“Need to sort reception staff out!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Regency Resort & Convention Center

Crown Regency Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #131 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Perth
“Need to sort reception staff out!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Hotel is great rooms are big, beds are comfy aircon is strong but the staff were a nightmare. Around 20 of them stand behind the reception check in but only 2 of them can do the job. It was a busy day but it was choas and very frustrating after making the trip to boracay and then waiting for them. So service is very poor. The wave pool is over rated. You can't catch the waves and of you have kids who want to swim its a little dangerous and strong against the walls. If there are lessons going on then they get priority and the instructors tell you to move. The water is warm and doesn't feel clean so yes wouldn't recommend this hotel for its pool! We didn't eat the breakfast as we were too hung over so can't recommend.

Room Tip: The juior suite was lovely and spacious for families or two couples but too much room for two people...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I had read reviews previously that there was part of the hotel was still under construction, but that didn't bother me...until I stayed.

It took them about 25mins to find our booking, calling agoda.com etc, and finally they brought us to our room. Walking to our room, I noticed an unfinished lift, lack of lighting, but didn't think anything of it. After being showed to our room it hit me...it's unfinished! The door handle still had masking tape marks, the shower didn't have the glass guard installed yet (there was cement fittings on the ground where it would go), and other small things suggested it wasn't finished (eg. the phone didn't have the room number in the 'room number' space).

I did like the big shower and the bath, but you can't enjoy it because...no hot water!!! For the two days we stayed, it peak at 'slightly warm' water. I called the front desk and told them my room is unfished, and they tried to sell it to me by saying "no it's one of our newer rooms". Unfinished doesn't mean new!

The pool is great fun, and the hotel is only about 2min walk to the beach. This place has the facilities to be a 5-star resort, but so many things just stop it from getting there. Beds are hard, they don't provide blankets (I called and was told it would cost me to have a blanket!!), and plenty of other little things.

This place needs to finish furnishing the rooms before booking them.

Room Tip: Ask for an 'old' room aka finished room!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ed S

Travelers are raving about these Boracay hotels

Luzon, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Don't be deceived by the marketing and features of this hotel..they are the worst in management...They over booked and blamed it on us and Agoda for it. We waited 7 long hours for our room just to be given unfinished rooms with open ceiling manholes, no shower doors, open cabinets, no light source in the 2nd level, wires hanging in the tub area,dusty room,torn sofas,defective bathroom door locks,exposed tubing for the ACU..to add to this horrible experience, the general manager a certain Mr.Marciano De Gamo III--see link to view his photo, was the worst general manager ever!! unapologetic, arrogant , and dismissive of client's concerns. He even had the guts to walkout on us while we were talking and settling our arguments with him. All these happened on new year's eve andnew year's day...it is not only us who experienced such inconvenience but a lot of foreign visitors who flew in all the way to boracay and spent thousands of dollars for the new year's revelry just to be ruined by this Hotel.. For e a detailed account with supporting pictures of our horrible horrible experience pls check this link: http://is.gd/nightmarehotel

Room Tip: check out the room first before agreeing to stay in it....you might just be surprised that it is an...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Incheon, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Very crowded hotel, a lot of us are waiting upon checking in....big rooms with 2 double queen size bed... my room is overlooking at the pool, my kids was very happy for the wave pool..just short walk to the beach takes 5mins, there is allied bank in front of the hotel and a 24hr convenient store..breakfast was very good...

Room Tip: short walk to d'talipapa...shopping area and seafood resto..
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed in Crown Regency Resort & Convention Center from December 29 to January 1, 2013. It was sort of an upgrade because our booking was in Crown Regency in Station 3 beachfront, however, we were transferred to the convention center. Anyway, when we got there to check in, there was some chaos happening as a Korean guy was complaining too loudly that he has been waiting long enough to get a room which he booked ahead. Then a lady at the front desk assisted me and said that the room is not yet ready and even suggested that we take lunch first and be back by 2pm (that was around 1pm); she also gladly gave suggestions on where we could eat. An hour after, we went back and tried to check in. The lady who assisted me earlier was no longer there so someone else assisted me and said that the room is not yet ready so we need to wait. I told her that it was the exact same thing which was said to me, and then I showed her the security deposit receipt issued to me the first time we checked in. She quickly made a call and in about a minute or 2, she said that the room is ready.

Entering the room, it was clean, with 2 double beds and a good view of the pool. The amenities are really nice, the buffet breakfast was filling, most of the hotel staff are nice, and our bottled water was replaced everyday. Although its location is a bit of a concern to me (about a 10-minute walk to the beachfront), it was generally a good experience, except for the checking in part.

Overall, I may still book my stay at ths hotel, but I would still prefer a beachfront accommodation.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have a good view of the pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel was terrible. The service is very bad, the guy at Reception when I was checking in was rude and unhelpful. Basically just gave me the key and that's it. Didn't say anything else! The worst thing was on my first night stay I got woken up by knocking on my door at 3am - who was it? One of the staff! He had towels in his hands and said did you order ask for these? I said no I was fast asleep! Thanks for waking me up at this time! Unbelievable. There is no hot water. The wi fi connection in lobby doesn't work. Staff at the convenience store downstairs are very rude. I gave her a 500 piso note and she said do you have anything smaller? Breakfast was also quite poor. Don't stay here. Terrible.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Traveller9899
baguio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Nice hotel but still needs improvement on its reception area. They should not let their guests wait too long for the clearance of the hotel upon check out especially when they are getting late on their flight. One thing more, some staff do not care of the presence of their guests. We are swimming at their pool when one of their staff cleaning the rooms above of the swimming pool is directing the cleaned dust in the pool which is not unhealthy to do so.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family