“Consistently Inconsistent”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I ate and drank at this location 10 times over my recent stay in Boracay (Spending well over 5,000 peso total)

The first 3 or 4 times it was good (during the morning/ early afternoon) ordering Club Sandwich and coffees. They have FREE wifi and no blaring music. Everything was fine during these first visits and I was actually quite impressed.

After however each time was a different experience, a few examples are below.

I ordered a club sandwich (which comes with fries) and the waitress over 20 minutes later informed me there were no fries available, I mentioned to her that it is fine if they want to substitute it with coleslaw or something like they had done previously but she said no, it would be the same price just for the sandwich. So I told her to cancel the order.

Another time they were unable to provide change for a bill of 800 Pesos when they were given a 1,000 peso note, and simply stared at us like we were from another planet. We mentioned they should send someone to get some smaller bills, and they just repeated their request. Mind you this was at 9pm at night when this shouldnt be a problem. After telling them to get their manager or someone to sort it out, they finally found some change.

We took a group of friends there about 9 people and asked if we could drag some tables together but this seemed to be too much effort (even though we offered to do it ourselves) and the place was almost empty.

Consistently over the last 4/5 visits to this place at nightime we had to ask several times for bills to come out, drinks that we ordered to come, even sending back orders that were not right.

I continued to give them a chance after my good experiences bringing friends here but they continued to fail.

It is a real dissappointment this place is clearly poorly managed.

Things here that are great:
- Music
- FREE Wifi
- Happy Hour cocktails Buy 1 Get 1 150 peso till 10pm
- Sun Lounges on the beach during the day

Things they need to work on:
- Annoying Taco sellers
- Customer Service
- Coffee
- Fix their toilets (Horrible)
- Seafood
- Resident Dog running around in side on tables and chairs

Head there in Happy Hour and give them a chance, but don't hold out hope they will improve if your first visit isn't favourable.

1  Thank Cameron S

Reviewed April 9, 2012

The food was prepared and cooked well - very tasty! The staff even went out of their way to find the particular crabs we wanted. The prawn thermidor was delicious too - we were amazed by how big the prawns were. The downside is that it was a little pricey and the bathroom needs work... and most importantly, please accept credit cards! Other than those, it was a great experience!

1  Thank Jeannine A
Reviewed March 30, 2012

The service is poor, besides getting you to buy lobster. They have 4 different people billing you- one for drinks, one for appies and one for seafood..etc! 10- 15 of us sat down and they had a melt down with the bill. Lobster is cheaper at the Shangri-la and prepared better. The only thing I can say is their burgers are great and for those other Canadians they serve Caesars! (Because of me and my husband) We told the owner Dave where to get the mix from the main land.
We like the drinks and the overall atmosphere but they need work on the service. I know they were trying but they need training.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Free wifi, long happy hour, decent bathroom, great vibe...Really loved this place.

Didn't try the food but it looked good.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

DEJAVU is the highlight of my Boracay PubCrawl experience! i love its cozy vibe and their mojitos are the most refreshing!

1  Thank attyANC