“Clean, Quiet Location & Great Value”

Hotel Soffia Boracay
Ranked #41 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
“Clean, Quiet Location & Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is approx. 15 mins from the main mall/beach but the hotel offers a free shuttle until 10pm. You can also catch a tutt tutt except you have to walk up the driveway then which is long & steep! Breakfast included in our deal. The hotel is clean & comfortable. The pool is nice with great views. It is very quiet so if you want to relax away from all the hustle then this hotel is for you. However, if you want to enjoy the Boracay atmosphere then you should probably stay in a hotel on the main beach. The hotel was great value and we would stay again depending on the type of experience we were after.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

This hotel is really a calm oasis in the over-crowded island - away from all the tourists down at White Beach. The staff are fantastic and the pool is great - amazing views. Rooms are spotless and staff on hand to help.

We booked in for two nights and stayed for ten! Partly due to Typhoon Haiyan /Yolanda but I wouldn't have wanted to be stuck anywhere else!

We booked through agoda for best prices and the hotel matched that price for the rest of our stay.

Free shuttle bus every hour to and from the main beach area was really helpful. Wi-if is only in the restaurant and lobby - but who needs wi-fi in paradise? It's a small hotel so we had the pool to ourselves most days!

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Boracay and wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Pick 3rd floor for best views - poolside for best views of the sea! but the other side may be quiete...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Holly R
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have only made a reservation in this hotel and yet they are already giving me a hard time. I have booked in another portal and when I email them for the confirmation they did not reply. I had to make an overseas call just to get in touch with them. Now they give me trouble with my credit card. On top of that, the staff named RICHARD is very hard to talk to. Says something on the phone, then email something different. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jane K
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here for one night as we want to go to somewhere quiet.. But we were dissapointed when we requested for room with seaview they said the rooms on 3rd and 4th floor are being painted. To think we checked in during weekend, shouldn't they do this on weekdays instead? The wifi is terrible, only available at the lobby and restaurant yet it was so slow. They dont have double bed but just push 2 single beds when we requested for double bed. Last but not least the view from an open veranda on 4th floor is simply breathtaking.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shalehah
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed 3 nights there and it was simply perfect!!~
Great location, away from the crowds. The staff was friendly, very kind and helpful to us.
Rooms are very clean and tidy. the food is delicious!!~
They even take care of small details such as the complimentary shuttle bus. Strongly recommend this hotel if you want to relax,we definitely will back again hopefully soon.
Thanks to all the staff for making our holiday an unforgettable one. =)

• Stayed September 2013
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed here with a friend and my fiancé on our second trip to Boracay. The driveway up to the hotel is a steep, dirt road which I found entertaining but it may frighten some, also some tricycle drivers will not take you up so you have to walk. There was good service on arrival and all the staff are very friendly. Our room was on the third floor (stairs only!) and had nice furniture and décor but the bathroom had a really bad septic smell which came into the whole room.
The water didn't work properly with pressure dropping to a dribble every 30 seconds and going from scalding hot to freezing cold. The people in the room next to us were smoking and it filled out room two nights in a row.
We ended up kindly being moved to a room on the second floor which had no smell and the water pressure problem was still there but not as bad.
Breakfast was basic and quite disappointing but staff are willing to cook eggs to your liking and if you bring your own fruit they will cut it up for you. We also bought our own bread as they only had sweet bread.
The pool and view was nice.

Room Tip: Stay on first floor if you want to be able to have a shower.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank megsontoast
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Went here a couple of years ago and unfortunately was not a member of tripadvisor yet. We were booked in another hotel but was informed that they were booked by a certain company for a conference and could not take us. We got Hotel Soffia out of desperation and was kind of hesitant since it is on top of the hill instead of the by-the-beach scenery me and my boyfriend wanted.

Before arriving, I got a call and an email from the staff asking if we are coming and they also asked for our plane and boat schedules. When we arrived in Kalibo port, I got another call informing me that their staff is already there waiting for us with a van. We met the courteous driver and another staff who offered us cold bottled water and soda in an icebox. Off we drove to the hotel which is a little way far from all the busy parties of the Boracay shores. When we arrived, we were greeted with a shell lei and a very good tasting iced lemongrass drink.

Our room is in the 3rd floor and it has a great view of the island. The room has cobble stone floor and a nice balcony that is very cool at night. The bathroom is complete with amenities - shampoo, body wash, soap, hot & cold water.

They have a small, very cute swimming pool that is well maintained and clean. They serve free breakfast too. We usually call 30mins before going down at the pool area for our orders so the breakfast will be ready by then.

Their shuttle has a schedule to take guests from the hotel to certain destinations. Fortunately for us, we can call them so they can just pick us up (lucky!). Maybe because we were one of the first guests as they just opened when we visited.

What me and my boyfriend appreciate more than anything else are the staff. They are always smiling, courteous and very approachable. They even knew it was my birthday on the 2nd day we were there and all the staff I bumped into would greet me. I used my info in booking and it required my birthdate. Cool!

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floor and the one facing the sea for a great view!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple