“There's no place like home @ Villa Romero”

Villa Romero de Boracay
Ranked #71 of 225 Boracay B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 16, 2012

It was my first time to go to Boracay last weekend(Sep 15-16 2012) with my family. We really had a perfect and relaxing stay here at Villa Romero. firstly, the staffs were really super very accommodating(all the superlatives..hehe).secondly, It's like your at home away from home. you can cook at their pantry(of course with minimal cooking charge) if you want some home cooked meal and if you're in a tight budget. accessible to the supermarket and pharmaceutical. It's true that their location is "a stone away from the beach". also, they have a very nice room with some themes (safari, honeymoon..etc..) they have free wifi at the reception area(hope you can include also wifi every floors)..If someday we're going to visit boracay again, we'll definitely stay here :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My sister & I stayed here from August 26 to 28, 2012. The rate of Php 1,000.00 for the Standard Room for 2 persons is still the same. We arrived late in the afternoon and our reserved room which was the Standard Type was not yet ready so they transferred us to their Deluxe Room good for 4 persons. Lucky for us because we were just 2 persons. The room is really big and I guess that room is for honeymooners. The room is equipped with Cable TV, Cabinet, sofa, 2 double beds, refrigerator, and AC. I was worried at first because we might be charged for the rate of that room which is Php 2,000.00 but upon check out, we paid for the rate of the Standard Room.

WIFI is free at the reception area only. We paid Php 200.00 for 24hrs very fast internet in our room. There is still free hot & cold water and very convenient for us because the water dispenser is placed in front of our room.

Most of the guests that time I guessed were Americans & Australians.

Keep up the good work Villa Romero!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the road to avoid noise..
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RochelleDelaCruz
Reviewed August 29, 2012

In the past 6 years, we have visited Boracay several times. We ve stayed at expensive places, moderate priced accommodations & budget hotels. Each of them have their pro's and contra's. We tried to figure out the negative points for Villa Romero, but we just couldnt find one negative factor.

Some people insist in staying at beachfront hotels. Go figure. Most of the hotels have a beachfront restaurant in front of the rooms. So where is the point in staying at a beachfront hotel if you cant even see the beach? Villa Romero is exactly 70 steps from the beach. With views over the ocean and the entire Boracay from the rooftop and view deck, offering dramatic scenery for photo shoots that no other hotels offer.

The staff is extraordinary friendly, ready to assist their guests with any matters. And housekeeping may be praised by keeping the rooms and common areas very clean. Hot and cold water dispensers are constantly refilled. Great for coffee in the morning, and great for filling up your bottle to get to the beach. Nice savings !! :)

Location is perfect. 70 steps will bring you to the beach. And then you have the choice : go right for 10 minutes to be in the middle of the action, or go left to experience the old, peaceful boracay lifestyle. And no hassle from the "beach sharks" trying to sell you activities. Get your activities from VIlla Romero : Much cheaper and more personalized.

And last but not least (which is hardly mentioned in reviews) : Villa Romero offers a viewdeck with scenic views of the entire Boracay island, perfect for photoshoots, or a romantic moment.

We are not surprised that Villa Romero is number one in Tripadvisor..They deserve it ! Budget place with cheap rates and smiles from staff that even a top star hotel will not offer .. Keep it up, Sir Mars and staff. You are what Boracay should be ! We ll be back for sure ! God Bless Villa Romero. !!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Panawan_Travel
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stay at VR for 4 nights. their excellence service make me feel like home. They help me to arrange island hopping tour and attend to my service promptly.
They provide hot & cold drinking water free of charge by water dispenser in the corridor. They are very generous by fill up the water bottle once it is empty even in very late night. The service help me to save a lot of money on drinking water and energy to carry heavy bottle from mart.
The hotel is very clean, I have no complaints! It makes me feel very safe and comfortable. (I am a kind of person demand very good hygiene!)
The hotel location is wonderful, it is only 30 seconds walk from beach front in station 3. That part of the beach is where the pawn boat launch after island hopping tour, it is very convenience to stay at VR for enjoying the white beach at Boracay. When I was there, many small roads are flood but the road from VR to beach front is very dry as the road is well pathed by inter-locking.
The hotel is under re-furnishing. The furnitures & fittings are almost new! Except the wardrobe need to be changed! But it is not a big deal as you won't need a decent wardrobe for your
beach clothings, right !
If I visit Boracay again, for sure I will stay at Villa Romero again and again ! Thank Mars & your co-worker to make my stay at VR a super one :)

Room Tip: The standard is small but adequate for a loving couple. If you need a more spacious room, choose th...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We were already in Boracay and needed somewhere new to stay. We just happened to see their cheap room prices and looked at some rooms. The lady was so friendly and said she'd keep the room for us. However, when we went to check-in a few days later they had given the room away. I was immediately skeptical. However, she apologised and said she'd upgrade us. I still wasn't sure but when we saw the room it was double the size with a fridge, balcony, a/c etc. We were so happy, especially as we were paying more than double the price in our previous place for the same things.
I normally don't write reviews but I LOVED our stay here. We stayed 5 nights. The staff was so kind, helpful and friendly...more than anywhere else we stayed. For me, that matters a lot. Also, they had free hot and cold water so we could refill our bottles each day, which again cuts down on cost and saves using so many plastic bottles. It's not fancy but it has everything you need, the friendliest staff and it's not overpriced.
I would highly recommend Villa Romero and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you're in Boracay already, they are more than happy to show you different rooms before you ma...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2012

its a great stay and a very good alternative to all the overprised hotels in boracay. its clean and cozy and everybody is trying to make your stay as comfortable as possible. i had a room with a balcony, tv and free wifi at the reception. if i should ever return to boracay i would say there again for sure. great deal!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Off peak season in Boracay starts on June 1. We were there 2 days before that so we had to endure high prices on almost everything - food, transportation, water activities,etc.
So when I found out that Villa Romero (ranked # 1 out of the many B&B in Boracay) is offering their fan room at Php800 (good for 2) per night, I decided to book for atleast one night.We ended up staying there for the rest of the week. On our last day, we even enjoyed their offpeak rate of Php600 (that's Php200 savings).
Their fan room is kinda small,hot & stuffy, did not have any windows that would somehow allow air from the beach to get in. Location is a bit far. Every morning, we had to walk for what seems like 15minutes to get to Station 1 & 2 where most of the restaurants are.It was fun & enjoyable at first. To explore the beach on foot and see a lot of colorful stores offering souvenir items. But on our 3rd day, walking is no longer fun. We had to ride a tricycle to get us to either Station 1 or Station 2.
But atleast the room & toilet is clean, there's hot water in the shower, cable tv, hot/cold drinking water, there's WiFi in the lobby plus the staff is very friendly.
So if you just need a place to sleep in because you'd rather spend your time in the beach drinking margaritas, head to Villa Romero.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple