“Nice place to stay”

Villa Romero de Boracay
Ranked #72 of 227 Boracay B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed here for 3nights.
good value for money,close to station3,friendly staffs,clean large room.
the tiny problems I had are
• bit noisy(even in the night)
• No Wi-fi in the room(you can use Wi-fi at the lobby)

overall,I pretty recommend this nice Villa to stay:)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Yuji K
jesh850, Front Office Supervisor JAMES at Villa Romero de Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

hello,

Another warm and overwhelming comment from our guest. Also, another spice that will add to our flavorful love and care for our valued clients/guests in return. You know what ? Villa Romero was just a small hotel, very simple, and seems like your own home. That's why we were called by many as " A Home away from home", and just like in our own home, here at Villa Romero we will treat you as one of the member of the family, You're always welcome to go back anytime you wish to, You can ask for a help anytime you need it, we'll except for financial I guess, hehe just kidding :)

Thank you sir for another set of inspiration, for us to be more efficient of doing our tasks.
just to render excellent customer service for all of you.

Godbles :))

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This place is a 2 minute walk to Station 3 beach which is great. My room had a balcony on the front which could be a bit noisy early in the morning but was excellent value for money. Friendly and helpful staff

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank EricBrighton
jesh850, Front Office Supervisor JAMES at Villa Romero de Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Hi!

It was so refreshing and inspiring to hear your good feedback for our hotel.
by your comments sir/mam, we knew that we did a great job.
and we promise to keep doing great. because here at Villa Romero, we're always after EXCELLENT Service.

James

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed in Villa Romero from June 1-4, 2013, the room was nice and clean and for a budget hotel the room comes with a TV, ref and Hot/cold shower. After a day of stay we requested for a room with a balcony and was immediately transfered by their very nice and reliable staff. The hotel is just 2-3 minutes walk from the white beach in Station 3. It's in a more "quite" part of the beach but its just a short walk from the action of Station 1 & 2. They have free hot/cold water, which is very convenient since you dont have to buy water. We were given cups and glasses which make it even more convenient.It's our second stay in Villa Romero and I'll definitely go back again...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rem1911
jesh850, Front Office Supervisor JAMES at Villa Romero de Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Good day!

We are so overwhelmed of the good reviews that we are receiving.
Thank you very much for the acknowledgement, and for the effort that you did just to say something about us. We honestly appreciate it. And From the bottom of our heart, We love you so much.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in villa Romero boracay - it was the perfect stay , Rooms are well equipped but not huge -, hot water aircon all fine as I was transferred from level 2 to level 3 cause of the noise . Great staff & they got breakfast menu, It is one minute walk from the beach.

just had no wifi in the rooms so you have to go downstairs for wifi which is free ,

Room Tip: 20 minutes walk if you after nightlife to station 1-2
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank ivangoo
jesh850, Front Office Supervisor JAMES at Villa Romero de Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Hello!

It was very relaxing and rewarding for us to hear such good feedback from our valued guests.
We are honored and happy to receive your good comments for our hotel. It motivates us to perform very well with our tasks and serve you at our extreme best.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I saw this hotel advertised on Wotif.com (which I often use for booking my accommodation), and on that site it shows its location as closer to Station 2 (ie midway between Station 2 & 3). I was disappointed when I later found out that it is actually at the southern end of Station 3 (if there was a Station 4, that's where it would be). I wasn't sure what to expect when my friends and I arrived. Its location is not that bad though, its just a short walk to the beach and to the White Beach Path. Its very convenient if you wish to partake in the water sports. Its a long walk though if you wish to walk to Station 1.

The appearance of the hotel is very nice (see attached photo), from the outside and within the lobby. However, I did not find the rooms very inspiring when I first walked in, but since we spent most of our time at the beach or walking the Path, we did not stay in the rooms much other than to shower & sleep. We found the beds comfortable to sleep in, and the shower was fine once we'd worked out how it functioned (the heater did work well).

There is drinking water available in the hallway, although I recommend you take your own water bottle for filling, as there are no glass or bottle available from the room. There also is no coffee/tea making facilities, which I'm accustomed to from staying in other hotels. This is my first time in Boracay, so I don't know if other hotels of similar budget offer this facility.

Would I stay here again? It depends, if I was looking at a budget hotel for another short stay, then yes, I'd have no problems coming back here. If I'm here on my honeymoon, or staying longer than just a couple days, I'd probably stay at one of the more classier hotels which offer a more relaxing atmosphere away from the beach.

Having said all that, we loved our stay in Boracay and none of the negative things I have said about this hotel have detracted from this. My friends (from Cebu) who stayed here with me didn't complain at all. My expectations may be a bit high, considering the hotel I had been staying in prior to coming to Boracay.

Room Tip: A room with a balcony might be more inspiring
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Darren W
jesh850, Front Office Supervisor JAMES at Villa Romero de Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Good day!

We highly appreciate your good words sir, and for those what make you disappointed, we're deeply sorry...We will surely address all your concern sir. Because what we were always aiming is that to serve you excellently and make you all happy, cause we knew that without you, were nothing. a million thanks :)

Godbless

Reviewed May 21, 2013

PROS: 2 mins. walk to beach front, unlimited H2O (hot and cold), accommodating receptonist, big rooms with ref and balcony (for quad deluxe), near area for water activities like parasailing, jet ski, etc.

CONS: Defective heater in the shower, saw a cockroach in our room (Room 1) with some mosquitoes flying (don't know where did they come from), stairway going to our room is kinda slippery (I suggest that you mop it twice a day).

Overall: Still a good place to stay given the price that you have to pay per room. There are some thing that has to be improved on like the aircons and cabinets.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank jlpcruz04
jesh850, Front Office Supervisor at Villa Romero de Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Hi Sir John Lloyd Cruz,

This is James at the reception of Villa Romero...

Thank you so much for your good feedback for our services and for our hotel as well,
though some of our rooms need to be improved :)

We will surely address your concern sir, cause we have already a series of plans for the rooms to be improved.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Staying with Villa Romero Boracay was a one good experience. Except during our last day, when I experienced a clogged toilet! The worst part was when I had to pump the toilet with my "poo-poo" in it, or else it's gonna overflow.. Yikes! But even so, I'll still give them 4/5 because the staffs are friendly and accommodating. Overall a great experience, just don't forget to ask for a "toilet pump" when you checked-in this hotel..

On our first day, since the hotel is fully booked and the check-in time is 1pm, we strolled around station 3 and had my toe nail polished. Our things were checked-in their office we don't have to carry them around while we stroll. At Around 1PM, we went back, and indeed there is a room ready for us, clean and ready to embrace our tired bodies.

The room is a bit small, but just enough for me and my friend to retire after a nice visit around.

Every morning we had full breakfast, consists of coffee, rice, fried chicken, bread and fresh mango. We are ready for the day’s activity.

On our last day, we told the staffs of our experience and that we are pleased with their customer service. They even took a picture of us with them, to be posted on their facebook account. Of course I had to tell them about my horror bathroom experience, but we just laughed about it. At the end of the day, it is great service that matters.

I'll definitely go back to Boracay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
jesh850, Front Office Supervisor at Villa Romero de Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Hello,

This is James Front Office Supervisor of Villa Romero De Boracay Hotel.

In behalf of all the staffs of the hotel, we would like to extend our warm "THANK YOU SO MUCH !"
for the great feedback that we have received, we promise that we will improve our rooms more, and retain our excellent service for you to have a great stay at the hotel then for you to have a very good experience with your vacation in the Island. Thank you. Thank you.....