“Meh”

Cork Wine Room Boracay
Cuisines: American, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Boracay's first and only wine bar.We offer over 50 wines by the bottle, as well as a nice selection of wines by the glass. In addition, we offer a wide selection of international cheeses, charcuterie, and savory dips.CORK BRINGS A GREAT WINE LIST AND INCREDIBLY, DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE CUISINE TO BORACAY ISLAND. We are open Monday to Saturday 4pm to Late at Cork on the Main Road. To find us... We are located on Boracay's main road in Station 2 outside Regency Lagoon Resort. Just past the road leading to the Talipapa Market.
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Very quiet. Almost too quiet. Visited on an early Tuesday evening. Had the Art Cheese plate and an Italian chianti. Presentation of the cheese plate was very appetizing. Wine was very pleasant. Room was very warm and inviting. But need a little background music and easily accessible bathroom. Location, while away from the hustle of white beach, left something to be desired. Lack of smoking area was missed. Was relaxing.

Toney E, Owner at Cork Wine Room Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

We appreciate your recent review of Cork. I must say the our Art Cheese plate and the Castello Banfi Chianti are a great combination. Our Banfi wine collection is our most prized wine selection at Cork and we’re one of the few on Boracay Island to offer these amazing Italian wines.

But I’m sorry to hear you had a negative experience regarding the rest rooms and the fact that Cork is a non-smoking environment.

We are only lessors of Cork’s space, from Regency Lagoon Resort, and therefore are not allowed to construct our own rest rooms, instead our guest must utilize the ones offered by the hotel. We appreciate your honesty, however, we can only improve on what we have the power to improve.

As far as the non smoking situation, the investors and I decided it best to make our air conditioned environment comfortable for all our guest, and since Cork is such a small wine bar, we dedicated our outside front patio as a smoking area. I do hope you understand.

Please let us know when you'll be back on Boracay island for a visit. We would love to have you back.

As we say back in Texas, “Happy Trails to you, until we meet again”

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Atmosphere is amazing. You are entering from busy Asian street to the little room and feel atmosphere of wine bar. Almost the only place where you can order cheese plate and enjoy with wine pairing. Sometime you want to feel like at your place without a crowd. Should go there.
Special thanks to owner of the bar who creates all the thing there.
For sure keep in mind that's Boracay and variety of wines limited by logistics.

Toney E, Owner at Cork Wine Room Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Elena,

Wow! Thanks for such a great, smiling review. It means a lot to us to read your great comments.

So glad we had the chance to meet you, your friends, and you got the chance to experience our “little wine room off the busy street” and also we loved getting to know more about wine in Moscow!

We worked very hard to build Cork on Boracay island and everyday we want to provide great service that upholds the reputation of a friendly, comfortable bar. I’m so happy that you enjoyed Cork. (btw the Banfi Belnero was amazing we shared)

Safe travels and Cheers!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Cork is so private and quiet, and its away from the maddening crowd of boracay. There is nobody walking by, the atmosphere is TREMENDOUS...i am not really a wine drinker, but after having a wonderful night here, it made me realized that i should get some toast once in a while... I commend Toni the owner of cork:-) and your team for being such an excellent host.Thank you very much its one of my best night in boracay..GodBless

Toney E, Owner at Cork Wine Room Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

David,

Thanks for your review about Cork. We tried to make Cork a different kind of bar on Boracay that everyone can enjoy… a place where anyone can come and have a great evening while escaping the sometimes very busy White Beach crowds. We're right in the middle of the island, yet we’re happy to have a small, quiet private place to relax and “unwind”.

We’re looking forward to seeing you again really soon and having that “toast” to the good life.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

My husband and I got married in Boracay and held a private event the night before for our friends and family. From the start Toney was extremely helpful in assisting us to plan this event and select our wines. It is clear he is passionate about wine and was honest about his favorites without trying to upsell me, which having worked in the restaurant/bar industry at home, I really appreciate.

The wine bar had such great ambiance and I was really surprised to find something like this in Boracay. Our guests had a blast, raved about the incredible wines and loved all the meats and cheese chosen. It was a perfect night and really affordable. I am so glad we found this place and am so thankful for the team at Cork in making the event go smoothly and taking such great care of our guests. I will definitely recommend to friends and be back in the future!

Monique,

Thanks for the smiling review. It was truly a pleasure hosting the wine event before your wedding. I do agree with you that it went very well and everyone enjoyed themselves. What a great evening!

We worked hard to build Cork with a great ambiance and strive everyday to provide great service that upholds the reputation of a good wine bar. I’m so happy you found us and proud that we were part of your wedding events here on Boracay island.

Please do come see us on your next visit to the Philippines!

Thanks again my fellow American,

Reviewed February 8, 2014

A wonderful, welcoming little place with a great staff and a relaxing atmosphere. I had a cheese plate that was delicious and unexpectedly good given that it's in Boracay (a tiny island where everything has to be carried in by boat). Definitely one of my favorite places in Boracay.

Rick,

Thanks for popping in Cork that evening and thank you for taking time to drop us a review here.

I’m happy you enjoyed our little wine bar and we truly enjoyed spending the evening with you. During your visit, we were training a new staff member, John, and you were very patient and understanding during the training. It didn’t go un-noticed. Here at Cork we feel like were family and you fit right in with us. I hope to see you again soon and next time we will try add the almonds on our Art Cheese plate.

Happy travels!