“Tuna pesto melt is to die for!”
Review of Gusto y Gustos

Gusto y Gustos
Ranked #70 of 313 Restaurants in Boracay
Cuisines: European
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Somewhere in the alleys of Station 2 (near la carmela), you will find a small, intriguing restaurant called Gusto y Gustos.

This resto has always aroused my curiousity and therefore one rainy day, I decided to come in and ask for a tuna sandwich. It was the best decision I made that day! I LOVE THEIR TUNA PESTO MELT!

They have good selection of wines and cheeses which I will defo try when I come back to Boracay!

I would suggest that you find this place and try for yourself! It is on the alley in front of Fabulous 50's Cafe.

Universaltraveler09, Manager at Gusto y Gustos, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Thank you for dropping by. The tuna pesto melt is one of our best sellers and we are glad you enjoyed it. We hope you can visit us again on your next trip to the island.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

One year later, i returned at boracay. i went to "gusto y gustos", this time at night.Continue as the other store with good selection of wines ( is philippines...), about the restaurant at night is really good, specially the > PATE and TORTILLA very good, Croquetas ( blue chesse ), made cocktails. The restaurant is not cheap but really good moments you can enjoy.Really is diferent than Boracay foods. If you like taste spain food is perfect, BUT if you are in boracay is esential SEAFOOD.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

One word - delicious !!
Once I found this place it became my daily lunch! Great fresh bread, tuna melt with fantastic pesto ! Just beside where we were staying at La Carmela and steps from the beach! I was only sorry I didn't try it sooner ! Highly recommend !!

1  Thank OrlaghMarie
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is a real very nice discovery in boracay. Is a "Delicatessen" as you can find in Spain or Italy, with small selection of good cheese, ham, bread and wines.
Do you like good breakfast, YOU HAVE. Do you like a 'brunch", is OK too.

The store is not big but really very nice, diferent than the philippines food, fast food or chinese food.If you like or like taste mediterranean style ... GO.

The dissapoint is the girl take the money after prepare or give to you the foods, this point need find a solution because is not safe. Many people perhaps think... but is Boracay... YES. this store really is to excelence so they need solve this inconvenience.

If you like feel as Spain go to GUSTO. The people give to you good service.

1  Thank MAU1967
Universaltraveler09, Manager at Gusto y Gustos, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

First off, on behalf of the owner and staff of Gusto y gustos, I apologize for the unsatisfactory handling of your meal and thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your input is important to us and we are currently re training our staff in proper food handling.
We are glad that you enjoyed the deli and the food we serve and we look forward to serving you in your next visit to Boracay.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

After a couple of weeks at Boracay, we had grown tired of the typical tourist food that is served everywhere. I generally try out the local food when arriving to a new country, but its really hard to find any food with even a bit of authenticity on the island. So we decided to at least get something that we were used to from home for breakfast one day, thus tried out Gusto y Gusto.

It was nice to find a typical Western European deli, with good clean sandwiches and nice coffee. The bread was really fresh, and seemed like it was baked just an hour ago before serving.

The service in the counter was so so, the waitress was rather chatting with the rest of the staff then focusing on the customers. When I was paying, I had to hold out the money to her for over a minute, before I realized that she was busy talking to her friend, so I waited with paying until she decided to give me her attention again. Nice customer service. Not. ;)

But overall, the place is really nice if you get home-sick and wants something familiar on your vacation.

1  Thank Magnus L