“Great location and insanely good food with filipino style service”
Review of Epic Boracay

Epic Boracay
Ranked #53 of 337 Restaurants in Boracay
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: An epicurean dream from brunch to the wee hours of the morning, EPIC BORACAY serves a culinary journey into the heart of a Boracay holiday, with dishes that are perfectly expressive of the magical alchemy of sea, sun and sky. The brilliant epicurean menu adds a good dose of “epic” flavors and exciting dishes to explore and share on every visit. At night, it turns into a beach club with beats by Epic's resident DJs.
Reviewed April 13, 2014

During our weeklong stay on Boracay we went there several times because their food was just soooo mouthwateringly good! The BF said he had had the best calamari rings ever. I had the cheese balls and truffled Mac & Cheese (beware it's not vegetarian! The menu hides the fact that it comes with pieces of bacon) one night and grilled shrimp with mango salsa and asparagus for our last supper. The desserts are also outstanding and just incredible! It's a pity that the service is so bad though. Waiters aren't on their feet constantly, often times I saw them just looking around not doing anything although there was plenty of work of them. They also don't bother to ask whether you'd like dessert or coffee. Nor did they ever come back to us after they had served the main course to see whether everything was ok. However, if you are able to ignore their underachieving customer service qualities you will enjoy yourself there as you have the option of dining right at the beach - which of course, at night is particularly romantic. Since the place started out as a dance club they play fantastic music as well which fitted perfectly with the great food they served.

1  Thank Aeneken

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Within the last year to two this place has went from just a night time club to restaurant of amazing quality food...they still do dancing at night I was told.

I ate a couple of lunches and dinners here. My girlfriend and I enjoyed each of of meals immensely. A standout for me was the calamari..it was outstanding and likely nearly the best that I've ever had. The same goes for the clam chowder...both of these dishes are memorable. I can't remember what my girlfriend at but she said it was delicious.

According to a note on the menu, a well known chef from Manila put the menu together. I would say that this chef has done a wonderful job for Epic...definitely worth a stop in or two while on the island.

The customer service was typical filipino service...some things had to be repeated and there was one mistake with the ordered food but nothing that affected taste.

sit on the beach, enjoy a cocktail and wait to be amazed by the flavorful meal you ordered!

This is a must eat place......

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We had walked past Epic several times while strolling up and down sections 1 and 3 but never thought to stop here. Best place to enjoy the sunset in the comfort of the shade and with a drink in hand.

Service: Pleasant staff who are prompt to serve and friendly. Asked for more ice and they brought it to the table, even though I only ordered 1 beer.

Food: We had drinks mainly and enjoyed the seaside reclining chairs. No one chases you away even though you are a 1 beer drinker. This is the test !

Value: They have long hours of happy hour starting after lunch.

Atmosphere: Cool under umbrellas, comfortable when seated inside for dining.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We were a big group that came for dinner and some (alcoholic) drinks.
I particularly liked the beef salpicao, which was so tender and flavorful. The calamari was good as well.
I was enjoying my all-time favorite frozen margarita as the DJ started mixing the music at 10PM.
It's a good place to chill with friends after a day of baking in the sun.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I and my youngest came from another restaurant and arrived at epic just as the order of nachos by my two other kids came out. The serving was enough for the four of us, and was okay. My kids' order for the grilled pork chops came just a few minutes later. I took a bite and it tasted of barbecue sauce.

Their watermelon shake was okay. The bill came out to about Php 1700 for 2 grilled porkchops, 3 watermelon shakes, , nachos, and a coke.

Loved their seating arrangement. I enjoyed sitting at their sofa while my two other kids across the table had chairs. Loved the ambiance too.