“Best chillout spot ever!!!”

Spider House Resort
Ranked #43 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My 14 yr old son & I stayed @ Spiderhouse for 7 nts and had an absolute ball.If you look @ the photos of the resort it says it all.Rustic charm and a layed back atmospere.The staff are warm and friendly,the owner Allen & his family made us feel more than welcome.Our room was better than I could have imagined,all open air with 2 dbl beds,view to die for.The kitchen is small,so if its busy you might have to wait up to 1/2 hr for your food.So what!! Your on holidays,have another cocktail there cheap,and so is the food.Wish we could have stayd longer.Definately will stay there again.Tip Book Superior room 4.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank DarrenStormy98

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed for two nights in Nov 2012 and we were blown away. We already knew from the pictures it was going to be pretty, but we were wrong, it is STUNNING!

We arrived late at night after two flights, and a bus and boat ride and were exhausted. After travelling down a little alleyway we came out onto a small beach and the moon was shining over the ocean, and we were a little confused at first. We then walked down the beach 30 metres along the cliff face, through a cave and into the entrance of The Spider House!

Danny was at the desk and was fantastic. Recognizing our exhaustion, he welcomed us, invited us to have a seat and order a drink and some food. There were no formalities of signing paper work or paying a security deposit or providing a credit card. We sat and chatted to Danny until our food arrived, he gave us lots of tips of things to do and see for our trip. After a while we looked around and took in our surrounds. Even at night the hotel is spectacular, comfortable and relaxing.

We were then assisted to our "penthouse" room i.e. at the top of the hotel and were impressed all over again. It really feels like you are in never never land in a treehouse. There are no windows, the rooms goes straight out onto the balcony. The bed was very comfortable and were encountered no mosquitoes however there are mozzie nets over the beds.

The next morning we woke up and took in the view - words cannot do it justice - the water is pristine! We wandered downstairs and ordered breakfast which was made fresh for us and we revealed at the fresh pineapple and coconut cut in front of us.

The next day we experience something that you cannot get elsewhere on the island or anywhere else I know of. The hotel has its own sailing boat and they can take you wherever you like. After an offhand discussion at breakfast we enquired if it was at all possible to go for a ride this morning at very late notice. We were told that was no problem and we could go whenever. The staff then went and sourced some snorkel gear for us while we changed. They then brought the boat right up to the ladder and we boarded the boat, from the hotel bar! Where else is this possible? The two lovely staff members then asked where we would like to go and obliged. We had our own private boat for three hours in paradise all for about $30AUD including the hire of the snorkel gear.
You can have this unique experience at the Spider House - a must do! We cannot wait to visit again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Claire G
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Go here before you die!

WIthout doubt the most amazing experience you can have in your lifetime.

Alan and his team make sure your stay is a home away from home experience with hospitality that is unrivalled from any trip I have ever taken. The food is fresh and beautifully prepared, as well as being ridiculously well priced.

Spend your days lounging on the deck with a constant flow of mango margaritas or fresh fruit shakes. Diniwid Beach is the most beautiful beach in Boracay. JUST FACT.

Feed your soul and calm your inner city energy while finding the answer to life the universe and everything.

Don't miss: jumping off the cliff!
Be wary: of going around the Island in one of the local boats - only go if you have good sea legs.
All you need: pack your swim-suites and a pair of flops.
Very cool: the 5 km of beach front bars are just a short walk away

While this is very much a back to basics environment - the rooms are extremely clean and are huge. There is no air-con etc but I rally felt that was part of the charm as who needs walls when you have such an amazing view!

Ps: if you are a traveller on your own - this is a very safe and friendly place to go. The vibe is so great that you make friends and meet such interesting people.

I will be back :)!

Room Tip: Room 10 is amazing..
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Like many have said in previous reviews, this place is not for those people that want a 5 star hotel with fancy facilities. The best way to describe this is posh camping.. or just heaven camping. If you are scared of bats, spiders, ants and other creatures then this will be a nightmare for you but if you are adventures, love the beach and amazing views and experience then this place is a must. I can only speak for my room, I booked 'The Sunset' room which has an amazing patio and a view of the sea including our own sofas outside, table and stairs to the sea. The way it is set up is amazing and i have fond memories of it. It is a place that I can imagine in my head I would want to build and live in. I paid around £230 for 4 nights, which to me is a bargain. They also do great breakfast for a reasonable price, as well as drinks and other snacks. They are nice enough to put music off at around 11pm max so people can get some sleep. I slept for long hours with no problem with two fans in my room. We had a little bat living on the roof who we called Boris :) I do envy the owner, it's a great place to live/work.

There is a ladder in the bar section that leads to the beach, the water is shallow and you can easily walk it to the shore from there if you can't swim. It is amazing and I loved going out to the sea from there. There is also a massive reef in Diniwid beach where the hotel is so don't forget to bring you snorkeling kit.

If you can I highly recommend booking the room called Sunset as you get an AMAZING view of the sunset every night that is out of this world and it is a great little hut. I would be more than happy to actually work and live there if i get a chance.

You can also walk down the beach to White beach, which is 5 minutes away and has unlimited restaurants, water sports activities, shisha places, fire shows, even malls etc... there is so much to do but the best thing about where we stayed is that it was quiet and the beach was amazing. I am not sure what the other room are like or how it is on a higher season but I definitely recommend people to go in January. Even on a cloudy day the beach was warm and calm, can easily swim at night and still see through it to the sand. The water is so shallow that you can walk as far as 200 feet into the sea sometimes. It is beautiful.

Spider House Resort is a must experience in my opinion.

So to conclude, if you are fussy and can't stand camping then don't bother!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank norman_bates_82
Reviewed January 29, 2013

A marble palace on the beach seems silly and pretentious. The indigenous architecture and off-the-beaten-path location of the Spider House takes you far away and says you are on a tropical island paradise and nowhere else. The views from my top floor terrace were glorious. Allan and his staff were very responsive. I long to return for a longer stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 4ipnysales
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Will start by saying - this is NOT a 5 star luxury resort - so if your idea of travel is fancy hotel rooms and day spas - don't go here.
However, for us this was perfect. My husband and two kids (11 & 8) travelled here with my brother, sister-in-law and nephews (9 year old twins). We wanted somewhere with character and the Spider House lives up to this. From the moment we entered through dark tunnels cut into the cliff face, we were smiling. We entered the foyer / bar / lounge and were blown away by the view. It is spectacular. The staff gave us a welcome drink and we instantly felt comfortable.
Essentially it is a big tree house - lots of winding stairs and hidden nooks - felt like a big kid exploring it. We booked the suites at the top of the house - 3rd level, but all the rooms had great views from their private balconies. The only real difference with the top rooms were the private bathrooms and an extra bed for the kids. The rooms are not air conditioned but as we travelled in January it wasn't hot enough for that to bother us. The rooms have very open walls so lots of breeze comes in and you feel like you are part of nature. Yes the walls are thin - so you may hear quite a bit from your neighbors. We didn't care.

We stayed 6 nights and I dearly wish we'd stayed longer. Over time we got to know other guests, staff and the owner Allan - who was very warm and welcoming. This is his home and he made us feel really comfortable in it. In fact, as it was my 40th birthday and my sister-in-laws 45th bday - they surprised us with a cake and all the staff and guests sang Happy Birthday. We were really touched by it.
Allan told us to try his local massage therapist who visits on Saturdays - if you are there on a Saturday don't miss this - he is very talented! A local gentleman who is blind and has been coming to Spider House for 20 years to massage Allan and guests.

The house is built over the water and you can jump from the balcony into the ocean. At high tide you can do big flips and such, which, after a few drinks one night, all the men decided to do. The guest all gathered around, Allan the owner included, and watched as our husbands and kids did back flips etc into the night time ocean - was a lot of fun.
The breakfast each day was great especially for around 200 pesos - well worth it. The cocktails were fantastic and also well priced.
It is located on Diniwid beach which is beautiful and quieter than white beach - much more suited to us.
I will post some photos soon and we took a video to give a good idea of layout.
If you like your travel with a bit of adventure and a whole lot of personality the the Spider House is for you! We loved it and will always remember it as probably our favorite holiday ever.

Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank tlc73
Reviewed January 27, 2013

It has been two weeks since I have returned form Spider House. The trip was a great experience and it I enjoyed the Spider House hospitality in all respects. The position of the house was spectacular and I really enjoyed the rustic nature of the resort, staff and other travellers who we go friendly with. Did some good scuba, kiteboarding and the trip Ariel's point.. Spider house had a great location and it was nice to be removed from the buzz of White Beach. One thing, walls are quite thin so make sure there isn't a baby or honeymoon couple in the next room! Was cool jumping from the balcony of our private room into the ocean at midnight.. All in all, would definitely return, amazing place!

Room Tip: The room above the reception area so you can wake up and jump directly into the see. A good 5m
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends