“Budget friendly guesthouse”
Review of Taj Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boracay
Taj Guesthouse
Ranked #53 of 167 Specialty Lodging in Boracay
Antipolo
“Budget friendly guesthouse”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Me and my family stayed last oct 2011. I can say the room is ok, with mini ref, aircon , tv and most especially hot and cold shower. I get a two double bedroom for only 2k/night -no breakfast included. Im got disappointed on this guesthouse for their receptionist is 80% of the day, she is not on her place... on our 2nd day, we have to wait for an hour to ask for a hot drinking water for our coffee and milo of my kids. And they never change linens and clean the room every day. You have to advice their receiptionist to clean it (after waiting for her for an hour hehehe).
Overall I will still recommend this guesthouse as my Cons are workable and manageble. In fact im considering it again when we travel back to boracay this december 2012 :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Makati
Reviewed March 19, 2012

It was my first time to stay in this guesthouse (annex building) and I must say that, so far, this is the best place I've stayed at in Boracay. The room is very very clean, cozy and comfortable. It is way above the average "guesthouse" quality but the price is very competitive. On a peak season, I got my room for 2 for only two thousand pesos per night. They have hot/sold shower, a big flatscreen TV with cable and fully functional air conditioning unit.

I stayed in the annex building but I heard that the main building is better, that's also closer to the beach. But if you're planning ti stay here, you'd have to reserve way ahead of time, as they are normally very busy.

Room Tip: Main room 101
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Philippines
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I've been to Boracay for about 14-15x now since 2002, and i've stayed in this guesthouse for about 10x already for the past 3 years since my 1st. Though it lacks amenities you often find in a hotel like swimming pool/jacuzzi, good dining area, etc, still, there rooms almost has the basic necessities for a decent & comfortable room, including wifi service; bed linens & towels are clean & pillows are comfortably soft. The management (Mr. Mike/Ms Joan) readily replies to my inquiries, through SMS or email, and so far everything has been very good for me staying in this guesthouse. Breakfast is included, delivered in your room. It's located few steps away from D'Mall and most importantly from the pristine white sand beach of Boracay. I come here for the finest white sand beach of this island, which i haven't seen in some other places/countries i've been to, and for that, one doesn't need the finest hotel (& its amenities) to relax...

Room Tip: Rooms at the main building are closer to the beach. I like Rm 101 & 102, each has veranda. Newer...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank oxymind
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 7, 2011

If you are on a budget I would recommend Taj, the room was okay for the price and the location is near D Mall.

Down side is after making reservation they do not respond to queries anymore, which is disappointing and very bad customer service. I inquired about the land transfer arrangement since we have an infant with us I don't want any hassle figuring out how to get there from Kalibo and got no response.

Another disappointment is their laundry service, I lost my rash guard and all they can say is they cannot find it and that's it, no effort.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boracay
La Carmela de Boracay
#82 of 147 in Boracay
MNL Boracay Beach Hostel
MNL Boracay Beach Hostel
#3 of 167 in Boracay

Been to Taj Guesthouse? Share your experiences!