“Has seen better days”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2013

It was a good restaurant in times past. Not any more, The food quality has deteriorated. the staff look bored and are slow and inattentive. You don't get what you pay for. One visit is enough.

There are newer reviews for Red Coconut Beach Restaurant

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is one of our fave resto in Bora...my bf's unforgettable resto! We love their foods esp. at dinnertime. Grilled blue marlin and chips the best!!!! with matching jolly and lively staff at the bar dancing where passersby stopped and watched them! ha ha ha.....Thanks to Kat and Babes. We Love U guys <3

1  Thank 314Haha
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Absolutely loved my dinner experience at Red Coconut. I ordered the fish fillet and king prawn special, plus a mango daiquiri, and received a complimentary cream of mushroom soup. The service was brilliant, and the evening was made even more special with the live music entertainment provided. Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We saw the place being set up for Valentines dinner after we had our massage by the beach. They didn't accept reservations for that day. We made sure we came early to have a nice table nearest to the shore. We ordered lobsters in the menu they gave us and some items on the seafood display. 30minutes later my food arrived fresh from the seafood display but the lobster was not there so I asked. Apparently the lobster on the menu is not available but there are lobsters on the seafood display. The lobster on the menu is priced cheaper than the seafood display. Go figure. My fiancé went to the seafood display to check on the lobsters and he was asking if they can replace the rice with french fries. They said they couldn't but they have fries on their menu. If they said that there will be additional charge because obviously fries are pricey than rice, thats ok, but they didn't. So we just canceled our orders and moved to another restaurant.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Feb 15, 2013

My family decided to have brunch at this restaurant since it seemed like a cozy place with a good view of the beach. We ordered the spring rolls, pizza and pesto pasta. The food was nothing special and the prices were not reasonable. Also, the staff was unprofessional - Incidents as follows:
1. Had to call wait staff more than once before someone actually approached our table
2. Staff pretended not to see me calling their attention
3. Staff prefers to serve foreigners over Filipinos
4. When I asked for the bill, a gay waiter walked by me and headed to a lady foreigner standing outside the restaurant... the foreigner even had to tell the waiter that he should attend to me first because I called him before she did. The waiter turned and said "Ano po?" (What is it?). When I asked for the bill, he looked for a co-worker and shouted "Bill, table....!"

Sad that we had to experience this on the first day and stop of our vacation.

I will never go back to this place again.