“relaxing quiet place”

Ranked #14 of 316 Restaurants in Boracay
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Spider House is a bar and restaurant situated on Diniwid Beach, where you can hang out away from the busy environment of White Beach. We serve simple bar chow, great sushi and pita wraps. Our bar serves very good cocktails and we are a popular sunset spot for tourists and locals alike. We host a popular monthly party called Sunset Sessions, featuring the island's best DJs.
Reviewed May 31, 2014

it is a little open cove, perfect for relaxing, swimming, drinks and some eating. You do not have to pay entrance fee in comparisson to the neighbour resort !..and you can reach Spider house on foot from white beach...go to the very end behind fridays.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went there twice, it would have been a five star rating from me and a three from my wife who is a Fil as she felt that the staff were favouring the foreigners when it comes to service which was not a problem for me as I'm one of them.

Getting there is an adventure, from the end of the white beach with the big Cross on the hill; follow the track around the corner and the far bar at the other end of the bay is it, persevere around the bay follow the new path through the cave and you're there.

First time we ate and had chicken adobo, grilled fish and beef teriyaki all nice; beef was breaded which was new for me but still good but the main reason to be there is the location the view to dive in and swim or sit on a raft and enjoy a few drinks.

A spectacular setting that deserves a visit if you can.

1  Thank Cardiff_Blues
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

We also spent the afternoon here the atmosphere was in fact so beautiful and very quiet! Great place to curl up into a book apparently as everyone around us was reading. The staff was friendly enough but I agree with another reviewer, not the warmest welcome and treatment on the beach. Smiles were short stocked here indeed. We had the lumpia and friend chips which were both really good! I especially enjoyed the lumpia! The atmosphere really was the best, the views were amazing! There were in fact many insects but as expected when you hotel is built into a cliff. The worst part, although I did not see any thank goodness, was that we were told that sometimes during high tide they have a problem with snakes. Even though it usually only happens at night since it's quieter there then, they have had to remove them. I even heard that they have the potential to get into the rooms!!! Because of this I would NEVER stay here! I am very terrified of snakes and would not be amused if I happened upon one in my room or anywhere else I was staying! The spiders and bugs here did not bother me but snakes would present a problem!!! If you're ok with that it would be neat to stay here, if NOT I suggest looking elsewhere!

1  Thank Stars4dt
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We rode a tricycle from Station 2, D'Mall for P130 for the 2 of us, original rate was P150; you should HAGGLE MORE. The ride will take around 15 minutes. The trike will then drop you off in an alley leading to Diniwid Beach. When you reach the beach, turn right, along the mini cliff, until you reach it; it's the farthest cave entrance. We got there around 5PM in time for sunset. We ordered Chicken Masala and a Vegetable Platter. Bill was around P500-P600 if I remember correctly.

PROS:
1. Pretty cool location in one the island's most, if not, quietest beaches. Spider House is perched on top of a cliff. You can also jump from the restaurant's ledge and dive into the sea! You can watch the sunset from here. They have a very nice and chill ambiance going on. From house music to that island vibe music.
2. Very chill and fun loving people.

CONS:
1. Very bland food. Chicken Masala was not spicy or tasty enough. Some of the vegetables in the vegetable platter we ordered were not properly cooked. Some of them were still pretty hard to chew.
2. The staff in the restaurant never smiles. When you come in, they will not entertain you. I think they should be trained more. It's like they're sad or grumpy about customers being there. I'm not sure if they're poorly paid, not enough group dynamics, or they're just had a long day. Very poor customer service.
3. There were a lot of insects. I think this is understandable as the resort is built on the cave structure.
4. The pillows in their seats need washing.
5. Half of their menu falls under the breakfast category.

OVERALL: Spider House would be very forgettable if it wasn't for its location or the laid back ambiance. I suggest just going here to have a beer and eating someplace else. Don't order any food and ignore the grumpiness of the staff, and you're gonna have a good time. Make sure to be here from 4PM-6.30PM, for sunset watching and mini cliff diving.

1  Thank Ayra D
Reviewed May 10, 2014

As recommended by a friend, we rode the tricycle from station 1 to Diniwid beach for only Php80. It was my first time to go to the other side of the island, and i must say that it has a different vibes. If you just want to chill and have a quite lunch before going to Sur or Two Seasons for happy hour, this is the place to go. The view from the resto is breathtaking, with good music, good food and good company. There's nothing more you could ask for. :)