The Beach House Boracay
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
The Strand(Boracay)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstrike ridedeluxe room with balconyaccommodating staffdecent sizewould stay againwifi connectionair confew stepssandstationbeachmicroteltransfershore
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2013

If you want a quiet private-beach-like place to stay, this is good. It is exactly beach front and not too many tourists and activities going on around this hostel. Nice beach view from the balcony in the room. I fall alseep and wake up to the sound of waves. The staff are super friendly. And they provided me breakfast even it said no breakfast when I booked the hostel.

There is no restaurant in this hostel, if you need to eat, you have to go to hotels next door to buy food. No kettle in the room and not even bottles of water provided, you have to buy it at the front desk. The worst part is a lot of lizards and mosquitos come to the room, even I closed the windows and had the air-conditioning on.

Room Tip: Get the room with beach view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Our stay was okay. But we could have chosen a better hotel. The hotel staff were very friendly and accomodating, however there are some major flaws in the whole appearance of the resort. There was no proper guest entrance, we go to the same entry point for staff and other visitors, the front desk is literally just a desk in a small open store. The breakfast area was univiting, so they gave us an option to eat in front of the beach, initially i thought it was okay but then the whole concept of it was awkward. No proper table for eating generally. Just a plain beach bed and improvised table. And the main reason i chose Diniwid area was for a private beach front and away from the crowd, however, i was unlucky enough to experience it besides for privacy, their beach front has a lot of stones. I could have stayed in the isolated area of station 3 where in they have one of the most spectacular beach front in the whole island. I dont really recommend it for a first timer in Boracay especially the island is famous for its powdery white sand, but this is recommended for budget travellers who are just looking for a private beach area.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We decided to book the Beach House cause it was right on the beach even though it´s station 1. The secluded part of Boracay. It is 5 mins ride from D-mall and it is P100 each way. The hotel was kind of a let down cz the pics online seemed really nice. I guess pictures paint a thousand words. When we got there, there was no proper entrance for guests. You either had to go through the staff gate (which was not that nice if you ask me) or have to go all the way to the front of the beach to get to the reception/check-in/store desk. The staff and I assume the owner were really friendly and accommodating. We were assigned to room no.3 which was the unit that was on the front unit (the better units). The rooms were such a disappointment. I mean i didn´t expect much since the price we got the room was very reasonable but it was small and old. I don´t mind small but the sheets were not as clean as I expect hotels should be. To top it all, the sheets had sand. The bathroom was decent. It was clean BUT, the big BUT, the toilet clogged many times. Small room + clogged toilet= disaster. Gross! The next day I had to ask them if we could use another room´s bathroom. If it was not for this I don´t think i would be disappointed as much.

Enough with the bad stuff. The Hotel is not so bad. The BEACH FRONT is WORTH all that. It is nestled in the corner of station 1 so it is amazing. Not much tourist or beach sellers around. The breakfast is pretty good. The usual continental breakfast or Filipino breakfast. My bf and I both preferred the Filipino one. SO yummy and good.They have cable too! That´s a plus for me.

So if you want a quiet, less traffic and a bargain hotel right on the beach...This hotel is pretty money.

Room Tip: Get the units with the beach view. NOt much difference in price but makes a whole difference.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kristineM107
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I am a HUGE fan of the Beach House Boracay. As mentioned in the other postings, its on Diniwid Beach, which is about a 5 minute tricycle ride from D’Mall. I actually PREFERED staying at Diniwid, because Station 1, 2 and the rest of White Beach can be very loud and crowded. This is one of the few hotels that is ACTUALLY ON the beach. I was literally 10 steps from the water’s edge. Not possible at most other hotels.

It’s a good 20-30 minute walk along the beach to the heart of D’Mall (I run 10k 3 times a week, so in decent shape).

The staff is fantastic. Super helpful and accommodating. Feels more like a family bed and breakfast then a hotel. The rooms are old – but doable (don’t spend anytime in your room when you are in Boracay!!) and quite big (mine had a full size dining table!). Breakfast is just eggs, toast and powdered coffee. Not great, but not bad either. No problems with hot water and the wifi works perfectly, even on the beach. The hotel is next to 3-4 other higher end hotels, so you get a higher-end crowd, massages avail on the beach and not many hawkers.

I would STRONGLY recommend this place for families and couples. If you are in Boracay to party, I would still recommend, but know that you are a bit far from the action (that said, just jump in a trike and you are there in 5-10 min).

I paid about $125 per night. This was a GREAT deal considering it was Labour Day weekend and most comparable hotels on the beach were at least $200 per night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the beach.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank McNyke
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I was walking the coast from my hotel at White Beach wondering if I can get to the Puka beach. At Diniwid beach I found Beach House where I moved right after))

What was most important for me: very good Wi-Fi and no problems with hot water. Yeah, it might sound ridiculous but at Boracay u ll see pretty soon that these simple things are difficult to find for reasonable price. yup, if u need air-con (I dnt use it) they have it in all rooms. and u know, there were no mosquitoes in room!

There is a bar and a restaurant just next to hotel so you won`t have to move to white beach unless you wanna party. Food in the restau is excellent. I am dying for their mango cake and bbq chicken!!!

since Diniwid is smth like 20 min fast walking from white beach and sort of hided from it by a mountain, there are less ppl, less sellers, less massage (but old lady Belma is so good that u better try massage:)), and no loud music like at white beach. Nevertheless, if you are interested in any kind of activities (like island hopping etc) just ask someone form staff, they will help you to find best for good price.

btw, just next to the hotel u ll find dive shop. guys there r nice n helpful, gave me advice not only abt diving)

I should add that I am extremely grateful to Jo, Cris, Richard, Arnell, Hitler,Florie and all for making me the part of their big family, for the feeling like I was at home. Guys, I love u! Hope to come back very soon!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo