“Best Fish & Chips ever!!”
Review of Tilapia 'N Chips

Tilapia 'N Chips
Ranked #14 of 322 Restaurants in Boracay
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family Restaurant!FREE Delivery on all orders
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I've had take-out from Tilapia 'N Chips on numerous occasions, usually brought to my door by a friend, but tonight visited myself after a long day of meetings and it was exactly what I craved.

Having spent half my life living by the seaside in the UK, I know my fish and chips and I'm very discerning about them. Tilapia 'N Chips get it absolutely right ... I don't know what they do differently in terms of the batter but is it ABSOLUTELY perfect; crispy, tasty and never soggy or oily.

My friend swears that they make the best beef burgers (from scratch) ever, so I really ought to try these .. along with the Chicken Burger which others on the island have also raved about. But any time I visit I just get the craving for the fish and chips.

The restaurant itself is perfect; clean crisp lines that conjour up images of being by the seaside without taking the rustic design approach ... More the Rick Stein approach in Cornwall. The music is low and gentle; a respite from the pumping, thumping sounds of other eateries on the island.

The staff are friendly, helpful and take their service and the food produced seriously.

But the very best, is that not only do they do food for take out BUT they DELIVER! How many people have been crying out for a decent takeaway on the island?!

Find them at the top of D'Mall, Crafty's Market entrance just on the left-handside.

4  Thank Trudy A
velvet94, Manager at Tilapia 'N Chips, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Thanks so much Trudy for your kind comments about Tilapia 'N Chips. It was nice meeting you and Helen. I always tend to respond but somehow forgot my way around Trip Advisor. :)

What a compliment, we really appreciate it. The only thing that we do differently is we take care to source the highest quality ingredients(local if posible) for our food and i hope more people get to know what we can offer. We look forward to having you here with us again. All the best.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

i tried dory in beer batter with fries. wife had tilapia and rice .best fish/fries ever tasted.nice clean interior with air con ,and friendly staff...

4  Thank PaulM471_12
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

We ate 3 times here during our 5 days stay in boracay..quite hidden location at D'Mall..very nice & clean interior with air con..very delicious tilapia (with fries or rice) & dory fish sandwich (with really soft tasty buns + fries)..really satisfied with the portion & quality of the food..very fresh tilapia & dory..delicious crispy fries..freshly made coleslaw..affordable combo meals offered (main course+fries+coleslaw+dessert+ice tea) for less than php300 only (average price in D'Mall area)..service was excellent..very fast wifi connection..we love it!

4  Thank f_kazin
velvet94, Owner at Tilapia 'N Chips, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Thank you so much for your comments. We' re so happy you love our food. Hope to see you again in your next visit here in Boracay!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I tried fish & chips at several different places during my stay in Boracay, and this place had the best, and some of the biggest portion sizes. The prices are about average for Boracay (so, a little pricy for my backpacker tastes) but it's a really good value. I also tried the grilled chicken sandwich here, and it was very good.

2  Thank Jason A
velvet94, Owner at Tilapia 'N Chips, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Thanks Jason. We're happy that you find our fish & chips the best in Boracay. We only use the best high quality ingredients in our food and we make sure we get the customer total satisfaction by giving you guys good portion. Hope to see you again here in the near future. All the best!

-Cath & Mart

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Admittedly I've never eaten inside of the restaurant but I have had delivery. The food is delivered in a timely manor & arrives hot & fresh. I'd have to vote it to be the best burger in Boracay. A nice bun, good quality beef cooked properly, very fresh veggies, & a side of mayo & ketchup. Fries are extra crispy & delicious. If in the mood for a burger this one is hands down the Best on the island!

2  Thank taylorgdoug