“Good budget hotel”

Ranked #70 of 222 Boracay B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“Good budget hotel”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

PROS: 2 mins. walk to beach front, unlimited H2O (hot and cold), accommodating receptonist, big rooms with ref and balcony (for quad deluxe), near area for water activities like parasailing, jet ski, etc.

CONS: Defective heater in the shower, saw a cockroach in our room (Room 1) with some mosquitoes flying (don't know where did they come from), stairway going to our room is kinda slippery (I suggest that you mop it twice a day).

Overall: Still a good place to stay given the price that you have to pay per room. There are some thing that has to be improved on like the aircons and cabinets.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank jlpcruz04
jesh850, Front Office Supervisor at Villa Romero de Boracay, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Hi Sir John Lloyd Cruz,

This is James at the reception of Villa Romero...

Thank you so much for your good feedback for our services and for our hotel as well,
though some of our rooms need to be improved :)

We will surely address your concern sir, cause we have already a series of plans for the rooms to be improved.

Godbless :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Staying with Villa Romero Boracay was a one good experience. Except during our last day, when I experienced a clogged toilet! The worst part was when I had to pump the toilet with my "poo-poo" in it, or else it's gonna overflow.. Yikes! But even so, I'll still give them 4/5 because the staffs are friendly and accommodating. Overall a great experience, just don't forget to ask for a "toilet pump" when you checked-in this hotel..

On our first day, since the hotel is fully booked and the check-in time is 1pm, we strolled around station 3 and had my toe nail polished. Our things were checked-in their office we don't have to carry them around while we stroll. At Around 1PM, we went back, and indeed there is a room ready for us, clean and ready to embrace our tired bodies.

The room is a bit small, but just enough for me and my friend to retire after a nice visit around.

Every morning we had full breakfast, consists of coffee, rice, fried chicken, bread and fresh mango. We are ready for the day’s activity.

On our last day, we told the staffs of our experience and that we are pleased with their customer service. They even took a picture of us with them, to be posted on their facebook account. Of course I had to tell them about my horror bathroom experience, but we just laughed about it. At the end of the day, it is great service that matters.

I'll definitely go back to Boracay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
jesh850, Front Office Supervisor at Villa Romero de Boracay, responded to this review, May 2, 2013

This is James Front Office Supervisor of Villa Romero De Boracay Hotel.

In behalf of all the staffs of the hotel, we would like to extend our warm "THANK YOU SO MUCH !"
for the great feedback that we have received, we promise that we will improve our rooms more, and retain our excellent service for you to have a great stay at the hotel then for you to have a very good experience with your vacation in the Island. Thank you. Thank you.....
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed with my couple in December in Villa Romero, we did not have any trouble at the hotel, the room was clean, the service was good and even we have free water, so what I just can say is that of course it is a budget hotel but for the price you pay you will be satisfied, plus it is just 3mn from Station 3.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

This is James Front Office Supervisor of Villa Romero De Boracay Hotel.

Thank you so much for the Good feedback to our hotel...We highly appreciate your comment...and we will use it a reference of more hard work and Excellent customer service.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I reserved a fan room about a month in advance, which included a deposit and letting the hotel know our approximate arrival time. They called me to confirm on the day of arrival. Once we arrived, they informed us they gave away our room, but they arranged a room at an alternate hotel nearby, yet we would pay Villa Romero the fan room price. The room they took us to 1) did not have hot water, 2) had a worse location (farther away from the beach), 3) did not have a TV, 4) was smaller than the fan rooms at Villa Romero, and 5) had one of the worst beds I've ever slept on (a bunk bed with two tables next to it to support the mattress; the problem was the bunk bed and each table were all slightly different heights!?!). After inquiring at the alternate hotel, I found out their asking price - before negotiating - is P800; P100 less than what Villa Romero was charging us!

Anyway, the next morning I asked at Villa Romero if anything opened up in their hotel or if they could help us locate another place. They said no to both, but that the following night (our third and final night), they could move us back to Villa Romero to a deluxe room. Also, when I pointed out that the alternate hotel charges less than they do, they agreed to reduce the room price to P800 for those first two nights.

So, the following morning we checked out of the alternate hotel at noon, we were supposed to be able to check into Villa Romero. They told us at 1 pm, so we ran some errands and returned at 1. And then, as they took care of the other 15+ guests in the lobby, we waited. And waited. And waited some more. Well after everyone else had been seen to, they got around to us at about 2:30. They did put us in a deluxe room, but either we'd have to pay the deluxe room price (P1500) or they could "convert it to a fan room", which I guess means take away the A/C remote control and refrigerator. The manager offered to give us the deluxe room for P1350 for that night, so we took it.

Now to be fair, I rated the hotel based on the alternate one and my overall experience. The deluxe room at Villa Romero was really, really nice. It was very clean (much cleaner that the alternate hotel), large, had a balcony, and the bed was comfortable. I will never stay at Villa Romero again because I'm still pissed off at feeling like they treated us as second class citizens, but to the rest of you tripadvisor readers, I recommend this hotel during weekdays or low season.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
jesh850, Front Office Manager at Villa Romero de Boracay, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
In behalf Villa Romero De Boracay Hotel,

Our apologies for what had happened. To be honest we really don't want to distribute our guests to other hotels. it's just happen that our old email for reservation has been hacked and about 4,000+ emails including all our bookings and reservations have been trashed away. We really wanted to accommodate you sir to the best that we can,
That's why for the last night of your stay here in boracay we really find ways just to accommodate you at our hotel. We promise that we will do our best for this not to happened again. We're so greatful that you chose our hotel. we're so sad for what happened.
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We booked our accommodation to Villa Romero via Agoda and chose the hotel through the Tripadvisor recommendation being one of the top budget hotels in Boracay. We got 4 de luxe rooms for a relatively low price for a "near beach front" establishment (just under 5 minutes walk to the beach).

It's our 6th trip to Boracay and we usually book in a hotel in Station 1 but since we would be travelling in a large group (18 pax), we selected one which would be more friendly on the pocket.

1. Villa Romero is the drop of point of motorized vehicles in Station 3, so coming from Jetty port and you get yourself either a tricycle, van or jeep to transport you to Station 3, they will drop you off in front of Villa Romero and chances are if you are staying at another nearby hotel you will walk your way from there or ride a bike with side car.

2. If you'll be getting a room, make sure it's a de luxe room located on the 2nd floor. The "de luxe" rooms on the 3rd floor are smaller and unevenly furnished, meaning the beds are not side by side but perpendicular to each other giving you the impression that it's a "forced" arrangement just to pass it off as a de luxe room. Originally, we were given rooms 4 and 6 in the 2nd floor and 2 rooms on the third floor but we complained on the size of the 3/F rooms. James, the front desk staff was very helpful enough to accommodate us and we ended up occupying rooms 2, 4, 5 and 6.

Room Tip: Room 2 is the best with plush headboards, Room 4 is the "brightest" and the beds have a "built-in" extra bed on the center so there's an extra space as well as stuffed toys so if you have kids this room would be perfect, Room 6 would have been OK but it has too dark drapes and it's smaller than the 2. All of these rooms have verandas. Room 5 has 3 double beds but no windows. If you are more than 4 in a group, you might want to stay in this room if you still prefer to be together.

3. There's a small grocery store just 2 establishments away so it would be very convenient to shop for your emergency items.

4. Make up room is on a "per request" basis. So don't expect a made-up room every day if you didn't specifically requested it upon check-in.

5. The stairways are only a little bit more than 2 feet wide, so it's a little bit narrow. If you have large and heavy suitcases, it might be too difficult to maneuver it upstairs.

It's categorized as a "budget hotel" and for a 2,500/night accommodation, one should not expect 1st class amenities. But what is good about Villa Romero is for that price range, you get to have the basics.

Room Tip: Room 2 is the best with plush headboards, Room 4 is the "brightest" and the beds have a &q...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mrcfabian

manila
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed at villa romero last march-holy week. And we really did enjoy our stay. Our room is the deluxe room. With balcony, huge room, with ref, cable tv and hot and cold shower. They hAve nice staffs who did comply to our requests. Kudos to the staff especially to elsie and james. Thanks to elsie for being kind to us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

This is James Front Office Supervisor of Villa Romero De Boracay Hotel.

Your good comment is our inspiration, our motivation and guidelines to render excellent customer service, Thank you for your little effort of recognizing our hotel, and for leaving good comment to this site. This is very important to us, and we will treasure this forever.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My wife and I were in Boracay just a month ago but I have booked this hotel more than 2 months before our travel through "Direct With Hotels". I have used this booking site several times already and never had any problem therefore I was very confident that it would be the same for this one. Besides I also made a call to the hotel just to make sure and a lady at the reception confirmed to me that they accept bookings through the same site as well as Agoda. Unfortunately when we arrived to the place I was told that our booking is not in their records. After a further check done by the front desk we were advised that they found our confirmed booking but there is no room available for us because the occupants of the room that we're supposed to have decided to extend their stay. Feeling so tired from a long travel I fought myself not to get mad and tried to stay calm. In fairness to the staff they are friendly and accommodating and the attitude of the front desk manager Mars helped a lot for me to control my temper. He gave me an assurance that they would find a place for us which they did.

Just not to ruin our vacation my wife and I just went with the flow of the situation and accepted the alternative accommodation they offered us which is a room in one of the houses located in an alley in Angol. It was not what we had in mind but we accepted it anyway and just enjoyed our stay in Boracay. Since we never really got to stay in Villa Romero I can only comment on the level of service they extended to us and I would say that they provide a pretty good service to their guests and I would like to commend the 2 ladies that would always come to our place to bring us new towels, clean our room and make our bed daily. Somehow they still made us feel that we are their guests despite the fact that we are staying in a different place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

This is James Front Office Supervisor of Villa Romero De Boracay Hotel.

I would like to say SORRY, in behalf of all the staffs, we were so sad for what had happened although we really don't intend to transfer you to other hotel but we had no choice, because of what happened to our email account since it was being hacked. We really wanted to accommodate you sir at our hotel, that's why despite of all, even if you had checked in at other hotel, we guided you, and provide you with all that you need, because that how we render customer service. we treat our guest as part of the Villa Romero Family.

We promise you sir, that we will not gonna let this to happen again.
Thank you so much.