“you HAVE to do this”

Tribal Adventures Day Tours
Ranked #35 of 60 Tours in Boracay
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: The only truly Indigenous Filipino Eco Tour in Boracay: Experience the true Philippines with Tribal Adventure Tours. Tribal Adventures tours are located in Sand Castles Resort located at Boat Station 2 close to Starbucks. Tribal Adventures offers daily white water rafting/kayaking trips down the Antique coast line where the mountainous jungles meet the ocean. Our base Kayak Village is located in the mountainous region of Mount Madja-as in Tiboa, only a 1.5 hour trip from Boracay. With Tribal Adventures you will witness the intricate ecosystems of the jungles, river systems and take part in the daily life styles of the local population with this unique experiences. om Vancouver Canada and South Africa.
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“you HAVE to do this”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Me and my fiancee were in Boracay last November and i saw the sign to do the tribal adventure I was super keen so we met with Darcy and he told us soem information about the day. we decided to go and may i say it was the best idea ever we saw a side of the phils we would have never seen.
we were in the jungle with the locals everything down the the good was excellent the people the food the view the fun the waterfalls just everything.

we have just booked flights back in December and are def doing a overnight tour
danielle + michael

Visited November 2012
4 Thank daniellemichael_22

Boracay, Philippines
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“In my Top 10 of most memorable days!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

After 18 months of living on this island, and with friends visiting from the UK, I finally got my butt in to gear and signed up for the Trekking and White Water Kayaking Tour. I can't believe I've left it so long to take this amazing trip and I'm still smiling 3 days later.

D'Arcy Kelly, who runs the tours (and Tribal Bar on White Beach), fully prepped us the night before, explaining what the tour involved and only slightly terrifying my friend and I. The next morning we were up at 6am and picked up outside my friends hotel, travellling across to the mainland. We stopped off for fuel, a comfort break, and to meet the mimicking bird at the petrol station, which had us enthralled for a good 10 minutes, before heading on to a small seaside town to visit the wet market and pick up the ingredients that were served as delicious dishes throughout the day.

On arrival at base camp we ate a gorgeous breakfast of roasted eggplant and eggs before setting off for the trekking part of the tour. The views from base camp were stunning, with the vibrant greens of the rice terrace across the valley, the river that we would later be kayaking and the local children on their walk to school.

The trekking took us to a local village first, with picturesque scenes of beautiful children waving from their windows and caribous chilling in the streams, then out across the valley with views of the surrounding mountains and jungle. D'Arcy and Rraul pointed out local plants and insects, explaining how they were harvested and how they appear later in the season. My friend's children were amazed to see the pineapples growing up from the ground, the peanut seedlings, chocolate and coffee trees but the it was the views across the valley, the mountains and the rice terraces that just took our breathe away as well as the sight of the majestic Philippine Eagle swooping and soaring above.

The waterfalls were stunning and deliciously cool after the heat of the sun. Each of us climbed up, receiving step by step instructions from the guides and wallowed in the pool of water at the top before climbing back down and jumping in to the bottom pool. Gerry, the 'driver' entertained us with acrobatics of his own, having previously been a circus performer and then it was off back to base camp for another meal.

After a short rest we took instruction on how to kayak on the grass before heading down to our kayaks and the training pool. Once D'Arcy and Rraul were satisfied that we'd all mastered the basic skills needed we headed off for the first set of rapids. We tackled each rapid in sections and there were guides every paddle of the way, there to guide, steer and rescue us if we fell in. As D'Arcy had previously advised, everyone needs to fall in at least once, so they realise that they're safe and will be rescued quickly, and each person in the party was happy to oblige. My friend was so happy to oblige she insisted in taking a dunking at every section.

The rapids were exhilarating and the sense of achievement at the end of the day is something that can't be surpassed. We returned to the base camp, with Blackie the Black Labrador, bringing up the rear, to another meal of chicken and mango salsa salad wrapped in lettuce leaves and mango and pineapple for dessert.

Whilst eating, the big cauldrons of water were being prepared for us and the mountain bikes brought out ready for some more fun. However, we opted to just take our drinks with us for a wallow in the steaming hot water, which washed away all the dirt and muck from our day and relaxed any aching muscles.

We all agreed that this tour is one of our top 10 most memorable moments in life. My friends daughter had just turned 13 and said that this tour was the best day of her life. We all spent the day with the biggest smiles plastered across our faces, we'd pushed the boundaries of our comfort zone and had a brilliant time doing it.

Big thanks to D'Arcy, Rraul and the guides at Base Camp for an amazing day, fabulous food and the great fun that we had with them all.

If you visit Boracay, factor in at least one day to take a tour with Tribal Adventures, I'm already planning on taking the two day tour as I just did not want to leave at the end of the day; it just won't take me so long next time!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Trudy A
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The best day spent in the best place ever!!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Travelling solo to Boracay during Chinese New Year week probably wasn't the best idea ever, and after a few days spent roasting on a perfect beach, with perfect weather and cheap drinks, the situation was a bit boring. So I decided to look for this tribal adventure thing I had read on trip advisor about, and after receiving a few information by the guy who was then to be our tour guide, Rraul, I joined the trekking + kayak 1 day tour. I found it quite expensive but it sounded good and decided to give it a try. After a short while I received a detailed email containing all the information i needed about the trip, and also the invitation for a drink to get to know the group of people I'd be joining the day after. They didn't show up unfortunately, but I appreciated the idea of trying to create the group before the event actually took place. The trip fee included everything from moment one, tricycle to the harbor, ferry, one hour and more van ride to the jungle, food, drinks....everything! We stopped on the road to a very small but typical wet market to shop for food and drinks and we finally reached the kayak site in the jungle. What to say...amazing! Two bungalows totally built in bamboo perfectly kept and clean, animated by a lively, huge family of locals of all ages who were to be our porters/guides/life saviors for the day. We started our trekking in the jungle (through rice fields, villages, pineapple and coffee plants, all pointed at and explained to us by our tour guide, Rraul) towards the waterfalls, where we had the chance to climb the fall walls with ropes, dive from the rocks, and enjoy a hell of a fun, together with the porters, whose smiles were infectious and looked like they were enjoying the trip more than us! After that we went back to the hut, had a quick soup before the main meal of the day, the kayaking experience. The three of us were all at our first attempt at kayaking, but it was clear that safety was the primary concern of Rraul and the porters, who actually spread themselves IN the river, ready to catch us whenever we went out of control. Those guys are young but really expert of the river, extremely careful and attentive, but smiling all the time thus making even the unsuccessful moments funny and nothing to be ashamed of! then we went back to the bungalows again and had a proper lunch, followed by an extremely relaxing time in the hot tubs...In the whole it was a perfect day, well timed (although we were supposed to have another short trekking session, but our group was not very prone to walking and the time was best spent splashing around ), funny, relaxed and thoroughly well organized. I really also appreciated the fact that they involve in the business many locals giving them jobs they seem to really enjoy. Definitely an experience worth trying! I would have actually liked to join the two day activity, but unfortunately it was not programmed during my stay. Maybe next time I go to Boracay, or to Palawan!

Visited February 2013
N.B
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great Concept, but lacking real punch!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The sign Hike+Bike=Schools caught my eye on the crowded beach walk in Station 1.
We signed up for the day trip of hiking, and mountain biking. Tribal Adventure offered river kayaking also but we opted for the mountain biking. It was expensive at $125 US each, but my husband and I are both teachers, so we thought this was a nice cause....and we desperately wanted away from the Boracay crowd for a day.
The morning was to bring an hour and 15 minutes van ride to the Kayak Inn, with a stop to shop a local market for our food. We were over an hour late getting started as other people who signed up to go kept us waiting.
The market was authentic and a great picture taking opportunity. My husband and I purchased lots of vegetables to add to the soup at Kayak Inn. The locals were appreciative of our business and gave us lot's of smiles!
Our hike to the waterfalls was short, (1.5 kms) We expected the hike to be longer, but it was very beautiful.
HIKING: Our group where not seasoned hikers and much slower.....so my husband and I ended up hiking alone without our English Speaking guide. We reached the waterfalls, had a swim, redressed and were heading back by the time they caught up. It might be fun to say that we are almost 50, and by far older then they were!

On our own now, my husband and I met some locals, had a visit to the school with all the village children and enjoyed some great photo opportunities. This was definitely a highlight! The group eventually returned.
BIKING: The bikes were good, the route was about an hour long. It was hard and challenging.......we passed villages, crossed rivers, climbed up and down narrow mountain dirt roads.
The food was excellent!
The van driver drove carefully.(this is not always the case)
Cawa tubs were a lot of fun!
Our guide was excellent but pulled in a few directions with other needy clients who deviated from our agenda with zip-lining.....leaving us waiting yet again.

We were never told how much(if any) of our hike+bike=school fee's went to schools.
If indeed a nice portion of our $250 cost for two people was donated to a school I would say this was a good cause, a good day of adventure and fun and good value.
Even the fact that I am doubting that money actually goes to schools indicates that there needs to be more info provided to people who sign up.

Visited January 2013
El Paso, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Just happened to hear about this trip when we were having some drinks at the bar. So glad we stumbled upon this.
It was just my boyfriend and I that went with some other tourists. The whole trip felt as though we were all good friends. It was so relaxed.
When we got to the site, we first made rice the traditional way, then we did the white water rafting. It was my first time and I was scared, but the guides were so good. They would even jump into the water and direct the canoe. It was such a blast. After that we had some lunch. The food was delicious. Then we had a jungle trek and climbed up some waterfalls and got to spend some time swimming and jumping into the water. The best part was coming back and relaxing in a hot tub with some drinks.

Always think back to this as the best part of our trip!

Visited August 2012