All reviewsstar loungebrunch buffetrooftop barpremier roombeach securityd mallwhite beachcomplimentary massagecaticlan airportturn down servicehotel guestssecurity personnelprivate boatbeach chairsfew stepsvisit boracaywelcome drink
Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

Stayed The District hotel for only two nights, hotel was nice and clean . Its still very new maybe. The worst i ever met also here. We went to island hoping by hotel arrangment and the price is almost trible price compare to outside. 2000ps outside almost 700 ps can get .
At last , we still have to paid 500 for extra 1 hour charges and the boat man bring us to most expensive lunch cost me 3000 ps.
Never never recomended this hotel activities. And most worst services they provided.

And be careful for the sand castle for photo shooting, check for the price. They claim about 20 for person. After finish photo taken, those scam asking for 40 usd instead of peso. WTF..

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank 428ksc
The District Bo... R, Manager at The District Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2017

Dear 428ksc,

First, allow me to thank you for staying with us. I am happy to know that the hotel was to your liking, though I am saddened to hear of your experience with your island hopping tour. I believe there was a mix-up of information as based on our records, you arranged your activities directly with an activity provider, not through us. We have strict guidelines when accrediting third party suppliers (activity providers for instance) to ensure the safety and convenience of all guests. If you will compare with other decent providers, are rates are very competitive as well. Our rates may appear more expensive since we offer an all-inclusive package (with entrance fees, rental of snorkeling gears, etc), whereas suppliers outside the resort offer rental for boat only. We strive to exceed guest expectations, not to overcharge guests.

Nevertheless, it was our pleasure to have you at the resort, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Naomi Soriano
Resident Manager

Reviewed September 14, 2017

Stayed here for one night. The staffs are firendly and accommodating. Stayed in deluxed room. I just wish you have more spacious room. But over all its very good! I really enjoyed my stay. Thank u everyone for being lovely!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 6, 2017

Excellent service provided by friendly and helpful hotel staff in transferring us from boat terminal to hotel and from hotel to bus terminal to go to the airport (Jiorry) and good recommendation for half-day trips to nearby Crystal Cove Island and other destinations. Breakfast was good as well and service was excellent by the staff. Location was very good as well. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank eljx1988
Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

Stayed in a Premier Room for 3 nights. The resort is beautiful and located right in front of the beach and stunning sunsets. D' Mall, which is a cluster of restaurants and tourist shops, is a 3 mins walk away. The hotel's F&B and housekeeping cannot be faulted and all the staff, from the front desk, security personnel, spa therapists and drivers, provided superb first class service. The only little glitch was an arrangement that was missed out for my wife's belated birthday celebration. That aside, me and my wife agreed The District was one of the best hotels we have stayed in and we have no problems recommending it to anyone who is visiting Boracay. Keep up the excellent work! =) Some tips for travelers - arrive thru Caticlan airport if u can, which all you will need is a 10 min boat ride to Boracay. If you arrive via Kalibo, you will require a 2 hour bus ride or a 1-1.5 hr private car/van transfer to Caticlan jetty, which could be a pain for some (narrow, mountain roads). There are plenty of touts who will approach you offering activities at Boracay (e.g. Island hopping, parasailing, zip line, etc). They may appear shoddy but some are genuinely able to provide better rates, though the safety records of their contacts could be dubious. Just be alert and sensible and all should be fine. Also remember to set aside 700 peso/Pax ("airport tax") if your return flight is through Kalibo airport (should also apply to Caticlan airport). We also had great deals for souvenirs (e.g. Magnets, T-shirts) at the Bamboo Market. I am certain you will enjoy the stunning island of Boaracay and hospitality of the lovely Filipino people. Cheers!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank moodyinsingapore
Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

My rate is base on transparency, communication and customer service from start to Finish.

Arrival: Arrival in the port was great they pulled all the stops including the private boat of the hotel.

Upon arrival IN THE HOTEL.. They didnt inform us that we are being taken on a back road going to the airport (theres a small walk going to the entrace) unfortunately..this backroad (dirty road) is not the good first impression for first timers like my husband. There was another road (farther) and it very nice..the DMall road.
Communication with client is important...give them a choice where they want to pass by..the scenic long route or the short not so pleasant route. (the district like to take the bad road for people with a lot of luggage but Still..inform the client to set expectation)

Departure: I think this is a case of "your stay has ended- we dont care anymore" me and my husband was suddenly downgraded to a overcrowded public boat and a Kalibo Van driver that has bad drivibg skill (i have to stop on the side road coz I'm getting sick) , it's a stinky van and non existent aircon.

Our travel home is long hence I made sure I booked the exclusive van and prime seat in the plane for convenience- the district basically inconvenienced us on our departure.

Toilet: I have to leave a note for the housekeeper to clean the toilet bowl coz they have no idea how to clean, i almost borrowed brush to clean it myself. The housekeeper cleaned but not very effective. (I am fussy when it comes to toilets)

Breakfast: Redundancy. No variation. Boring..and eggs (salad buffet) are full of flies. At least have decency to cover the food to avoid germs.

Internal Communication: I asked if an massuese from outside can do a massage infront of the beach or at the pool area and the guard allowed it in the pool. I was having doubts since they have thier own spa..so I asked front desk again. The front desk said its not allowed.Guard and front desk was having a "conversation" over the phone in front of me and my husband. These type of "conversation" should never happen infront of us. Give us a final answer and discuss your rules and process later after we are gone..not infront of us.

Restaurant: My husband ordered a steak for 1200++ and its cold, very thin, and dissapointing.

Staff: Very nice and welcoming

Place and Room: Clean ( except for the toilet)

Are we coming back? No..i dont think so.Nothing in the hotel, food or customer service stood out that will make us come back again. Thier price is somewhat higher than others and they should place more importance in thier food and customer experience.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carmy C
The District Bo... R, Manager at The District Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2017

Dear Carmy C,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us last September 1-4, 2017.

We are committed to providing a memorable stay to all our guests from arrival till departure, that's why it really saddens me to hear of your unfortunate experience with us.

We provide complimentary Caticlan airport transfer service using either our own van/speedboat or through our 3rd party providers – depending on availability. It will never be our intention to downgrade the service we provide our guests, but we do understand that riding a speedboat going to the resort is definitely a better experience than riding a public boat.

I have been informed that the aircondition of the private van from Caticlan to Kalibo also broke down – and this is totally unacceptable (though unfortunate). I sincerely apologize for all that has happened - definitely not how we would have wanted your Boracay holiday to end. We would be happy to refund the fee paid for your private Caticlan to Kalibo transfer service, please advise where we can deposit the money so we can process right away.

I also understand your frustration on the pathway from the main road to the beach area that leads to The District. As a rule, the LGU doesn’t allow resorts to use D'Mall as the drop off point for arriving guests. We will definitely review our SOPs on this to provide better experience for guests.

I likewise appreciate your comments about our breakfast spread, rest assured that our F&B Team will be looking into this. As you may have noticed while you were at the resort, we'll be opening another restaurant soon - and this will definitely add variety to our offerings. Additional measures are already in place to avoid flies inside the restaurant. I would like to assure you that keeping our facilities clean - especially our restaurant - is an integral part of our operation.

I would have preferred leaving you with only good memories at The District, if I could. I do hope to make it up to both you and your husband next time you visit the island. Till then, you may reach me directly at info@thedistrictboracay.com so I may assist you personally.

Again, my sincerest apologies.

Best regards,