“US family of four, living in HK”

Henann Lagoon Resort
Ranked #11 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Boston, Massachusetts
“US family of four, living in HK”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

The hotel was very clean, visually appealing and had a very friendly staff. My family and I (two kids - 8 and 5) went to Boracay for the first time during Christmas. We chose a Grand Pool Access room located on the first floor. My kids loved being able to swim right off our balcony/patio (though both are good swimmers, we used caution and required our five year old to wear his life vest since the water was over his head).

I read somewhere on here that there is free wifi in the hotel - not sure if that's entirely true. They charge 150 Pesos for an hour of wifi. When I tried to purchase a card, they ran out of the 150 card and only had the 500 card for 24 hour access. I declined and came back the next day and they told me they were having problems with their system and asked if I would like the password for free wifi (one day only). Not sure if this is the free wifi that a couple of other reviewers were referring to. My impression was that it wasn't normally provided but I could be mistaken. Also, though I didn't try any of them, there are many public internet cafe's around the island.

The resort is located in Station 2 -off the main road. They provide a free electric shuttle cart to their sister resort (located right off the beach) which was nice (two minute ride) but we found we often preferred to just walk (seven minutes with two kids in tow). The small market is on the way to the beach (D'Talipapa). Great place to pick up souvenirs.

Most of the beach bars / restaurants offer Happy Hour on their cocktails - two for the price of one. Most places start Happy Hour after 4 or 5. We later found out that the resort also offers happy hour prices on their cocktails but for some reason, didn't advertise it. Needless to say, we decided to take advantage of it and had a cocktail or two while sitting outside our balcony. Example of prices: Local beer was about 70 Pesos (less than US $2) and cocktails were around 200 Pesos (less than US $5 - so less than $2.50 for each cocktail). I live in Hong Kong where drinks are so much more expensive so this was a bargain!

What I didn't like was the fact that their was four of us but our room only had a king size bed and one twin portable bed (that was brought in after we checked in). It was too expensive to get two rooms (twice the price). I wished they had a room with two double beds but we were comfortable (kids slept with me and hubby slept in the twin).

Not sure if anyone has mentioned laundry but I never use hotel laundry service because it is always ridiculously expensive. I was very happy to find that there are several laundry service shops where they only charge 35-40 pesos per kilogram to clean and fold your dirty laundry. Definitely a life safer when traveling with two messy children!

Great experience overall but a little too pricey (cheaper options were available at other resorts) for a family of four.

Room Tip: The pool access rooms are awesome but the negative is that some rooms faced directly to the restaura...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed December 17, 2011

We spend first half our stay in boracay in an inn & was expecting quality at Regency. Waiting area was small with alot of people waiting or surfing the free wireless internet. Frontdesk staff we were attended to was very stiff unfriendly almost skeptical. We were nt locals but from SEA, we looked like one and we believed were discriminated.Room was great except beds were hard.Breakfast was great too. It's just 5-10mins walk to the beach. It's also weird that they do not hv wired internet in the room for such an established hotel but an inn could cover the place with wifi. It's pathetic to hv to sit in the lobby everytime. Overall it was ok, the rooms were the highlight of the plc.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank Hyda-R
New York
Reviewed November 2, 2011

first of all, let me say the pool is one of the best i've seen. rooms are very spacious. breakfast is great.

now, about the title of this review. i arrived early which i thought would be a problem. but i was told that since i booked through a third party, they need to verify my reservation. i was asked to sit while they checked my reservation. while waiting (about 10-15 minutes passed by), a group of foreigners arrived. the desk clerk who was helping me stop what she was doing and started helping the new arrivals. there were other clerks helping since this was a big group. during that time, a couple and another group came in (all foreigners). as i saw each group go through their respective rooms, i realized that i was ignored. so after 35-40 minutes, I stood up and started pacing around the lobby so that the clerk would see me (mind you that I am not a small person - height wise - not to be seen). when the clerk noticed I was still waiting, she called me and told me that everything is all set. rather than saying something nasty, i just took the key card to my room and walked away.

i've never felt discriminated in my entire life. worst of all it's from my own countrymen. it was just odd because i do consider myself a foreigner since I've been living in another country for over two decades now (she even saw my ID). i also noticed that some of the staff would open doors to the foreigners but when it was my turn, i have to open the door myself. funny thing is, there was an instance where i had to open the lobby door myself and two foreigners who was also going out thought i was opening the door for them. the surprised look on their face was priceless.

i don't want the readers of this review think that everyone working @ regency lagoon are like that. the staff at the pool and at the gym were very nice and helpful. it was just an experience i would never forget.

Room Tip: request for the room that has access to the swimming pool.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank Mykell
Mabalacat, Philippines
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I wasn't that impressed at all. Resort is barely new along the main road which is 5-10mins away from the beach on foot or 3-5mins by hotel service. Nice pool size, our room looks clean but i get mosquito bites every now and then. Im sure with a fully booked rooms, they can manage to provide insect sprays after every room cleaning specially the property is beside a market and an open stagnant water canal!!!
Food is ok not much variety. I thought for the price is a bit much for my experience.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We used the hotel for a corporate function. Very good ambiance for both business and pleasure. Since the hotel is about 5 minutes walk from the beach front, it gave our group a serene atmosphere to finish our main purpose before heading to beach in the late afternoon. This hotel is affiliated with Boracay Regency, we were able to organize dinner by the beach for our group. The food was very delicious and the serving was very generous. Customer service is excellent. The hotel is smaller than what they appear in picture, but I would guarantee that you will not be disappointed. The shape of the lagoon-like pool gives its guests just the right privacy. Best for kids as the pool does not go deeper than 4 ft. The hotel is a few minutes walk from 'd Talipapa. I was booked in a Premier Room with pool access. It was so good. The only downside in this arrangement is the mosquito. However, we requested for room service to have our room sprayed with a mosquito killer and that was the end of the dreaded insects. Overall, our group gave a very high rating for the hotel.

Room Tip: Primier with poolside access are the best. Just be sure to request for the room to be sprayed with...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Pearlie_76
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Stayed in this hotel last Jul2011. Very impressed! We paid approx 5k pesos (roughly 110 usd) per person for a 3D2N package that includes 2nights stay in family room + airport transfer + buffet breakfast + set dinner. We simply enjoyed a luxury stay but at an affordable price, definitely the best value for money.

Things i like:
1. Family room is superb! There are 2 rooms (1 room has 1 queen size + 1 super single, and another has 2 super single beds). Room is very spacious and clean. Since this is a relatively new hotel, interiors are still very new.

2. Hotel itself has a very big swimming pool, that's why it's called a lagoon perhaps :). You can dip into the pool without feeling too much crowded. Just a sidenote, I notice they have lots of Korean visitors.

3. Location & Transport - it's just a stone-throw away to Talipapa with less than a 5min walk, this is the place to go to for fresh seafood and souvenier shopping, love it!. The hotel btw is not very near to the beach. and to compensate for that, you can take their van transfer to Boracay Regency (their sister company which is a beachfront hotel). The van intervals are very frequent, and the ride is like a 3min ride. You can actually walk if you want to, perhaps it will take you 8-10min or so. Since this is not a beachfront hotel, you'll enjoy a peaceful night without pub noises.

4. Food - I notice there were several bad reviews with the food. For me, the buffet breakfast is typical, nothing much to complain about. I was quite satisfied, other than the usual continental breafast stuff, was able to have some Filipino dishes like palabok, tapa, puto, etc. For the dinner set menu included in our package, the first night we had bistek and cream dory - unfortunately we didnt quite like it. The second night we enjoyed the dinner set more, we had lobster and beef. For the price that we paid, this is already more than what I expected.

5. Service - staff was quite helpful. No bad experience whatsoever.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of going to Boracay.

Other recommended things to do:
-take the day tour which brings you to Crystal Cove Island, Pucca beach, etc
-rent a motorbike to take you to Shangrila Boracay, it's worth the time. The motorbike driver also took us to Mt Luho viewpoint which offers a great view of the whole Boracay.
-tons of water sport activities, just check it out with your hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank happy_leslie
California
Reviewed August 25, 2011

My husband and I together with my family stayed here for 5 nights. Booked 3 deluxe rooms and we loved it there! The rooms were spacious and the bathroom were splendid with complete amenities and nice furnishings. Love the room and veranda, everything was nice .. Nice pool , great staff.. Overall was a blast vacation we had.. My bro will visit Phils.again this nov.and he will book a room here again :-)

Keep it up !

Divers2go

Room Tip: overall was a quiet place, far from the noisy beach front.. Will advice to contact them before booki...
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with family