“Excellent mid range hotel”

Crystal Sand Beach Resort
Ranked #92 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
sydney
“Excellent mid range hotel”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed in rooms 209 and 201 they are great basic rooms with airconditioning that are kept very clean. Staff are helpful and efficient and the hotel is absolute beachfront. A nice breakfast is included each day

Room Tip: Choose the rooms facing the beach
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank catgirl99Sydney

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed for only one night on 2nd september and I have the highest regards for them. I arrived in the evening and they have put up a great board welcoming my family. I was really impressed by its location , just 20 metre rs from the sea. I booked their deluxe room and it had a beautiful huge balcony overlooking the blue sea and white beach. The staff were so helpful, courteous and well trained. One thing that astonished me was that, when I asked for an Indian Hotel to dine the front office staff Ms.Paz had accompanied my family up to the Hotel. You will not get this service anywhere in the world. In the middle of the night, when I asked for water, the security staff had rushed and bought a mineral water bottle in 2 minutes. Everything about the Hotel is nice. it's very clean, neAt, well located, good staff and I highly recommend for all!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank arunsreeja
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Lovely hotel, amazing location! the view from room 209 is juts breathtaking! Basic decor and facilities, but staff is really helpful and polite, so couldn't fault it in any way.
The only problem was, that our room had the noisiest aircon ever! but you do get used to it...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Elena T
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 12, 2012

It has now been 12 days since i stayed in Crystal Sand Resort and I m still itching and in serious discomfort from being savaged by bed bugs there. I ve travelled a lot in the past 15 years to various parts of the world, stayed in cheaper and more basic accommodation and never had this happen to me before.

A doctor on the island confirmed it was bed bugs ( as my GP has since returning home ) but the owner of the hotel insisted they were "sand flies" and denied responsibility. I checked out immediately and they didn t even have the decency to try and make amends or apologise and to their shame even charged me for soft drinks from the mini bar.....

It raises serious questions about the hygiene there - if you fancy your holiday being ruined and the disgusting feeling of having been eaten by these foul creatures stay at Crystal Sand, Awesome.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank jools c c
oslo,norway
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Perfect location very close to D Mall, yet no noise in the evenings. Best part of the beach just in front of the hotell with beach chairs to enjoy. Breakfast very good. Staff very good and very accomodating. Close to all the action in Station 1 and 2. Good security staff.

AC was quite noisy in both the rooms we had during our 8 day stay. Should be serviced.

We will be back. Reccomended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank simen240164
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here for our 2 week honeymoon this April and loved the environment it provided. It was quiet, laid back and very friendly staff. Our room was in the back on the ground level, next time will need to request one on the second level with a balcony. Room was clean, ac was great. The housekeeping service was amazing, very friendly and efficient. The breakfast that is included was great and we never got sick of it. The internet was hit and miss but for the most part worked really early in the morning or late at night when a lot of people weren't using it. The service at first was amazing but as the hotel got busy during our stay we were put on the back burner it seemed, we had to go in and order our drinks off the beach whereas everyone else was asked, but that was not a big deal for us. Beware of the water in early may it gets a gross green algae all along the white beach side and its thick. I read research on it and it is apparently from the sewage being dumped into the ocean and has had reports of e-coli. We were there for 2 weeks and it didn't get like this until our last 4 days. I would recommend this resort to anyone. There was a family there with kids, we didn't bring ours but if we ever go back I would. It was so safe there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank daniellemarie4959
Reviewed June 19, 2012

room 209 has perfect view to beach
but it has too many ants. and breakfast is too bad
price is reasonable
crystal sand's location is one of best resort in boracay

• Stayed June 2012