“Perfect Family Vacation in a Fantastic Hotel”
Review of Nandana Boracay

Nandana Boracay
Ranked #108 of 148 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We booked a deluxe room and stayed 2 nights in this awesome hotel. Upon arrival we were welcomed with friendly smiles and refreshing drinks. The lobby alone is a lovely sight, relaxing and bringing everyone to vacation mode all at once with its contemporary setup. The room was comfortably big, simple yet elegant, classy yet homey; linens were fresh, crisp and white. The location is perfect too, not too far away in station 1 and close enough to where the party is at night, apart from being conveniently located near D'Mall where there are lots of food choices and shopping. And because it is on the beachfront, the kids just keep going back to the beach to swim and play in the sand anytime they want to.

The hotel staff were courteous and cheerful, greeting us every time we go in and out the hotel with warm smiles, and offering help everytime. And the best part was the indoor pool because the kids could still have fun even during the hottest time of the day when it's impossible for them to stay under the scorching sun outside. How perfectly soothing it is when we come back to the hotel from the heat outside to a cool relaxing dip in the pool where an artificial waterfall completes the relaxing ambiance.

Overall we had a wonderful stay, too short maybe. And so next time, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Rachelyaz

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I come to boracay almost every month. and I usually stay at Boracay Regency. Anyway, my friend and I stayed here in Nandana last labor day weekend. Like I mentioned, I would usually stay at the Regency but since most of the happenings are in Station 1 during the time, we decided to stay in a hotel at least closer to the main event. I always see Nandana when they were still constructing it. It looked really nice in the picture so it was our first choice to stay in the area. BUT..... Okay so this is where the problem/issues/annoying things started:

1. BOOKING THE HOTEL: reservations agent were not very knowledgable about the hotel, rooms, rates and the area. They even gave me the wrong price for the poolside room.

2. PAYMENT: After negotiating, the manager and I agreed to pay for 1 night thru bank deposit and balance upon arrival. 2 days before our reservation, I'm not sure but I think it's the same reservations agent that I talked to is asking why I did not deposit the full amount of our stay. In short, they don't have coordination.

3.ARRIVAL: When we got to the hotel, it wasn't how it looks like in their website. definitely not. I don't know but for me the lobby looks cheap. Not what I paid for. Don't get me wrong, the hotel itself is nice, the walls, lights and such but the set up just looks so cheap. That's for me.
CHECKING-IN: Front desk people are okay until my friend conversed in a very friendly way and one of the front desk girl responded in a not professional way. She was even jokingly sarcastic which I think is in appropriate.

4. ROOMS: I was expecting a poolside room. Outdoor swimming pool. Sadly, the swimming pool is indoor (really indoor pool in boracay? with such beautiful view?!) The rooms don't have any view at all. Our room didnt even have a window. Also, the room set up was very awful! my friend would describe it as a cheap motel room.

5. SERVICE: on our 2nd morning staying there, at around 6am a hotel staff just opened the room using her universal key without knocking. It just means that anyone can go inside your room without permission, besides housekeeping of course. People are not well trained. Especially the restaurant staff in the lobby. Mygoodness those people are no help! really.

6. BREAKFAST: food is soooo awful I didnt even avail of their breakfast on our second day until we left. Food menu was like they dont even wanna feed you. Not a lot of choices. And oh, they don't have water with ice because they dont have ice. The waitress said they don't usually have ice and she doesn't know why. haha

Just to summarize this review, I was not satisfied with this hotel. I felt like I PAID TOO MUCH for such a really bad experience and I am never staying there again nor will I tell my friends to stay there. Don't get me wrong, Nandana has so many potential. it's in the perfect location but everything inside the hotel just seems to be wrong. Maybe change the management? I hope the owners will read this review cos I personally think they can do so much better! I do

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Dianne M
Reviewed April 2, 2013

For starters, the things that attracted me the most are the food, the rooms, the indoor pool, the Jacuzzi, and the posh lobby.

The rooms are excellent, they're nicely lighted and the bonus? Jacuzzi at the balcony.

Bathroom's okay, I can let the lack of curtains go.

Overall: Nice place, I want to return again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Dianeby G
Reviewed January 26, 2013

For the White Sand Beach and the night life, this hotel is in a great location. The staff, of which there are many, are friendly but the armed security guards on the main doors are a little off-putting at first. The wi-fi is only available in the lobby-not in the room. The hotel upgraded our room on request so no complaints there. Breakfast is a disappointment: once the turins are empty the staff respond by saying 'sorry no more'-so be early or its breakfast elsewhere. The coffee is brewed in a large urn and stewed for hours-why is fresh coffee so difficult. The fresh fruit dish was the size of an ordinary plate-very stingy. This is not a cheap hotel but the management operate it on a shoe string budget. The fruit juice tasted like it was out of a concentrated bottle and far too sweet. The receptionists are very reluctant to resolve the simplest of problems and resort to telling lies rather then extending themselves. For the money I will not be staying there again or I would cancel breakfast and check the discount, there are pleny of other places to eat at. The management have to do more-its a pity because they will spoilt a place that has lots of potential.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Steve W
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Location is good if you like the bustle but;
a) Expensive for what it is
b)Indoor pool effectively! No point.
c) No beach loungers
d) Pretty poor breakfast buffet
e)Rooms ok but bathrooms very small and dark.

Room Tip: just don't stay
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
12  Thank Peter W
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This hotel at least gets you out of the manic atmosphere that is outside its doors! but you could be staying in a Geneva airport hotel, very little charm in the building or rooms but I found all the staff, without exception, to be extremely or even overly polite, walking through the lobby we could here a chorus of good morning sir good morning madam, hello sir hello madam, this is every time we walked through, even if we had just walked through two minutes before, but this was fun rather than annoying.

food service was terrible but then again there are 500 restaurants just outside, if you want to be in the middle of the action but a step removed from the Philippines this could work, personally I wouldn't want to stay in that part of the beach, i'd opt for one end or the other, station 1 or 3, if I had to stay on that beach. Oh, it too expensive for what it is too.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank GrahamKingLondon
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed in Nandana resort for 3 days and 2 nights. My sister book a reservation for 16 people since November 2012 for our stay Jan 3-6,2013. We arrived a little bit early around 11:30 am but they won't let us check in yet since check in time is 1pm okey that was undestandable but, some of us was given a room by the pool and you think it's great bec. our room is by the pool...wrong! There is no window in these rooms and it smells musty...and those room by the pool are supposedly more expensive than the rooms with windows. It took us 2 hours to check in and by that time we were all hungry and we noted that nobody eats in their hotel for lunch or dinner. It's better to go out and eat in other places.
For those who wants to check in in this hotel beware of living any stains in their bedsheets they will charged you like crazy for old stains (payed P10,000 that's $250) The owner was very rude and unprofessional and prevented us from taking pictures of the hotel ( she said it's not allowed to take pictures).
We are very sad when we left Boracay since we thought staying in a hotel like Nandana will give us an awesome experience but we were really shock and disappointed on how they treated us...even front desk staff roll up there eyes on you...So beware to those people who are planning to stay in these hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family