Crown Regency Resort & Convention Center
Coast(Boracay)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswang shan lohuge wave poolbig hotelgarden viewchoose this hotelboracay tripnice poolpool sidedeluxe roommain beachoceanariumpasswordgmtricycleshangpaxcoz
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Got a massive surprise when I was taken to this hotel. It's several hundred meters away from beautiful Boracay beach as it's located on the main road. Yes, they have a wave pool and slide (which wasn't working when we were there) but still doesn't compare to actually being directly in front of boracay beach! The other crown regency is on the beach! Anyway, the staff were friendly enough however our rooms had a terrible stale air conditioner smell that could made trying to sleep there almost impossible. We tried to stay away from staying in our rooms for more than a few minutes because of the stench. Needless to say, I won't be making the same mistake and booking this place.
Breakfast was the only highlight of our stay with its themed aquarium look but still not enough for us to have a positive stay in this place.

Room Tip: Don't stay close to the wave pool... Makes massive siren noise just before they turn the wave machine on!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
CrownRegencyHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Regency Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear Jan D,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel here on Trip Advisor. It is through the honest feedback of our guests that we are able to further improve our services as a hotel.

It saddens us to hear that our amenities did not meet the standards that you so rightly have upon staying at a Crown Regency hotel. Our Crown Regency Resort and Convention Center has a completely different atmosphere from our other Crown Regency Hotels in Boracay as it is meant to be experienced along with our water park facilities.

With this it is our regret that we were not able to follow up on your stay so as to see if you were completely satisfied as we would have been able to accommodate a request for a change of hotel venue if room availability permitted it, to address your booking of the wrong Crown Regency Hotel.

We have also shared your feedback regarding the air conditioner and the departments concerned are currently investigating the issue.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that may have been caused to you and your traveling party during your stay with us. We hope that you will reconsider staying with us once again on your next visit to Boracay.

The Crown Regency Management

Reviewed May 8, 2014

The troubles began when we arrived at the other Crown Regency (Beach Resort) where our reservations were and they told us that there was a mix up and we were booked for the Resort & Convention Center. Even after showing them our reservation they still told us we had no choice but to go to this place.

For starters, nothing in the whole place worked. The WiFi was in and out and only available in the lobby. The wave pool and waterslide were not in use. The power kept going in and out (somewhat reasonable though considering it was a holiday weekend and it was at capacity). Our doors either didn't shut properly or didn't open at all.

Worst of all, the service was non-existent. Though the staff were exceptionally polite and friendly, nothing was ever done about any of our grievances and there was no effort to make things right on what was a pretty huge screw-up.

The breakfast buffet was really sub-par (no bacon!?) and in general it was one of those "nothing here works as it should" kind of experiences.

I'll give the hotel the benefit of the doubt for basic services as it was seriously crowded and chaotic across the entire island. I could see this being a nice place to stay with the family on a weekend or week when there aren't so many people around. But our experience was close to terrible.

The hotel does get points for the convenience store, which has EVERYTHING.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank DavidinChina13
Reviewed May 6, 2014

First I don't wanna believed in all the bad reviews until I experienced it. I book 2 nights for penthouse room.Arrived in the lobby around 3pm, the hotel system is not working 'coz of power interruption, ok fine I told them just send me a txt message once ok. After 2 hours were in the lobby again and still cannot check in for the reason that their system was down. I told the front desk officer that she can coordinate with the house keeping officer for the rooms available anyway they have few penthouse rooms so they can easily determined if there are available rooms. System up and she able to find a room for us. I was so pissed off when I arrived in the room, she put us in the farthest room with a construction sight view. Luckily the house keeping officer was there, I request for a new room which she immediately gave us, another bad experience the aircon was not working. I called house keeping and ask them to check the a/c and told them that after 1 hour if the a/c is still not working they should transfer us to a new room (that was 6pm) several men entered our room to check the a/c and every after 1 hour I called the front desk to check our a/c. Then finally the house keeping officer entered our room that was already 9pm, she decided to transfer us to a new room (good job that's was a quick decision, she should be promoted as a general manager of the hotel). Finally we can rest. Everything is OK but around 12 midnight our phone rang and this front desk girls called us just to ask under who's name the room was registered, I scold her and told her that she can do it tomorrow morning aren't you aware that it's already 12 midnight. (maybe she do it on purpose). I won't recommend you to stay in this hotel. They have the worst service, worst front desk. I bet the manager of this hotel cannot put up a head. Never ever again.

Room Tip: don't stay on the higher floor the elevator is not working.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank nancyvill
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights with my family. They have the worst hotel service. The aircon stopped working for the last twk days and i have two young children under the age of 3. The wave pool and slide were not in use as this is one of the reason i wanted to stay here so my children could enjoy the pool. Its not a great place to stay if you have kids as its not right at the front of the beach and not close to the local markets or stores. The best thing about this hotel is the buffet breakfast. Housekeeping didnt also clean the room properly and when i asked for extra two towels as there are four of us and only provided two they wanted to charge me. But i had booked for four. Not the best hotel if you are looking for great service.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Bad hotel service in all departments. The rooms are big but they look cheap, not worth the price that I paid. Very expensive hotel but not worth it, not a quality hotel. The hotel also smells bad and the construction workers are everywhere. Not worth it. No crown regency hotel is worth your money

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business