“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #6 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed in a Deluxe Room on level 3 at The District for four nights which faced the pool. Service has been excellent end-to-end from the morning we arrived up till the wee morning we left. Transfers between airport and hotel was smooth and hassle free. On the morning that we checked-out (5.30am) left, pre-packed breakfast was prepared for us.

As mentioned by many who have stayed at the District, we too find their staff were extremely friendly, room and facility clean. The hotel is centrally located and yet offered enough privacy and exclusiveness. Walking to D'mall, D'Talippa and Bulabog Beach are just minutes away.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ch1020, Marketing & PR Supervisor at The District Boracay, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Mr. DavidP111888,

Warm greetings from The District Boracay, your contemporary boutique beachfront resort in Boracay!

Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback about The District Boracay, and for the very kind words about our staff and service. We are very happy to hear that you had such a wonderful time at the resort, and equally delighted that the air of privacy and exclusiveness at the resort was to your liking.

We take pride in the location of the resort, and we couldn’t be happier that all our guests are enjoying the convenience that comes with it, just as we have envisioned.

Once again, thank you so much, and we hope to have you back in the island again soon!

Marketing & PR Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have just returned from a 4 day 3 night stay in The District Boracay and I have nothing but praise for the hotel and its staff! I travelled to Boracay with my girlfriend, flying from Singapore to boracay via Cebu Airlines.

Reasons why you should choose The District Boracay:
1) Location: it's located right smack on the most beautiful beach I have ever seen, with the finest sand and clearest water. Before choosing this hotel, I read many other reviews about how the beach was right at the hotel's doorstep, I was surprised when I finally reached the place, the beach was really literally at the hotel's front porch, with the shore line really a stone's throw away from the entrance! Being located at station 2, it was also right next to d'mall, as well as an entire stretch of restaurants, shops, pubs, all lining the beach. In our 4 days there, we weren't able to cover the entire stretch of shops and restaurants, entertainment was right at your doorstep.

2) The most amazing and friendly staff ever: I was planning to propose to my girlfriend during this trip and had had a few email correspondences with the hotel staff before my actual trip, seeking them for advice on how the hotel could help me make arrangements for my proposal. Once I had registered with the frontdesk, the front desk staff immediately asked enquired about my proposal plans and asked about how they could assist me with my plans, without me having to remind them about it at all. Their spontaneity and genuine eagerness to help me make everything perfect surprised and moved me. After some discussion, we decided to have a romantic candlelight dinner on my premier room's verandah, with food catered from the Caruso Italiano restaurant. I expected a simple table and chair layout for the dinner but I was so pleasantly surprised when I saw the staff had laid out rose petals out of her own initiative on the verandah as well as create a path of rose petals from the room front door leading to the verandah. everything was also done without any charge at all! I only had to pay for the food.

My utmost heartfelt thanks goes to Ms Cindy and Ms April who were the two ladies without whom which everything would not have been possible! You guys are the best! Thank you so much for being so awesome!!
The rest of the hotel staff were also very friendly, always smiling and greeting us sincerely with their right hand placed across their chest, always enquiring about our stay and how they could help us make it better. Special mention to Glen, always ever-cheerful and helpful!

3) Round trip transfer from Caticlan airport: Getting to Boracay is slightly more inconvenient than most holiday places. Coming from Singapore, I had to take a flight to Manila, transit to Caticlan. You then have to take a boat from Caticlan to Boracay island. Thankfully for the hotel's arrangements, we arrived at the Caticlan airport, feeling lost and totally foreign, to find ourselves greeted by a very friendly hotel staff, who drove us from the airport to the jetty. He then arranged for a boat to bring us from the Caticlan jetty to Boracay, where another minivan was waiting to pick up us. The transfer from Caticlan airport all the way to our hotel doorstep was extremely smooth and hassle- free, without any delay at all. We would definitely have gotten lost in no time without their help!

4) Clean and tidy rooms: Our premier room was very clean and pretty, well furnished, having a tv with many many international channels, all our room's amenities worked perfectly well. We didn't have any problems that the other previous guests mentioned, our wifi worked fine as well. I remember speaking to Glen, one of the hotel staff, on the last day of our trip, and he mentioned that he would look through all the previous guests' feedback on the various websites every single day, just so that the hotel could constantly improve. Impressive!!! Perhaps that was why our stay had been so great!

5) The Star Lounge! That's the hotel's private lounge/ bar, a beautifully decorated alfresco lounge, where you can choose from a long list of very well concocted drinks or grab a small bite, while enjoying the sea breeze. you even get 40% off drinks if you go during happy hour, from 5-7pm! A pity that the lounge closes quite early at 10.30 pm though!

The perfectness of the beach and the hotel was occasionally tarnished by the various incessantly persistent peddlers roaming on the white beach. During my stay, there was one particular group of peddlers who had stationed themselves right next to the hotel's private deck chairs, and they persistently came up to us trying to persuade us to sign up for sea sports activities with them. Despite telling them that we were not interested, they still haressed us and the other hotel guests lounging on the hotel's private beach chairs multiple times. I guess this isn't in anyway isolated to The District, just a problem that plagues all visitors to the white beach.

Thoroughly enjoyed every moment of my stay at The District! I will definitely recommend it to all my friends visiting Boracay, and it will definitely be my choice of Hotel when I return to Boracay!

A great big thank you to the two angels Ms April and Ms Cindy once again!!

Room Tip: premier rooms definitely better, slightly more expensive but definitely worthwhile!
1 Thank THJ87
Dear Mr. THJ87,

On behalf of the whole District Team, allow me to congratulate you on your engagement to your beautiful girlfriend! It was such a thrill for all of us to be part of your very sweet wedding proposal, and we couldn’t be happier that everything turned out perfectly well!

Many thanks too for your generous compliments about the resort. We are extremely happy that everything was to your liking, from rooms, the location of the resort, to our airport transfer service! It is our commitment to provide the highest form of guest satisfaction, that’s why it is heartwarming that our efforts are validated by your positive feedback. Our resort staff, Ms. Cindy Velasco, Ms. April Yetyet, and Mr. Glen Coca in particular, would like to extend their gratitude for your commendation.

We regret to hear though that you had an unpleasant experience with the peddlers at the beach area. Our security team is already looking into this to avoid similar incidents in the future. Thanks for letting us know!

Once again, congratulations on your engagement and we can't wait to have you back, hopefully with your "little ones" next time!

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel is located conveniently in the middle of action in White beach only a few minutes walk to D'mall. The location seems to be at the border of more action packed southern section and more laid back northern section. I stayed in a Premier room, which could have been better if they placed the more expensive rooms facing the pool (with nice water falls features). With the price, I would have expected at least a bath tub or jacuzzi in the room too. The water pressure was little weak even with the rain forest shower heads and the glass doors of the bathroom and shower room did not close properly. Some tasteful paintings or photos would be good as the interior was little too simple. However, it was very comfortable and the bed size was a bonus. The breakfast was quite good, considering the size of the hotel and the view from the cocktail lounge is amazing. The service flow could have been better refined.

Room Tip: Premier room is worth the additional small fee
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ausvetboy,

Thank you so much for choosing The District Boracay as your home during your recent holiday in the island. We appreciate your feedback, and have taken note of your recommendations. The water pressure inside the bathroom was an isolated case, and our Engineering Team has already looked into it, to avoid similar incident from recurring in the future.

It was our pleasure to have you at the resort, and we certainly hope to have you back at the resort again next time!

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I reserved a deluxe queen. Now this room is really just for two people and for every extra person, you would have to pay 2800 a night. It was totally worth it though.

The rooms were kept clean. The staff would greet you and ask you how your stay is coming along.

We had an annoying problem with our aircon as it kept shutting down but a call to housekeeping would be answered promptly ane they would immediately send someone to fix the problem.

The pool is okay. I loved though how the floaters could be borrowed .

Breakfast was also adequate.

The only thing I didnt like about my trip was that the transfer they arranged for me was 10 hours waaaaaay before my flight. As it was part of what was paid for, I assumed that they would have accommodated me. That's still an entire day at the beach. I decided to fix my own transfer and stayed by the beach and the pool which they said I could do. Later in the afternoon as I walked by, I overheard the front desk say to her co-worker, "haven't they checked out already?" So not cool. That was very unprofessional as it gave me a feeling of being unwanted when in the first place, I told them about my later flight and they assured me I can still enjoy the pool while waiting.

That bit disappointed me. It would have been a perfect trip otherwise.

• Stayed May 2013
ch1020, Marketing & PR Supervisor at The District Boracay, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Xizhu32,

Thank you so much for the generous compliments about resort! We are extremely happy that the resort (in general) - room, pool, and breakfast in particular - was to your liking.

We, however, regret to hear of the unfavorable experience with your airport transfer. Our Front Office staff accepts that at times, they verify with each other if a certain guest has checked-out just to ensure that all guests within the hotel premises have been attended to. Making you feel unwelcomed, lest ruin a great holiday, is the last thing that we want to happen.

Thank you for hearing our side on this. We do hope to have you back at the resort again next time!

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The District is all that. A great location right in the middle of Boracay Beach in station 2. The hotel staff is wonderful, the rooms are new and modern, the beach restaurant was very good. The room included a breakfast buffet that was very good. The District provides transfers to and from Catiklan airport. The driver is with you the entire trip from the airport to the ferry boat and then to the hotel. A very good service.

Room Tip: Request airport transfers when you make the reservation.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ch1020, Marketing & PR Supervisor at The District Boracay, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Mr. MichaelL,

Many thanks for the generous compliments about the resort, we are extremely happy that everything was to your liking. It has always been our commitment to provide the most personalized service to all our guests, and it is always delighting to hear of positive comments such as yours.

Mr. MichaelL, it was a pleasure to have you at the resort. We hope to have you back at the resort on your next visit!

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The District Boracay is just over one year old, and so should have had plenty of time to overcome any teething issues. At times I was surprised just how unorganised things are at the District.

The location of the hotel is undoubtedly the best in Boracay, it's central and easily accessible from anywhere on Boracay's white beach.

I stayed at the District for a total of four nights and had the unique experience of sampling three different rooms. We had the Deluxe Queen for our first night, a Deluxe King for the next two nights and then a Premier Room for our final evening. Obviously, this was not the plan. We originally booked a Deluxe King for three nights and Premier Room for the last (this was my mistake), unfortunately the Deluxe King turned out to be unavailable on the first night despite our request prior to arrival. This wasn't communicated to me in advance.

The Deluxe rooms are sub par and overpriced. On the 1st night we had a letter delivered under our door informing us that the hot water would be unavailable from 1am; but the water wasn't working well before that anyway. The Deluxe queen had poor water pressure, there may be further issues behind this. I washed some clothes in the shower on three separate occasions and found that despite my best efforts, when dry, the clothes smelt stale every time. Everyday we heard and noticed that maintenance was being undertaken in the pool water room, but this wasn't communicated to us either.

Then, we moved to a Deluxe King. Still, the same problems with the water pressure, but the room is marginally better. The TV's are good and with a nice selection of channels.

Finally, the Premier Room - this was a better experience for us. If you decide to stay here I recommend booking the Premier in advance; it's only a little bit more expensive but the water pressure in our room was superior and the furnishings are better.

I must also point out that the toilets here need at least two flushes every time without fail - this needs to be addressed - this may be cause for embarrassment for other guests.

I mentioned the maintenance earlier on in this review, thank you to the gentleman who woke me up at 7am with the loudest crash I have ever heard in a hotel! If maintenance needs to be completed, I would recommend that the District do this in the middle of the day. Most people are on the beach and the pool area is generally empty in the mid-afternoon.

With regards to the staff, the District has plenty of cleaners and security around the hotel. All of these staff were extremely friendly and greet you with a smile. Unfortunately I've never seen a front desk in such disarray. The front desk staff here are dressed impeccably, but their service is dire. Even the simplest of questions is the source of confusion. Each and every time they need to ask you to sit for 10 minutes whilst they tap on their computers and discuss with each other what to do. At times there were four people on the frontdesk, so resource availability is not a problem.

I would also gently advise that the beach security guards stop associating with one specific salesman on the beach. This salesman claimed to be connected to the District hotel; I later found out he is nothing to do with the resort. For the island hopping (that we later booked with the hotel through the proper channels) we ended up paying half of what the beach salesman quoted. This isn't the District's fault, but after seeing a security guard speaking to the salesman most of the day, I initially thought that he was a member of the team.

The Wireless internet here is below average. Again, this was much better in my premier room but the deluxe room had no connectivity on the first night, this needs to be improved ASAP.

Overall, I give this a 2/5, that's how disappointed I was with the resort. It's overpriced and despite a hotel looking good from the outside, there are no excuses for internal issues such as poor service quality and organisation.

2 Thank majicka
ch1020, Marketing & PR Supervisor at The District Boracay, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Mr. Majicka,

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you during your recent trip to the island. We, however, regret to hear about your unfavorable experiences at the resort, and we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences these have caused you. We were not advised of your choice of a Deluxe King Room before the check-in, thus was not able to reserve this particular category for you.

We do appreciate your honest feedback about the resort, and we have taken note of your other concerns; rest assured that we have already taken all necessary steps to address the issues that you raised to prevent these from recurring. On a lighter note, we are delighted to hear that our Premier Room as well as the location of the resort was to your liking.

Mr. Majicka, thank you for hearing our side on this and we do hope to have you back at the resort again next time you are in the island, so you may positively experience The District Boracay as most of our guests do.

Darwin, Australia
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Went for a week in Feb (really busy in Boracay - probably wouldn't go to Boracay at that time again) But The District hotel was wonderful! Rooms, hotel, bar, restaurant and view are all exactly what is shown in their pictures! We stayed in the bottom further Premier Room. So modern and pretty well brand new.

Right in the Heart of the White Beach on Boat Station 2, red coconut right next door (wouldn't stay here) really nice food and drinks at the bar/ restaurant at the red coconut, little pricey at The District though (italian style food).

The District staff where always OVER helpful if anything, all speak great english and would do anthing to help you! Always had a clean room, they even leave goodnight notes + sweets at the end of your bed when they make it durning the afternoon!

Had a small issue with the bathroom leaking, although there was a typhoon the days previous, but the staff had it all under control after our brief walk to the DMall (which is about 2 minutes walk)

Definately recommend staying here!

Room Tip: Bottom end rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lovethegreatescape,

Thank you so much for the generous compliments about resort – the rooms, bar and restaurants, views, location, and the staff ‘s personalized service in particular. We are very happy to note that everything was to your liking, and equally delighted to hear of your recommendation to your fellow travelers here on TripAdvisor.

Positive comments such as yours are always an additional treat to all of us, so I will ensure that everyone at the resort gets to read your review.

Again, thank you very much and we are looking forward to having you back at the resort again soon!