“Best refined cuisine in Boracay”
Review of Alchemy

Alchemy
Ranked #188 of 307 Restaurants in Boracay
Cuisines: Filipino
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Best refined cuisine in Boracay”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Absolutely loved it! My wife son and I dined at Alchemy last night, and the restaurant exceeded our expectations. This was one of the finest meals I've enjoyed in a couple years. We began with the Asian fish cakes, which got the ball rolling nicely. Two decent sized cakes were served next to a red-peppery spinach salad. The salad could have been crisper, but that oversight was more than overcome by the beautiful flavors in the cakes. For our mains, I had flaky delectable grouper resting in a wonderful dill sauce, my wife two perfectly cooked tuna fillets. Both dishes were beautifully presented and uniquely mouth watering. We enjoyed them so much, we decided to keep going, ordering up the squid and sea urchin ravioli, which were cooked perfectly al dente but could have had a bit more filling inside. Overall, I highly recommend Alchemy as lone island of top class cuisine in a sea of, at best, overpriced mediocrity.

• Korean first
Metro Manila, Philippines
“Unexpected Gastronomy”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The Chef here really is top notch and you kind of dont expect that from such a simple location- so prepare to be amazed!

Visited June 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Very nice”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We had the fish cakes with all of the provided sauce, tuna and grouper and all were delicious! We sat on the beach with happy hour beers and a glass or two of wine and really enjoyed our dining experience. The portions were a little small for the price but very tasty. If you are looking for healthier, non-greasy fare like I was, I definitely recommend this place!

Brisbane, Australia
“Above average”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We atentherenin early June 2012 based on the TA reviews. Had no complaints about the food or the service . The pear and rocket salard was presented in a large sea shell which was a nice touch. The fish cakes were very tasty and the mains up to expectations. All in all good value for money and the food more up market than most place on White Beach

• Visited June 2012
Ventura, California
“Refined dining in white beach”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Just along the busy path of white beach, this restaurant offers decent western dining.
Mango Cocktail and (possibly)Mojito were fabulous. Flavour of fruits were well exploited.
Bread at the beginning is very well baked with crispy surface and fragrant inside assorted with aromatic butter.
Rizotto was authentically prepared with refined seasoning.
Overall, I think the cooking staffs at this restaurant are very well talented.
Nevertheless, I expected the improvements in two fold:
White wine was out of stock at 19:00, which was the result of the mismanagement of the inventory.
The stink of fish; I orderd fried Mahi Mahi, was not well under the control possibly due to either the quality of cooking or freshness of ingredient.

• Visited April 2012