“Excellent operation with good personal service.”
Review of Free Willy Diving

Free Willy Diving
Hong Kong, China
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Excellent operation with good personal service.”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had a great experience with these guys over Chinese New Year. From my initial email to Winifried (plus team) to the day of the dive these guys were informative, friendly and had a real 'can do' attitude to ensure that I had a great day's diving. Their shop is easy to find near Boat Station 1 and it also means that it's a very short walk to your boat - some other dive shops are much farther away. When I booked the dive they checked my experience, showed me some dive sites to choose from and most importantly for me they showed me the standard of the equipment. It's all in a very good state and well kept.
Before the dive they told me that they had 3 divers who had dropped out so I could take my wife and 2 young kids on the boat if we liked - at no extra cost. The kids loved it and we were really grateful for that.
My divemaster, Randy, had experience, was friendly and had a good safety first attitude. He explained what we were going to do before each dive, showed topography maps and things that we may see. Really good knowledge and also had good chat while having a coffee between dives.
The price was also very good.
I'd recommend this shop to all.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Keir M
boracay5337, Owner at Free Willy Diving, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
On behalf of Free Willy Diving Team. Thank you for the very helpful feed back.. We really appreciate . We're hoping to give you still the good service in the next more years...

• Korean first
  • Polish first
“Great drive operation”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

This was my first Nitrox experience, it was fantastic the way they manage it.
My son did his first dive, he was very happy.
Very nice place and very nice people.
Thanks

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Diving with a certain "Je ne sais quoi" that will charm everybody!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Well what can I say that hasn't already been said, this little gem is the place to either take your first diving steps or improve your advanced skills. The gear was all pretty new, the prices were the best I could find (and I ask around!) and the coffee is excellent! But what it really boils down to is the charasmatic man himself, Willy, and his outstandingly friendly team. My brother and his girlfriend had dived here earlier in the year and recommended us but even still from the second we met Rey to enquire about prices, there was no hard sell just a keen interest in what we were looking to do and how the outfit could accommodate us. We are advanced divers, we had limited time and were keen to visit Yapak but also interested in a fun dive to get back into the swing of things. No problem. Rey had to deal with a tricky customer on our fun dive and whilst everyone else lost patience and ignored his rantings about how we could all die?! on the dive Rey listened calmly, spoke with experience and without patronising this particular attention seeker which showed his professionalism.

Willy and his team have the superb ability to instantly make you feel like friends and family and thats borne out by the number of actual returning guests from all over the world that you will meet around the breifing table. We were lucky enough to dive with Willy for the deep dives at Yapak, which you can tell he really loves to do, he has a keen eye for detail and will check up with you regularly to ensure you are all ok and after each of our dives he explains what you did well and what you could improve on, which is a real bonus. Back on shore Willy can tell you the best places to eat for your budget and he'll beat you at cards for free! Here you wont feel like a number, you'll be in safe hands and have a great time! I'm proud to wear my "Free Willy Diving" Tshirt.

Emily and James

Visited December 2012
2 Thank small-hp
Manille
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“THE Place for safe, affordable and beautiful dives”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

After almost 10 years of diving in the Philippines, and knowing several other dive spots and shops around this beautiful country, I can really confirm that this is the best value for the money you can find in Boracay.
First of all, Safety is a must (as it should be everywhere, but hmmm...) and all the staff are real professionals who each logged several thousands of dives, which makes you feel very confident when they take care of you.
Then, the admin staff aka "Willy's Angels"! Really more than ordinary secretaries. With them, you are literally pampered and when you return after some months of absence, you have the feeling that you come back to your family.
And so on and on, I could talk for hours to advise any Scuba lovers to go there.
But to make it short, just try it and enjoy!
Cheers, Kuya Ipe

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Philippe_Journau
Singapore, Singapore
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“AMAZING diving with Free Willy!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Wow! Not only a beautiful island with the most amazing beaches, but what a great team to meet and dive with! These guys (Marjorie, Rey and, of course, Willy) make you feel like part of the family before you even arrive! My course was condensed to fit in with my flights, I was picked up from my hotel on the first day, so I knew where to go and I had the same instructor / dive master (Rey) throughout the course - who was excellent. I can't give these guys enough praise for making my trip so memorable. Thank you! Caroline, Hong Kong.

Visited September 2012