi as well, the computers always worked and connections were quick.
Passing reception you meander through gorgeous tropical gardens to your hut/ room. I found the huts quite dark inside and I needed the lights on even during the day. They are simply furnished and very clean but basic, having an ensuite and a small bar fridge but you know what, it was really all you needed at the end of the day. The TV had a great selection of channels for late night watching or for when it was pouring rain lol. I found the room was a bit musty but nothing a bit of air freshened couldn't fix and we are in a tropical climate after all.
Nigi's was a short walk to anywhere you wanted to go, the accommodation was nice, clean and great value, the food was satisfying and fresh, the staff were helpful and thoughtful , the manager, Bollie, was a fantastic host in everyday possible. I would certainly recommend staying at Nigi's, it was everything we needed or wanted.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rachela C
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Nigi Nigi Nu Noos was chosen by my friend and me for the second half of our stay in Boracay. We had stayed earlier in Station 1 but found ourselves spending time at Nigi Nigi--thanks to great bar (one of the friendliest bars ever--and great beach location) and amazing host. We were overpaying for out hotel at Station 1 so felt this would be a good, convenient and value alternative. It is cheaper and should be, so make sure you get a good rate! It is very basic (Basic=one simple towel, not great water pressure or hot/cold function, potentially buggy, a bit of a walk to the main road if you need a trike, spotty internet) though the huts are really adorable and the jungle walkway is pretty cool. Plus, if you get a room further back, which I recommend, you should not hear the noise from the bar areas up front.
This is a good hotel to be in the thick of it all in Boracay. You can walk ten minutes to the quieter beaches and stay here for the convenience, especially for the nightlife, when you don't want to walk or take a trike all the way back to the quieter beach hotels.
The bar, as mentioned, is so great for people meeting and watching and is right across from the beach. The food is good. Massage on premises with good masseurs.
My cousin recommended the sister hotel, Nigi Nigi Too at the quieter Station 1 area, which was booked when I did my initial research.

Room Tip: Ask to be further back.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank noteztoplz
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We were staying at another hotel further away fro the main beach when we found Nigi Nigi's. Their bar/restaurant is at the front almost right on the beach so you can watch the kids while you eat and relax (there is no pool). The rooms (individual cottages) are behind but you cant hear a thing from the bar, probably due to the lush tropical setting. The family rooms are great with a large almost king size bed and a loft with 2 single beds for the kids (they will also give you another single bed if there are 5 of you). You are surrounded by shopping and great food, the night life is great for adults and kids (mine are 7 & 9) and on Friday nights they have all you can eat ribs and drinks for around $20 Aus. the ribs are huge and to die for!
The service was great and nothing was too much trouble. The menu is both local and western and the kids loved the pancakes and burgers and the fresh pineapple juice and fresh coffe are amazing! (ask for fresh or you will get bottled juice and instant coffee).
If you can find a local to negotiate the price for you to get a better rate ($75-$100) or give it a go yourself!

Room Tip: book & negotiate the price when you get there
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family