“Beautiful, quiet, want to go back”

Henann Lagoon Resort
Ranked #11 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
“Beautiful, quiet, want to go back”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

We stayed 2 night at the Boracay Regency which was great and moved the 3rd night to their sister hotel - Regency Lagoon which is a gem. It is not beach-side BUT it allows guests access to the beach side Boracay Regency with non-stop shuttle service (golf-cars or vans). We had a pool side access room which was dreamy, you go out to the balcony and all you see is water. The hotel has the biggest pool in Boracay. It actually allows you to have a quiet, relaxing and fun time in Boracay after enjoying the beach and the bustle along the beach area. D'Talipapa, Boracay's market which has everything from fruits, veggies, young coconut, and fresh seafood (with cooking services available) is a very short walk, its behind the resort. I love this resort and would love to be back.

Room Tip: Get the room with pool access, more pricey, but the experience is priceless.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank HTuanda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Calgary
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Loved it! After a less luxurious hotel in Manila, this place was like landing on a cushion. I booked 2 rooms, one for my 15 year old daughter, myself and husband, and one for my brother. Ended up on the 3rd floor, not on the pool, but those did look cool, I can understand the attraction. We were at the beach more tho, so they would have been wasted on us. Aircon was great, so quiet (not like some hotels where it sounds like a jet engine) and cooled the room down almost instantly when necessary. We really enjoyed the decor, (the colors used in the design were very spa-like, lots of curves and not so many hard corners), the facile lighting, the layout of the washroom, the little deck, the convenience of a little fridge, the drying rack on the little deck. I can understand some of the negative comments about the front desk staff, they were a little cool at first, but warmed up to us :) We all actually really liked the breakfast that was included, the staff were so attentive, all of the restaurant/bar staff were always helpful and gave immediate service. Some are more friendly than others, and I think this is the language barrier, some people just like to practise their English more than others. It is too bad this place isn't closer to the beach, the shuttle only takes you to the sister hotel, which is still a little bit of a walk to the beach. I like walking, so no big deal to me, but it can be scary, high season with all of the traffic, I can see older people not really enjoying it much, and not something you'd want your kids doing by themselves. Roosters were annoying, but that was all over the Philippines. Roosters crow everywhere!

Room Tip: The poolside rooms seem like a convenience luxury.
3 Thank FamilyTravelALot
Bulacan
Reviewed January 12, 2012

love love love the place...i like the idea of a swimming pool when you get out of your room....and it is indeed the one...we stay at a family room in the first floor...its is clean and neat...its spacious for 6 people...This is not our first time in Boracay but our first time in the Lagoon...it was a great time...my kids love the pool...love the breakfast buffet and the staff who are really really nice...you have to walk (3 minute walk) or ride on their golf cart for them to bring u in the beach....there you can sit on the front of boracay regency where all the beach chair is located...overall it is a 4 star for me....it will be 5 if it is front beach ....

3 Thank ladyann22
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 6, 2012

The hotel was very clean, visually appealing and had a very friendly staff. My family and I (two kids - 8 and 5) went to Boracay for the first time during Christmas. We chose a Grand Pool Access room located on the first floor. My kids loved being able to swim right off our balcony/patio (though both are good swimmers, we used caution and required our five year old to wear his life vest since the water was over his head).

I read somewhere on here that there is free wifi in the hotel - not sure if that's entirely true. They charge 150 Pesos for an hour of wifi. When I tried to purchase a card, they ran out of the 150 card and only had the 500 card for 24 hour access. I declined and came back the next day and they told me they were having problems with their system and asked if I would like the password for free wifi (one day only). Not sure if this is the free wifi that a couple of other reviewers were referring to. My impression was that it wasn't normally provided but I could be mistaken. Also, though I didn't try any of them, there are many public internet cafe's around the island.

The resort is located in Station 2 -off the main road. They provide a free electric shuttle cart to their sister resort (located right off the beach) which was nice (two minute ride) but we found we often preferred to just walk (seven minutes with two kids in tow). The small market is on the way to the beach (D'Talipapa). Great place to pick up souvenirs.

Most of the beach bars / restaurants offer Happy Hour on their cocktails - two for the price of one. Most places start Happy Hour after 4 or 5. We later found out that the resort also offers happy hour prices on their cocktails but for some reason, didn't advertise it. Needless to say, we decided to take advantage of it and had a cocktail or two while sitting outside our balcony. Example of prices: Local beer was about 70 Pesos (less than US $2) and cocktails were around 200 Pesos (less than US $5 - so less than $2.50 for each cocktail). I live in Hong Kong where drinks are so much more expensive so this was a bargain!

What I didn't like was the fact that their was four of us but our room only had a king size bed and one twin portable bed (that was brought in after we checked in). It was too expensive to get two rooms (twice the price). I wished they had a room with two double beds but we were comfortable (kids slept with me and hubby slept in the twin).

Not sure if anyone has mentioned laundry but I never use hotel laundry service because it is always ridiculously expensive. I was very happy to find that there are several laundry service shops where they only charge 35-40 pesos per kilogram to clean and fold your dirty laundry. Definitely a life safer when traveling with two messy children!

Great experience overall but a little too pricey (cheaper options were available at other resorts) for a family of four.

Room Tip: The pool access rooms are awesome but the negative is that some rooms faced directly to the restaura...
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 17, 2011

We spend first half our stay in boracay in an inn & was expecting quality at Regency. Waiting area was small with alot of people waiting or surfing the free wireless internet. Frontdesk staff we were attended to was very stiff unfriendly almost skeptical. We were nt locals but from SEA, we looked like one and we believed were discriminated.Room was great except beds were hard.Breakfast was great too. It's just 5-10mins walk to the beach. It's also weird that they do not hv wired internet in the room for such an established hotel but an inn could cover the place with wifi. It's pathetic to hv to sit in the lobby everytime. Overall it was ok, the rooms were the highlight of the plc.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank Hyda-R
New York
Reviewed November 2, 2011

first of all, let me say the pool is one of the best i've seen. rooms are very spacious. breakfast is great.

now, about the title of this review. i arrived early which i thought would be a problem. but i was told that since i booked through a third party, they need to verify my reservation. i was asked to sit while they checked my reservation. while waiting (about 10-15 minutes passed by), a group of foreigners arrived. the desk clerk who was helping me stop what she was doing and started helping the new arrivals. there were other clerks helping since this was a big group. during that time, a couple and another group came in (all foreigners). as i saw each group go through their respective rooms, i realized that i was ignored. so after 35-40 minutes, I stood up and started pacing around the lobby so that the clerk would see me (mind you that I am not a small person - height wise - not to be seen). when the clerk noticed I was still waiting, she called me and told me that everything is all set. rather than saying something nasty, i just took the key card to my room and walked away.

i've never felt discriminated in my entire life. worst of all it's from my own countrymen. it was just odd because i do consider myself a foreigner since I've been living in another country for over two decades now (she even saw my ID). i also noticed that some of the staff would open doors to the foreigners but when it was my turn, i have to open the door myself. funny thing is, there was an instance where i had to open the lobby door myself and two foreigners who was also going out thought i was opening the door for them. the surprised look on their face was priceless.

i don't want the readers of this review think that everyone working @ regency lagoon are like that. the staff at the pool and at the gym were very nice and helpful. it was just an experience i would never forget.

Room Tip: request for the room that has access to the swimming pool.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank Mykell
Mabalacat, Philippines
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I wasn't that impressed at all. Resort is barely new along the main road which is 5-10mins away from the beach on foot or 3-5mins by hotel service. Nice pool size, our room looks clean but i get mosquito bites every now and then. Im sure with a fully booked rooms, they can manage to provide insect sprays after every room cleaning specially the property is beside a market and an open stagnant water canal!!!
Food is ok not much variety. I thought for the price is a bit much for my experience.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends