“Ok for the price”
Review of Taj Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boracay
Taj Guesthouse
Ranked #32 of 181 Specialty Lodging in Boracay
Reviewed May 27, 2014

A pretty basic clean guesthouse with air con and private bathrooms. We paid 2300php a night for 3 of us in one room - double bed and a single bed, it was ok! Wifi doesn't work in the room, and was pretty damp - bed sheets feel a little moist, and air con is noisy. Good location if you want to be central on White Beach though

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I really like staying here at Taj's. Its location is very near everything I need :) For this stay, I got a room at the 1st floor near the reception area. It was a plus that I don't have to go up and down. Whenever I have to get something or ask something from the staff, they are just a few steps from my room, very convenient! The down side though, there's no phone signal nor wifi in our room :( But it's ok, you have to leave your gadgets once in a while to have fun in Boracay :D

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank pass_d_duchy
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I stayed here for Halloween 2013. Got the unit right beside the street. On the first night of staying there, my 2 friends lost their money. Staff didn't even help.

If you're booking this place, make sure to get one not beside the streets. Also make sure to sign a contract or something in black in white in case you lose something. Place is pretty decent, just very disappointed on guest relations.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed at Taj recently, March 22-25 2014 to celebrate our anniversarry. We discovered it through recommendation. For me there's nothing more to ask for in terms of convenience going to places like the beach, D'Mall, bars, souvenir shops because It's so accessible to everything. Adding that it's located at station 2, where the action is. :)

I read lots of different reviews regarding the receptionist not always being present at the lobby, that's so not true. At night kuya Flores watches over the guests when the daytime receptionist is gone. He's so nice he even brought us to this affordable eatery on main road on our first day. He taught us a secret way out to wet market, like a backdoor access. He also offers water and extreme activities at a price that could be bargained

We stayed at annex-b room, the newly renovated part of Taj, the room is clean and so cozy. I'm not sure if it's because the weather is partly rainy when we were at Bora, but without putting the AC to full blast it gave us goosebumps in the middle of the night and it even withstand the heat when the sun is up. :)

Going to the beach is only a walk through the tiny alley, about 40-50 steps. Landmark is the signage of Truly, or Club Manila East. From D'mall the landmark you should look for is Shiennas or Siennas, I forgot how it's spelled, but you know your near Taj when you see their signage.

I like the heavy curtains inside the room, at night it gives a lamp-light effect, only it's darker. I like how the the flat screen Samsung tv hangs on the wall. The pebbled floor of the bathroom. I love the simple elegance of the room interior, it's really homey.

Nothing too fancy about the amenities, as they offer affordable rates of 2000-3000/night, (i think that's same rate with peak season) but you sure will get more than what you paid for. I suggest Taj for those budget conscious, wants the accessibility to everything and wants peacefulness location wise :)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank micaicai
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Booked 2 rooms to accommodate my friends and I for our 4D/3N stay in Boracay. We're 7 in the group and we were given 2 rooms (3E and 3F) in TAJ-Annex Building.

Based on hours of google-ing, TAJ have two buildings: Main Bldg & Annex Bldg. Both are located in the same compound. The Main Bldg will take you to walk less than a minute to the beach while the Annex Bldg will take a minute or two. Since the Annex Bldg is newly built, rooms are newer compared to the rooms in the Main Bldg so plus points for that. I personally prefer the the Annex Bldg for our group since I've read lots of positive feedback regarding that one and happy to say, for a BUDGET accommodation, it did meet my expectations.

Our flight's quite early so when we arrived in Kalibo, I tried calling TAJ to see if we can have an early check-in. Called the numbers given on their site, both landline and the mobile numbers. However, no one's picking up the landline while the mobile numbers are out of reach. When we arrived in TAJ, no one's around in the front desk. We had to wait for few minutes until the girl receptionist showed up and entertained us. That's the only time we had an idea that we're in the Main Bldg. She accompanied us to the Annex Bldg. Apparently, the rooms are still not available so an early check-in isn't possible. She suggested that we leave our bags first, roam around the area and as soon as the rooms are all set, she'll give me a call. That's fine with us but we had to leave our luggage in the reception area since there's no locker room or whatnot. Had to ask quite a number of times if leaving our bags there is safe. Would've been better if there's a room for luggage though.

Good Points:
- Value for Money: If you're on a BUDGET, to shed 2,300 - 3,000 PHP per night is a good deal. Plus, that's a lot cheaper than most hotels around the area.

- Location: You can reach, (1) the beach in a minute or two, (2) DMall in 3 to 5 minutes and (3) Station 1 in 5 to 10 minutes. All that by walking.

- Room Amenities: Flat Screen TV, A/C, Mini Ref, Hot & Cold Shower, Open Cabinet (with hangers), Clothes Dryer Rack, Clean Sheets & Pillows, Towels and Bathroom Soap. No hygiene kits. You'll have to bring your own supply but all in all, basic things you look for in a room are in there.

- Room/s: The rooms, 3E and 3F, given to us were spacious enough to accommodate the entire group (3-4 person/room). There's enough space for everyone including bags/luggage. The rooms are clean, cozy and will definitely remind you of a hotel room. No problem sleeping at night since you're away from the noise and the party craze.

- Bathroom: Water's not a problem, comes with a bidet, spacious, clean...what can go wrong? :)

Low Points:
- No WiFi.
- Receptionist always missing.
- No breakfast or coffee at least.
- Lots of stray cats.

Room Tip: Book rooms in the Annex Bldg since they're new and clean.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank oneflightdown
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Main family room 204 is very spacious and clean with CABLE TV, HOT AND COLD SHOWER, TELEPHONE, WIFI and MINI REF is a plus... You'll also get 10% discount in their spa/massage room....

Location wise, about 3-5 minutes walk to the beach unlike other inns, also near D'Mall and other food resto...

A decent and worthy alternative to other beachfront hotel... i'll recommend this to my friends...

Room Tip: get the main rooms because its near the beach...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jeval3
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My first time in Boracay and stayed here for 3 days with 2 friends. I think our room was 204. Pros: Cheap,Near D Mall, a few steps to the shore, quiet, room is spacious, bathroom with h/c shower and clean, towels and bed sheets are neat, WIFI is visible in the room, there is refrigerator in the room which is nice. cons: Receptionist always missing, Room not so clean when we arrived, sands were all over the floor I even borrowed the broom however the staff initiate to clean the floor. Overall its good and I will recommend this to friends.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends