“Awesome but something's missing.”

Crown Regency Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #130 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Davao City, Philippines
“Awesome but something's missing.”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Our stay was great. The hotel looks spectacular most especially once inside. The pool looks like a lagoon surrounded by the hotel rooms. The service was excellent and the staff are awesome as well. They even gave us welcome drinks while waiting for our room to be ready. The room's clean, the beds are nice but the construction noise was a bit distracting.The room we were placed at just gave me the creeps though. The facilities especially the wave pool is awesome and we get to enjoy the fire dance near the fountain.

All in all, our stay was great and I think the hotel will be better once the construction is done.

Room Tip: I'd say get the room near the pool area or that has a better view of the beach if you want to wa...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tien Mu Taipei
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Had our summer/school break vacation here last June 10- 13 with my school aged kids. They loved the swimming pools, the dancing fountains at night,the Koi pond at the breakfast room and the Food! The staff are friendly specially a young waitress during breakfast who loves to mingle with my kids and my kids just love her as she gives them genuine personal service and always with a smile! They were sad to say good bye to her. There was a 24/7 convenience store near the lobby. The down side was it was a bit a far walk to the beach, but it was ok everybody were walking around to the beach anyway. And the convenience store was a bit high priced. There was no wify/ internet access inside the room and the room although still looks quite fine, shows signs of wear and tear. Plus since we booked our rooms online they did not give us a choice of room! Our balcony looked over a dark stairwell where my husband had jokingly spooked two noisy teenagers staying on the other building via the stairwell. We were relieved to know it was not only us who found our view rather spooky. As much as we want a room with a view, it is safe to assume that since we are only "balikbayan" the management's priorities were to give them to "real" foreigners. But anyway we had fun and can not wait to go back in the near future.

Room Tip: Make sure to call ahead of time before your booking to make sure you get a room with the wave pool v...
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed here last week and we enjoyed it! My children enjoyed the Wave Pool plus the water slides in the kiddie pool. The room is nice, with a separate bath and shower stall. Only wish that they thoroughly clean rooms and outdoor area. Staff were friendly, but they allow their staff to smoke in front of hotel which doesn't look nice to me. Wifi is free in lobby but it was so slow! My children likes the Aquarium in their driveway looking up and there was a tiger and parrots in the lobby too. Sadly, their if aquarium is not opened yet when we check in.

Room Tip: Choose rooms near pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Whengciecai
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Outstanding staff assistance. Great rooms and amenities. Liked the bathroom lit glass walls to silhouette person in shower - you can turn it off for privacy. Wave pools and slide can make my kid come back from Puka Beach. Five-foot arapaima aquarium as you enter the lobby makes it one-of-a-kind and great conversation starter. Bit too pricey but got a great Metro deal out of it. Would definitely come back as its in Station Two.

• Stayed July 2013
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 1, 2013

There is so much that I liked and disliked about the hotel. Good stuff first: relatively large room (by Boracay's standards) with tub and your own private terrace; kid-friendly hotel, with kiddie pool and wave pool; water activities to fill your day, like wave ride and wave-pool surfing and a lot more activities will soon open for both guest and walk-in customers; and relative well-priced rooms if you know where to book.

Not so desirable stuff: our aircon was definitely not cold enough, the maintenance guys were quick enough to come but didn't solve the problem; hot water isn't as hot as you would expect from a hotel; it's 5 minutes walk from the beach, my ideal stay in Boracay is along the beach area; and the hotel can get very crowded when large meetings/convention is held there.

Room Tip: If you can book in advance, Groupon vouchers or even Agoda prices are a lot cheaper than published r...
Incheon, South Korea
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I totally disagree negative comments below, for me its very excellent service as the same as we've been check in, in the other 5stars hotel.

first, were very hesitant to choose this hotel for the negative comments from my friends but we still choose it coz my kid saw it on sports unlimited so that's why and were already keep in mind that there something might something inconvenience during our stay but overall stay was very very good like the wave pool, the 24 hour convenient store , very close to d talipapa, and the rooms were so very spacious...over all very excellent

Room Tip: choose pool view rooms, but we paid for an additional coz first our room is a garden view, but worth...
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I usually spend our Summer vacation in Boracay, but our recent trip was made more special because it was the first time my son, a five year old boy, will be joining us. It was also the first time I booked Crown Regency Resort & Convention Center.

My only complaint is the room that they gave us. Other than that, the facilities exceeded our expectations.

About the room, I'll enumerate the few things my meticulous wife had noticed:

1. There are worms! I dont know where they came from but we found one in the bathroom and another in the bedroom floor.

2. There are cracks in the walls! I don't know if they constructed the damn place properly.

3. The room is so far from the lobby! My wife was afraid of getting lost.

4. And one more thing, the hotel is a little bit far from the beach so you have the option to walk or rent out a tricycle.

The good things about the place? Well I did notice my son enjoy the pool and the bath tub.